3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Blessing in disguise? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/227747-blessing-disguise.html)

spixiet 03-10-2011 09:48 AM

Blessing in disguise?

I teach sixth grade, and by 3:00 each day, I'm not particularly fond of other people's children ;) Well, my roommate has decided to tutor 2 13-year-old boys after work 4 days a week. This means that other people's children will be in my home nearly every day after work. (She asked me if I was okay with it, and I did say it was fine, because it's her home too and she wants to make some extra money).

I'm looking at this as a blessing in disguise instead of an annoyance or intrusion into my personal space. Recently, I've been having difficulty making it to the gym or the park for any kind of exercise. This may just be the kick in the pants I need to keep my from coming home and sprawling on the couch in front of the TV :dizzy:

time2lose 03-10-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

I teach sixth grade
I can just say "Bless your heart." :)

You have a good attitude. I work to get my exercise done before going home because I have trouble getting to the exercise once I get home. You are going to make this work for you. Your roommate is lucky to have you as a roommate!

fattymcfatty 03-10-2011 10:20 AM

Taught high school for several years, did junior high for a year or so. I understand what you are saying. Right now I'm a stay-at-home mom, taking some time off from the teaching biz.

I would definitely be out at the gym, running, walking, whatever until those boys are finished with their tutoring session.

Ashley777 03-10-2011 10:51 AM

way to go on the attitude! But your are right as in it would be like bringing your work home with you. I do alot of paperwork and work with University students, I do not like doing all the paperwork at home (paying bills etc) cause it feels like I am at work. Also, you are right as in it could be agreat motivator to get to the gym.

Eliana 03-10-2011 10:56 AM

Ha! I get it! I had preschoolers when my own children were preschoolers and glory be, I'm not sure how I made it! I had so much patience for the children at school but had very little left when I got home. :(

You have a wonderful attitude about this! Good for you!

Sandi 03-10-2011 11:04 AM

What a GREAT attitude! And you are absolutely right! It will be a perfect excuse to get you to the gym. Awesome the way life works out like that sometimes!

Tai 03-10-2011 12:26 PM

You're right; it's a great motivator to get out of the house and you're being such a nice roommate at the same time!

Nikki6kidsmom 03-10-2011 01:01 PM

I do think this will be a great motivator to not go home and veg out could help even break the old habit. Way to go thinking positive!

Arctic Mama 03-10-2011 01:37 PM

That's one way to incentivize exercise ;)