Old 02-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Its time to play...suggest an order from this restaurant!

I'm going to dinner tonight at the Fat Squirrel. I would appreciate any suggestions for a healthy meal.

Please and Thank you!

http://www.fatsquirrelpub.com/pages/menu.html
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Peel and eat shrimp
or
Mussels
and
6 oz bacon wrapped filet
or
corned beef and cabbage

and a beer.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I like the corned beef and cabbage
But I'd also go for the shrimp or a steak
The spinach salad without the craisins sounds good, but I'd ask for the dressing on the side because it might be too sweet

And I might just drink my daily carbs in a Stout Float... but I'd have to plan for that because ice cream is usually too much sugar for one meal for me.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #4  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Those mussels sound good; I'm more used to the preparation style of steaming them in white wine & I wonder how the flavor differs.

Or I'd have the Irish stout beef stew, eating the potatoes in the stew, but handing off the soda bread, except maybe the merest crumb to see if it was okay or dried out as this bread can sometimes be.

Or I'd get the smaller sirloin cut, cut it in half & bring half home, and on the side, I'd have a sweet potato (without the special butter; they're generally moist enough not to require a topping) and probably the smokey apple cabbage, after ascertaining exactly why it's smokey. Shame nothing green like beans or broccoli there.

If I weren't terribly hungry, with a dinner-size appetite, I'd get the Grilled Portobello burger with sauteed onions & mushrooms & avocado slices. I'd substitute a side salad for fries.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/180/160

Height: 5'9"

I would get the shrimp and a side of baked sweet potato, hold the Whiskey butter(mainly cause it sounds icky anyways...)

Or the 14oz steak, with 1/2 wrapped up before dinner even started, veggies without butter, with the same sweet potato if I had the calories for it.
duckyyellowfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #6  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I'd get the spinach/steak salad, give half the steak away to dinner companions (only save 2-3 oz for one serving), dressing and gorgonzola on the side, ask them to be stingy w/ craisins and generous w/ the spinach. But I don't like gorgonzola much so a few drops of that on my spinach would be all I'd need -- steak has enough fat to flavor your salad. And a water, of course.

I'm a lightweight, so I'd just have half a pale ale to go with it.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #7  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

I'd probably get the 6oz bacon wrapped filet, and maybe a double portion of those veggies without butter -- and eat the whole thing. Either that or eat 1/2 the steak and get the sweet potato w/ no butter as well. One or the other.

Last edited by shannonmb; 02-11-2011 at 03:10 PM.
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

If it was me, I would have Peel and Eat Shrimp and a dinner salad. Mussles would be a good alternative (but I am not a shellfish fan). Alternatively, the Roasted Chicken Cobb Salad looks OK, but I would have to get dressing on the side and no cheese.
Pacifica Bee is offline   Reply With Quote