3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I've been messing up... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/225802-ive-been-messing-up.html)

Caring4myself 02-16-2011 08:41 AM

I've been messing up...

I need to reel myself in. I've eaten something off my plan the last 3-4 days. I had pizza, whole mini pack of snickers, pillsbury choc chip cookies(last night). I've gained 1.8lbs. It seems like the hunger hit me all of a sudden. I am extra stressed due to grieving for the loved one I just lost. In addition, I think TOM is coming soon.

I'm just really jumbled mentally right now. But I def. don't won't to go backwards. I just got out of the 250s. I got over 100lbs to lose.

I'm frustrated. :stress:

KatMarie 02-16-2011 09:38 AM

Today is new day. The last 3-4 days are over and done with...get back on track, now. Find something else that comforts you when you're stressed. Reading, knitting, exercise, chewing gum, or at least eat healthier snacks like apples (very filling). The junk food might make you feel better while you're eating it, but you'll feel so much worse the second your done eating. The sugar and carbs will make you feel sluggish and depressed later and make things worse...just remember that. Sending you hugs. You're strong, you'll get thru this.

Emme 02-16-2011 09:46 AM

Like KatMarie said, today is a new day and a chance to start fresh again. I can be a very emotional eater and sometimes it helps me to stop and take a breath, and really try to work through my emotions instead of eating...sometimes that is easier said than done. I'm sorry for the loss of your loved one ~ eating can be a distraction that gets you away from feeling grief and sadness, but it isn't always the best course of action to take...I've been there and it's very easy to feel comforted with food that I love. Just brush yourself off and start anew.

OhMyDogs 02-16-2011 09:57 AM

I agree too, the last several days are gone and done. You know you've gone off plan, you have recognized why, and now you can change how you deal with that stress and grief.

beerab 02-16-2011 10:39 AM

Figure out why you over-ate (sounds like you did), and then work out what to do next time. Maybe you were genuinely hungry but I'd look to eating something like a slice of whole wheat toast with an egg or with peanut butter, etc.

Caring4myself 02-16-2011 11:10 AM

Thanks for the support. I worked out for 50min this morning on the treadmill. I bought a polar heart monitor and discovered this morning that I have a heart moniter strap that came with my sole treadmill. Oh well.... Anyway, I feel a little better. I am feeling depressed though. I have so many emotions running right now and during TOM. I'm on my way to work, I wish I could post through my cell phone. Coming here helps, because I know you guys understand. Anyway, I know I can do it. I gotta keep with it.

Angie 02-16-2011 03:30 PM

Good for you for doing your workout today!

I'm sorry for your loss and your grief, it's hard to focus on weight-loss when dealing with those kinds of things. If you feel it's tough to stay exactly on plan, maybe loosen the reins a little, (ie/ okay, pick up lunch at a fast food place, but order a salad or something healthier out of the options?) but don't give yourself permission to binge. Could you handle that?

AZ Sunrises 02-16-2011 04:38 PM

Would it make you feel better if I told you that I've gained 12 lbs of water weight in the past 3 days? That would be the effect of having a cup of rice during LC induction...and then following it up with pork rinds and a couple of other salty things.

I'd think it was hilarious in a sad-clown kind of way if I weren't so bloated and miserable.

Caring4myself 02-16-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angie (Post 3715272)
Good for you for doing your workout today!

I'm sorry for your loss and your grief, it's hard to focus on weight-loss when dealing with those kinds of things. If you feel it's tough to stay exactly on plan, maybe loosen the reins a little, (ie/ okay, pick up lunch at a fast food place, but order a salad or something healthier out of the options?) but don't give yourself permission to binge. Could you handle that?

I try not to get too far gone, well at least this time i'm not. If I continue I'll fall back into bad habits. Posting here helped me to release, and today was a good day. I did not eat anything outside of my meal plan. I worked out two days in a row, and plan to work out tomorrow. I want to burn as many calories as I can because I don't want to go in the wrong direction on the scale.

In addition, I'm worried about what family members will say when they see me. Some even though I've lost weight, I was smaller when they last saw me. Saturday is the funeral, so I'm thinking about that.

I'm just happy that I got back with it today. Thanks for the advice.

Caring4myself 02-16-2011 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ Sunrises (Post 3715357)
Would it make you feel better if I told you that I've gained 12 lbs of water weight in the past 3 days? That would be the effect of having a cup of rice during LC induction...and then following it up with pork rinds and a couple of other salty things.

I'd think it was hilarious in a sad-clown kind of way if I weren't so bloated and miserable.

Wow, well if it's water weight that should come right on off. You've done great so far, and are an inspration to me because I can't wait to have lost what you have so far. I know i'll get there. I'm working at it. I'm a work in progress.