100 lb Club Bios

You're on Page 3 of 43
Go to
  • First name: Liz

Geographical location: West Coast

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: travelling, internetting (!), learning languages, making things

Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: TODAY!

Starting Weight: 248

Present Weight: 248 (ahem)

Goal Weight: 148 (kind of plucked out of nowhere, supposedly vaguely based on my height)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating when I'm feeling down, or have nothing particular to do.

Following any specific plan: Eating LESS! And getting better foods inside my body. And going running again.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think the realisation of what being this overweight does to my health and energy levels.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Sarah

Geographical location: London, Ontario, Canada

Marital Status: Married to the love of my life.

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 furry felines

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, Movies, Gaming

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: Grey/Brown (usually keep it dyed red though)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: It's been a lifelong struggle. Most recent attempt, August 2009.

Starting Weight: 331 (was heavier before but I don't by the exact amount)

Present Weight: 268

Goal Weight: 180 (for now will readjust later)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated, exercising

Following any specific plan: No, just lots of fresh fruit and veggies. Salad and lean meats, and whole grains

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel I am really motivated this time. I am at a place in my life where I am ready to be the best me I can be.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I think you are all great.
  • First name:Jessica

Geographical location:Central Illinois

Marital Status:Happily Single

Children/Ages: One Day, but not currently

Pets:A couple of Houseflys I haven't named yet

Hobbies/Interests:I am a baker, I love making food in general. I also love shopping (what girl doesn't).

Height:5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes, Medium brown Hair (I used to be blonde)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:June 2009

Starting Weight:265

Present Weight:248

Goal Weight:165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:My love for food and I also live by myself so there is noone but myself to push me and i am too easy to give in to the couch.

Following any specific plan: I used to be into running (was down to 185 in college, office work has not been good to me) I am going to start that up again and just start eating less calories and more good for me foods.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I am at the point where I feel like I look, I usually have high self esteem but there comes a point when at 250+ lbs you can't see past it anymore. Plus I have a big trip planned for christmas and I want to look hot on the beaches of Hawaii.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I decided that after consistantly being in a one relationship after another for the past 6 years that I am going on a no men stint til January 2010, I think it will help me focus on more on doing this for me and not to look good for some guy...
  • First name: Bonnie

Geographical location:South Carolina

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:B19-G14-G11

Pets:2 Pure white Cats

Hobbies/Interests:Sewing, Embrodering, Almost anything

Height:IDK 5.1

Eye/Hair Color:Blue- Medium Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Aug 27,2009

Starting Weight:315

Present Weight:315

Goal Weight:160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightlosshe Will to turn away food

Following any specific plan:No

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I cant motivated myself to get going ( Please help me out)

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been on the diet roller coaster for many years it has come now that I have to take tricor and am being watched to check sugar levels. I need the inspiration to get started again and someone to help me keep myself in check.
  • First name: Jessica

Geographical location: Arizona

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: dogs, cats, horses, goat

Hobbies/Interests: traveling, shopping, the beach, working out

Height: 5'9"

Eye/Hair Color:brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: June 2009

Starting Weight: 285

Present Weight: 256

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Giving in to eating unhealthy food at restaurants

Following any specific plan: Exercise and counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
    I have done it on my own this time, not because other people wanted me to. I want it for myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: The reason I am trying to lose weight right now is because I hope to join the Navy after I graduate college in about a year.
  • You know, I've been posting here for over 2 years, and I just realized that I never posted a bio. So here goes.

First name: Lyn

Geographical location: Pacific NW

Marital Status: That's a good question. Married/living apart

Children/Ages: five kids ages 4 through 19

Pets: minidog and cat

Hobbies/Interests: blogging, writing, taking pictures, reading scientific studies, getting outdoors, camping, cooking, music

Height: 5'6 (I shrank)

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown (auburnish in summer)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Aug 2007

Starting Weight: 278

Present Weight: see ticker (236 as of this posting)

Goal Weight: 168/142

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: binge eating disorder

Following any specific plan: counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I care

Anything else you would like to share with us: If you'd like to know more about me or see progress pictures, check my blog
  • First name: gloo works for now

Geographical location: northern california by way of new england

Marital Status: living in sin

Children/Ages: 15 year old stepdaughter

Pets: two hilarious rescued border collies

Hobbies/Interests: absolutely anything having to do with music. pop culture. writing. crocheting. animal rescue. laughing painfully hard.

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Eye/Hair Color: dark brown/my natural hair color? brown. but haven't seen that in YEARS. currently red.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: recommitting 11/29/09

Starting Weight: 289

Present Weight: same

Goal Weight: my ultimate goal is somewhere in the 145 range, but interim goal is to take off the 15 lbs i gained back after losing 25 back in the spring

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my own insecurities, doubts, and laziness

Following any specific plan: weight watchers-esque/calorie counting/exercising

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm tired and done with making excuses and living my life for everyone else. i'm the difference this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: i think i came to the gripping conclusion recently that i'm not a superhero. or maybe i am. but i can't single handedly save the world before i save myself.
  • First name: "Eliana"- though not really "Eliana" is my Hebrew name.

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: married ~ 1/11/11 getting divorced

Children/Ages: Two boys, 9 and 8

Pets: One little 6.5 lb Beesha-Poo

Hobbies/Interests: writing and playing/teaching flute

Height: 5'4" and a half

Eye/Hair Color: Eyes:hazel; hair brown and very curly

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/9/2009

Starting Weight: 235ish

Present Weight: 221~11/29/09; 207~1/5/10; 153~1/11/11

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not giving up

Following any specific plan: 1200 calories a day

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've never counted calories before. I've done South Beach, I've tried "eating right" (whatever that means), cutting out pop and chips, but I've never actually counted calories. I thought I knew about calories, but boy was I wrong.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
  • First name: Anne

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 2 girls, 8 and 9

Pets: 4 cats

Hobbies/Interests: Travel, Home Decorating, Activities with My Girls, Art

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Green Eyes, Brown hair - now anyway.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: New Journey Starts Today! 12/28/2009

Starting Weight: 225lbs

Present Weight: 225lbs

Goal Weight: 120lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Changing the whole family's habits and incorporating fitness into my lifestyle.

Following any specific plan: Counting calories, watching portions

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have reached the highest weight I have ever been and turned 30 all in the same year. I had health problems this year related to my weight that I am anxious to leave behind. I am ready for a new decade focused on keeping myself and my family healthy. The weight has robbed me of enough!

I am looking forward to this journey with all of you. I will pledge my support and am thankful for yours in return. Let's do this!
  • First name: Roxie

Geographical location: Michigan

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 16 month son

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: reading, knitting, World of Warcraft, cooking

Height: 5' 3"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Brown (dyed Red atm)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/9/2009, renewed vigor 2/23/2010

Starting Weight: 292

Present Weight: 270

Goal Weight: 175

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: EXERCISING...Making myself do it..

Following any specific plan: nothing specific. 1500 calories + working out

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I just turned 30. I want another child. I want to be old and see my great grandchildren!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm looking forward to being a part of this site. I can't wait to look back at a year from now and see how far I've come!
  • First name: Kris

Geographical location: Kansas City, MO

Marital Status: Divorced for almost 16 years

Children/Ages: Son - almost 25, daughter - 22. One granddaughter almost 3, 15 month old grandson and a new grandson due July 4.

Occupation: Legal Assistant; crafter; Avon; and own a (struggling) cleaning business - I'm the only employee and I only have one small account.

Pets: 3 1/2 year old yorkie (but she's moving to NC to live with my daughter and her family the end of this month)

Hobbies/Interests: Crafts, photography, scrapbooking, I paint primitive signs, sewing, GRANDCHILDREN

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/green eyes, white hair (not gray, but white - since my early 20's)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: February 25, 2010

Starting Weight: 256.5

Present Weight: 249.8

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Chocolate!

Following any specific plan: No. I am really trying to watch my portions and my carbohydrate intake. I am also not eating anything after dinner.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: 3FC!!! This is the first time I haven't "planned" to go on a diet, I just made a decision on that date that it was time to change, and I started immediately - no last hoorah. This is not a diet that I will get to go off of when I'm "done" because this needs to become my lifestyle forever. I do not want to develop all the diabetic complications that my mom has developed, and I also have a brother-in-law who is suffering from many severe diabetic complications.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I live across the street from my mother (who will be 80 in August). If I weren't living here she wouldn't be able to stay in her home. I check on her daily, cook dinner for her several nights a week, take out her trash, do her laundry, clean her house, run her errands, do her grocery shopping, etc. In addition to taking care of my mom I work a full-time job, am a new Avon rep, have a cleaning business and a craft business. Unfortunately none of my "businesses" are successful at this point.

--------------------------
    Kris
    Dancing away the pounds
    One for every 5 lbs lost.
  • First name: Erin

Geographical location: Winnipeg Manitoba

Marital Status: Not married . . . complicated is the best way to sum it up

Children/Ages: 1yr old boy

Pets: 1 Min Pin

Hobbies/Interests: Right now my interests are improving my education and getting things started to get EMR training done . . . and re-teaching myself to love exercising

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Green Naturally light brown, currently its red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Taking it seriously was last summer

Starting Weight: 248

Present Weight: 204

Goal Weight: 145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have very little support around me where I am. Letting my emotions get the better of me and defeating myself. Im also a chronic under eater, when I get stressed over emotionally overwhelmed I lose my appetite and end up not eating which Im starting to realize is a bigger problem in the weight loss battle.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Im trying my best to educate myself in terms of nutrition. And Im not doing it just for me - I have a little guy that is dependant on me for the next 17 years at least and I need to be here, be the healthiest teacher, role model and provider I can be

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am too stubborn to let this get the better of me again . . . and I love meeting new people so please feel free to chat, I'll talk about anything (its a disease I think lol)
  • Hello
    First name: Kat

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: married 16 years

Children/Ages: n/a

Pets: 10 dogs, 4 parrots, 2 miniature donkeys

Hobbies/Interests: dogs, reading, gadgets

Height: 5'7

Eye/Hair Color: green/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 4/26/10

Starting Weight: 325

Present Weight: 314

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: staying away from junk food

Following any specific plan: atkins, calorie counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: more determined, health problems

Anything else you would like to share with us: I had weight loss surgery 12 years ago and lost 200 pounds in 11 months, but have gained it all back in the last 6 years. Had to have surgery reversed as it caused blockage from band growing into wall of opening of stomach and it almost killed me.
  • First name: sam

Geographical location: Texas

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: 1 daughter-9 years old

Pets: 0

Hobbies/Interests: Running, reading, watching movies

Height:5'4''

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/2008

Starting Weight:250+

Present Weight:129

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Believing what I saw in the mirror.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting IT WORKS! AND...It's free!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It never happens until you and your body are really ready for it to happen!

Anything else you would like to share with us: The support here is great! It was great motivation, and knowing that we aren't alone is a wonderful experience.
  • First name: jan

Geographical location:Vermont

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: 2 cats: Scipio and Nellie Bly plus 9 dogs: Qiunn, Toasty, Cally, Bonnie, Cadillac, Annie, Marty, Tristan, and Keeper

Hobbies/Interests: knitting and dog rescue (hence the 9 dogs...)

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/green (depends on what I'm wearing) and my hair was dark brown but it now pretty much salt and pepper.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 2/17/2010

Starting Weight: 270

Present Weight: 239

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: the easiness of mindless eating plus the hardness of routine exercise

Following any specific plan: calorie counting and recording every meal every day.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: commitment to recording my food every day so I have to be mindful about what I'm eating

Anything else you would like to share with us: if i can do this anyone can!