3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Sheep! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/227708-sheep.html)

spixiet 03-09-2011 08:49 PM

Sheep!

So I've been finding excuse after excuse recently not to get in any exercise, and today, I finally decided to climb back on the horse. It was a gorgeous day, so I went out to the nearby regional park where there are a couple trails I like, to spend about an hour walking/hiking/jogging around.

The park was filled with sheep! Real, live, bleating sheep. It was fantastic :D Partway through my walk, my mp3 player died, so I spent the rest of my time listening to the sheep and birds and really enjoying the views of San Francisco Bay - it was wonderful. I started making sheep noises whenever I didn't think people were near and even having stupid mini-conversations with the sheep that would stare...yes, I was speaking out loud to sheep...and a couple of times, I'm pretty sure that a couple random people on the trail heard me because they had these silly grins on their faces when they came around corners :o

Tai 03-09-2011 09:18 PM

Now there's something you don't see everyday!

krampus 03-09-2011 09:57 PM

That's a lovely story. Sheep are adorable and lovely critters. I talk and make noises at them too when I see them. ;)

NubiaxRu 03-09-2011 11:04 PM

hahaha that that story made me smile! I used to be the queen of excuses..I'm glad you decided to exercise after all :cheer:

hpnodat 03-09-2011 11:50 PM

I love that story. I would love to see some sheep while exercising sometime. That would be awesome!

mdchick88 03-09-2011 11:56 PM

And THIS is exactly why I should be exercising outside! I definitely don't see any sheep in my bedroom - you've inspired me to go for a run tomorrow (or at least a walk, I don't want to be overzealous or anything)

Jojo381972 03-10-2011 10:15 AM

haha, great stuff that you got out exercising. It makes me terribly envious that winter is dragging here and we have so much snow. I can't wait to get outside running/biking. Have a bahaha day!

TheBunneh 03-10-2011 10:21 AM

That is awesome!

I feel the same way about the ducks that live on the pond at my apartments (so tame they will sit right next to you, if you have food at least :D), but I'm too shy with the other people around here to go out and spend time with them. :rolleyes:

Good for you for exercising!

FitGirlyGirl 03-10-2011 11:09 AM

I used to live in England and the area I was in had lots and lots of sheep. I always talked to them too. They are awesome furry people. There were some on one of the fields near my house that would let me pet them. I also talk to the ducks at the duck pond in my neighborhood. I hold entire conversations with our cats and the dog that we have had for almost a week. I talked to my horses and the neighbor's cows when I was a kid. Heck, When I had fish I even talked to them. I see nothing wrong with talking to the sheep. Congrats on such a pleasant walking workout!

Eliana 03-10-2011 11:13 AM

Oh my goodness, I think we're kindred spirits! :D I so would have been talking to the sheep! Our old neighborhood exited past a sheep farm. I could hear them from my house. I miss that. And I think they do answer back. Cows do too. ;)