3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   100 lb Club Bios (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/2242-100-lb-club-bios.html)

mem1591 02-24-2018 01:56 AM

First name: Maureen

Geographical location: Georgia, USA

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: I co-own and run a golf travel business but am considering a move and career change.

Pets: one dog who is now my family’s dog, Delaney

Hobbies/Interests: sewing, crafting, knitting, reading, travel

Height: 5’9”

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Friday, February 23, 2018

Starting Weight: 306

Present Weight: 305

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Ingrained bad habits, binge eating

Following any specific plan: BistroMD, hoping to add exercise soon

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am committed to this for ME and for my health and happiness.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I’ve struggled with my weight since I was 9. At 11, my mom, who is in recovery from an eating disorder, put me in Weight Watchers. Thus began a series of yo you diets. I’ve lost as much as 60 pounds about 6 years ago, only to gain back the entire 60 pounds when I moved back to my hometown. My weight has steadily climbed from there. I have some mental health issues that I think would be lessened by the increase in confidence weight loss would give.

Amanda133 03-07-2018 07:37 PM

New Here

First name: Amanda

Geographical location: Nebraska

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: NA

Pets: Two cats (Leo and Kiki) and a dog (Lily)

Hobbies/Interests: I love to read, watch tv shows with my hubby, go to the movies, bowling

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, Strawberry blond hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 3/5/18

Starting Weight: 270

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Depression, anxiety, busy lifestyle

Following any specific plan: low carb, counting calories on MFP

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am trying to get a handle on my psychological issues that hinder my progress. I made an appointment to start treatment with a psychiatrist that help with therapy and meds to keep my anxiety and depression down so I can focus on changing my bad eating and exercise habits. I also joined 3FC. I'm hoping a support group setting can help me gain support and keep on track through accountability.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am still in college so that I can get my bachelors in nursing, planning on graduation my May 2019. So Right now my life is busy with school, work, and home life.

Pearly 03-14-2018 02:10 PM

First name:Crystal

Geographical location:Uk

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages:

Pets:no pets

Hobbies/Interests:singing ,reading novels, writing, kpop and kdrama fan

Height:5ft2

Eye/Hair Color: hair color is brownish black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:14/03/2018

Starting Weight:278.8

Present Weight:278.8

Goal Weight:178

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:finding the time to cook and exercise

Following any specific plan:portion control and exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i just want to be the bet me i can be.i am 19 but i feel so old and my body doesnt let me do the things i really want to do . i want ot be as energetic as other young people my age

Anything else you would like to share with us:

lucy9371 04-18-2018 02:50 AM

First name: Lucy

Geographical location: California

Marital Status: None

Children/Ages: None

Pets: Dog

Hobbies/Interests: Piano, painting

Height: 5 7

Eye/Hair Color: Brown, Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Been a long journey, but I'm calling it today (April 17, 2018) because I want a fresh start.

Starting Weight: 250

Present Weight: 250

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: I'm a student at a very hard school, which means I'm constantly studying and that is my priority. I tried losing weight before and actually lost a lot--I reached 170, but I did not do it in a healthy way at all, and was dizzy all the time, and gained it all back.

Following any specific plan: My goal is to transform my lifestyle. I have an exercise plan and I will also be adopting a plant-based diet.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm going to do it the right way this time, and it's going to be for the right reasons. The last time I did it it was out of self-hatred, now I want to do this for myself, not because I think everyone around me judges me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've always prioritized being a student over my own health. I've achieved my academic goals, and now I need to commit to myself finally. I will be applying to grad school next year and heading there the year after that. My goal is to have a new start when I'm at grad school. I no longer want to be held back because of my weight. I'm proud of everything I've accomplished academically, but I've realized that the only way I will truly be happy is if I feel healthy and comfortable in my own skin. I'm excited to commit to my own health.

LuckyYou 05-09-2018 12:13 AM

I'm trying...but I could use a some help

First name: Lizzy

Geographical location:

Marital Status:single

Hobbies/Interests:reason/ writing (amateur author seeking publisher hehe), history, current events, corny one liner jokes

Height:5'7 (170cm)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:January 1 (new years resolution)

Starting Weight:262

Present Weight:222

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
I eat when I'm angry or nervous and since I'm not content with my current job and looking for a new one and hence have a lot of stress at work and interviews to prep for as well I feel like I'm using most of my will power to smile at the HR people and not to pull out my boss's hair (jk) that I am sometimes so tired I can't bring myself to cook and so I inevitably eat cheese (it's my weeknees) for dinner.

Following any specific plan
currently doing Insanity max 30 workout followed by P90x3 (these beachbody workouts and since they are only 30 minutes a day I'm finding I can stick to them. I'm currently in month 2 of the max 30 workout and I have seen a noticble difference in strength and endurance).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
this is the first time I am seeking support and thinking long term. Before it was all about getting to my goal weight (which I have in the past and then gained it all back and then some) now I am more concerned with being strong than thin and staying strong rather than just reaching a number on a scale.

My favorite quote to motivate myself is "it's a slow process but quitting won't make it any faster"

moosehappy 06-15-2018 06:53 PM

First name: Cassie

Geographical location: Alabama

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: Nope

Pets: Cat (Sophie)

Hobbies/Interests: A little bit of everything, but especially tabletop games and video games

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown / Brown (dyed red, probably more grey now)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Forever (this time? 6/11/18)

Starting Weight: 285 (March 2018)

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Right now, lack of income for healthy eating. Also, ridiculous carb cravings

Following any specific plan: P90 workouts; nothing specific for diet but vaguely low carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's less about appearance and more about health, finally

Anything else you would like to share with us: Not yet?

TXFinley 06-27-2018 04:41 PM

Back at this thing again.

First name: Kris

Geographical location: North Texas

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 2 sons, ages 21 & 18

Pets: 3 dogs; labradoodle named Finley (he's really only mine), german shepherd named Bonnie, silver labrador named Bandit, and 1 spoiled rotten cat named Mouse.

Hobbies/Interests: My pets, reading, gambling, fishing, traveling (when I can)

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: green/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TBD depending on when I order my food

Starting Weight: 286

Present Weight: 286

Goal Weight: 175 (should be around 150, but just getting under 200 would thrill me)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: This is a tough one because I have used so many excuses in the past, but honestly this time...its my husband. Back in 2013-2014 I lost 80 lbs and felt fantastic. I loved how I felt mostly and all the good reports from my dr, and yes, I loved being able to shop in the "normal" sizes instead of plus and seeing a thinner me, but that was just icing. Then one night at a party, I saw my husband flirting with a very overweight woman who happened to be my sis-in-law (married to my brother) and it hurt so much I almost didn't recover and we almost broke up. He told me he was sorry, of course, and it didn't cross a line that was the end, but it was close. After a while he told me that he didn't find me as attractive since I had lost all the weight. He said he thought I had changed so much, inside and out. I was crushed. I know I should be grateful that he finds me attractive at my heaviest (husband is 6'2 and weighs less than 220), but no matter what I weigh, I'm still me. It has played a terrible mind game on me, or I have let it play a terrible mind game. I may be using it as an excuse....I honestly don't know. But I have gained back almost all the weight.....I'm 15 lbs away from being at my biggest and I hate myself for it. But I tell myself if I lose again he won't want me. So I've decided to get healthy for ME, for my sons and for my future. If my husband wants to be a part of it or not will be up to him. I can't make him want me or be attracted to me. It's crazy though. So there it is!

Following any specific plan: I used Medifast the first time and I've decided to go back on that plan. I put TBD on my start date because I don't know when my food will arrive. I'm thinking July 8 will probably be the date.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Different because I really want to do this to prove to myself that it's important for me and my family that I'm HEALTHY. Not just thin, not just wearing "normal" size clothes, but because it's the smart thing to do for our future. I hope GOD blesses me with many, many healthy years and that I'm never a burden on my children. Oh and I need to have surgery on my foot that will have me totally off of it for a few weeks and it would be so much easier to handle if I were smaller.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am grateful to be here and I hope to hear from anyone willing to reach out. The support means so much to me. I've had a long talk with my sons and asked them to please try to support me the best they can and they are excited for my journey. I don't have a lot of other people to share with.

fitatfifty 09-02-2018 05:00 PM

My Bio

First name: Gwen

Geographical location: Southeast Missouri

Marital Status: Married almost 31 years

Children/Ages: Female age 28, Male age 27 and Male age 25

Occupation: Assistant Activity Director and Head Cook at an Adult Daycare Facility for Special Needs Individuals

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: Genealogy, Camping, Vintage

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1 Sep 2018

Starting Weight:242.8 lbs

Present Weight:242

Goal Weight:135 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss:Lack of Willpower

Following any specific plan: Keto/Low Carb

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time I placed a diet bet hoping it would be the kick in the pants I need to help with this lack of willpower.

Anything else you would like to share with us::carrot:

mountainannie 11-25-2018 08:16 AM

First name: Elizabeth

Geographical location:Florida

Marital Status: Divorced

Children/Ages: none

Pets: One cat- Max

Hobbies/Interests: news junkie, teaching literacy (volunteer) swimming, cooking, playing guitar, singing, community life, bridge

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Light brown/grey

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/24/18

Starting Weight: 270

Present Weight: ?

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Binge eating, sugar addiction, and psych meds. I have bipolar disorder and put on 50 lbs after I was first diagnosed and put on meds. Then another 50 out of just - well - eating and feeling sorry for myself. My father weighed 360 and I have always been heavy. Recently my knees and legs have started to hurt so that I can barely walk. My skin has broken out from rubbing against itself. And I am just feeling ugly.

Following any specific plan: Giving up most sugar, bread & potatoes, juicing Modified WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am not focusing so much on losing the weight as changing my eating habits completely. I do not have a lot of time left in life but want to live it in the best health that I can.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really grateful to have found this group and so many who are in the same boat as I am. It is a comfort.

ttugurl 12-02-2018 01:34 PM

First name: Jennifer

Geographical location: San Antonio

Marital Status: Married 6 years

Children/Ages: Abigail-3 Boy-Jacob

Pets: Dory- 11 years
Hobbies/Interests: Watching Shows

Height: 5 ft 5

Eye/Hair Color: Brown Both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec 3rd, but I've been yoyoing for awhile.

Starting Weight:260 lbs

Present Weight:260

Goal Weight:150 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss:Falling for the convienence of fast food.

Following any specific plan: Was doing weight watchers, going rogue this time.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My knee is hurting, I "feel" the weight now. I'm huffing a puffing more than normal. Health concerns.

Swanestyle 12-07-2018 08:06 PM

:carrot:

MotherHibbard 01-28-2019 06:35 PM

First name: Jodi

Geographical location: US

Children/Ages: two step kids, 7 and 8, and 1 bio child who is 2.

Pets: a lovely full blood pitbull

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking and trying out new recipes

Height:5'5''

Eye/Hair Color: blue

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:1-9-19

Starting Weight:283

Present Weight:283

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Addicted to sweets

Following any specific plan: Trying to stay at no more than 1800 calories a day for now, less as i lose weight, no sodas, no added sugar, and going to the gym 4-5 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a hard time managing my blood sugar. I'm afraid they're going to make me start taking pills or insulin, so it's time for me to shape up!

Anything else you would like to share with us:I have a habit of trying new things and getting obsessed with them for a month or two and then leaving them behind. I really dont want that to happen with my weight loss journey.

Tzabek 02-03-2019 03:23 PM

Hello everybody!
First name: Huri

Geographical location: Guadalajara, Mexico currently, but I used to live in Ithaca, NY

Marital Status: Engaged, but in a long distance relationship

Children/Ages: No kids

Occupation: I am currently in Medical School but I work as an English-Spanish interpreter

Pets: One lively husky named Mayka, she's 4 yo

Hobbies/Interests: I love languages, hockey, music, reading and learning about different cultures. Please tell me your story and background, I'd love to hear about it.

Height:5`1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown eyes, brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: High school

Starting Weight: 260 lbs
Present Weight: 245 lbs

Goal Weight: 115 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Time management! I have very little time to cook and work out with studying and work, and when I do I am too exhausted to do anything but sleep.

Following any specific plan: Not really, mostly trying to eat healthy foods and not overdo it. I am a vegetarian too.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like I need some accountability. I live by myself, my partner lives far away, I don't have time to go out and socialize. Hence my joining this forum to try to share and listen about weight loss struggles.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Thank you for reading!

bellaplease 04-17-2019 12:23 AM

First name: Ella

Geographical location: Sunny California

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: 2 sassy cats and 1 adorable puppy!

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, going to local festivals, plays, going to the beach, spending time with my new pupper

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today!

Starting Weight: 343 :(

Present Weight: 343

Goal Weight: 180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Compulsive overeating

Following any specific plan: No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm tired of being tired

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to making new friends!

ILoveCats1973 05-12-2019 12:56 PM

Geographical location: USA

Children/Ages: 1 daughter, age 21

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, and writing

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes, dark blonde hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 5/11/2019

Starting Weight: I'm not sure exactly, but I know I weigh over 400 pounds

Goal Weight: 160 pounds

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Portion control when eating

Following any specific plan: I'm trying to eat fewer calories per day, so I can lose maybe 1 - 2 pounds a week.