3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   New Year Resolutions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/22732-new-year-resolutions.html)

Sandi 12-12-2002 02:11 PM

New Year Resolutions

Dare I say it???

We are just a few weeks away from January 1st. It's resolution time.

I am not setting a weight related goal. If I do that, I will eat myself silly until then.

For me, it's money. We bring in enough money to be able to pay our bills and buy an extra thing here or there. Right now we spend like there is no tomorrow and are often left short when it comes time for the bills. This must stop. My goal is to eat at home more, spend less on junk we don't need and be a better bargin hunter. I want to get more out of what we bring home, not just blow it like we are now.

You?

Jo 12-12-2002 02:52 PM

Good resolution!

I have a similar problem (spending, too much credit card debt). My new year's resolutions are:

1) Pay down debt
2) Do what I can to keep diabetes & BP under control (eat healthy & exercise)
3) Learn to play piano (I know it's a weird resolution, but it's something I've always wanted to do :))

Jo
341/269/135 (?)

snowball1 12-12-2002 02:55 PM

Be more organized. I am HORRIBLE at keeping things straight. Bills & other important documents get strewn all over the place. It especially stinks when I lose or misplace a bill, forget about, & then don't find it until after the due date. :mad:

So, I'm resolving to set up a filing system. My plan is to put all the mail we get each week in a basket & then every Sunday, sit down & sort it out. File what needs to be filed; pay what needs to be paid; throw away the junk (I have piles & piles of junk mail!)

Once I get the mail system down, I hope to carry organization over into other parts of the home, such as our closets & cabinets, but I'm starting with the mail, the most important IMO.

Sandi 12-12-2002 02:59 PM

snowball - That's exactly what I do. I also try to sort through the mail even before it makes it into my basket and that way the junk mail gets thrown away right away. But if it's crazy, everything goes right in the basket and gets cleaned out over the weekend. Great idea!!

Charbar 12-12-2002 04:20 PM

I love this not weight related thread.. because I'm trying to hide from it right now... :lol:

Money seems to be a theme here. I'd love to stop buying junk I don't need. Get organized with Sara - set up a system where is can have a treat - but not just when ever I have the money. It seems like I do things when it's good at that moment. Does this make any sense.

I know.. I want to proactive - not reactive!

Dana

Goddess Jessica 12-13-2002 06:26 PM

I want to be flexible!!! I want to put my legs behind my head. Or be able to do the splits. With my new exercise routine of running like a madwoman, I can feel all these muscles tightening in a bad way. So, by the end of 2003, I want to be Gumby!

gonzostar 12-13-2002 10:04 PM

study, study, study

hm. resolution. i think mine will have to be to not slack at hitting the books because i really want to graduate in june. if i don't do it by then (or finish up in the summer) my plans for the future with david will get a little mucked up.

IsabellaMay 12-13-2002 11:33 PM

Last year I vowed to quit overeating during study time. I have manged to do that YAY!..Last year I ate my way through 21 credits. This year I haven't overeaten once while preparing for a test...one small accomplishment at a time, I guess.

This year, I would like to care about myself enough to let myself lose weight and not sabotage myself everytime I get close to a 10 pound loss. It's like I can lose 7-8 piounds without a problem but when I hit close to 10 pounds, I mess up. Almost as if I get uncomfortable letting it go... if that makes any sense at all.

So this new years resolution?...This year I would like to stop sabotaging myself. I gave up trying to understand why I do it... I just want to stop it.

IsabelllaMay

Crissey 12-14-2002 08:28 AM

I know most of you are staying away from a weight related goal, but I'm diving in anyway! I take resolutions very seriously and have been thinking about mine for awhile now.

Here they are...
1. I want to be at or close to my goal weight of 140 by the end of 2003. I've fooled around with this long enough...it's put up or shut time for me. Whew, what a relief to finally say that!

2. Set aside one night per month just as me and hubby time. We NEVER go out and do anything without the girls. I've been waiting on him to take the initiative and he apparently isn't, so I'm going to step up the plate on this one.

3. Make sure that I get my Bible study and prayer time in on a daily basis. I've slacked way off in this area.

4. Get back to consistently doing my FlyLady routine to keep our home clean and organized.

5. To be announced...still thinking on this one.

I know it seems like a lot, but I usually make five and do really well with all but the weight loss one. Aarrgh...I have to work hard to make that change and I think my friend's gastric bypass is just the incentive I need. I mean usually by this time in the holiday season I could have already packed on an extra five pounds, ya know?

Okay...shutting up now,
Christy

Crushed 12-14-2002 03:34 PM

I have a few things I want to conquer in 2003, besides losing weight, of course.

I want to get organized around the house, have a place for everything and everything in it's place.

I want to take better care of myself, my husband and my beautiful son.

I want to try and discover what it is I want to do with my life and DO IT!! :)

and I totally agree with Dana... I want to be proactive not reactive in my life.

Joni

SuchAPrettyFace 12-14-2002 04:07 PM

I need to get out of debt.

I'd like to get off the blood pressure meds.

lorelei1 12-15-2002 12:45 AM

New Years Resolution

My Resolutions are:
1. Finally get to my goal weight. I started this resolution in 2001. I lost 37 pounds in 2001 and this year I have made it to a total of 75 pounds all together. I still have a long road but if I stick with it all year I CAN be at goal by the end of 2003. (to be 160)

2. Date and have lots of fun! :)

3-get out of debt. This shouldnt be that hard since I have only one creit card and not that high of a balance, so maybe in a few months it will be gone!

laura

HotFlash 12-15-2002 10:14 AM

My 2003 Goals:

1) Focus on health and fitness, NOT weight per se.

2) Quit knocking myself to please other people. I will learn the art of saying "no".

3) Achieve a better balance in my life between the physical, spiritual and emotional sides of myself.

4) Refuse, refuse, REFUSE to indulge in any form of self-pity. It's a destructive emotion.

5) Strive to find the positive characteristics in people and situations.

That's it!!

soiley 12-15-2002 11:43 AM

Great thread here!!

My goals are:
Get my diabetes into good control
Work toward a daily meditation practice
Spend one day a week doing what I want to do (not taking care of other people, just me)
Work toward a daily exercise habit
Get some order in my home

That's about the size of it!

Jennelle 12-15-2002 12:59 PM

I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions, mainly because I never stick to them. There are two things I really want to do, though:

- I want to get to my goal weight of 135 by New Year's Eve, 2003.

- I want to be able to finish a 10K race (6 miles) in under an hour and fifteen minutes.

I'd like to share the way I'm going to keep track of my goal. I'm going to do a long-term plan, just like I do when lesson planning for my classroom. This is what you do: Get a blank calendar with big squares. Fill out a training schedule in advance. On each day, write down when, where, for how long, and at what intensity you're going to exercise. If you need to modify your plan (say you're sick for a few days, or you push yourself a little harder than you'd planned one day), write it down on the planner. By the end of the month, you will have a marked up, messy planner that will tell you exactly what you accomplished, and where you need to start next month.

I'm also considering a simple personal website, but I need to get my time management under control. (True story: I enrolled in a time management correspondence course through my employer years ago. I was disenrolled because I ran out of time. Ironic, I though...)