Pets: 4 dogs and 5 hermit crabs

Hobbies/Interests: none, I don't have time for them

Height: 5' 6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green and Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This time? 6/11/2012

Starting Weight: 311

Present Weight: 301

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My self. I give up too easy.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My doctor is finally realizing that I need help.
  • First name: Ginger

Geographical location:Louisiana

Marital Status:Happily married 40 yrs

Children/Ages: 2 sons in 30's; twin daughters 27, 4GK: Alex 6, Gwyn4, Kier 16mo, Micheal 4 mo.

Pets: Einstien 11 mixed, Penny 6 mini dachsund

Hobbies/Interests:Gardening, Reading, Feng Shui, Spiritual, Alternative health, Reiki

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: blue, brown turned grey

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Summer Soltice june 21'12

Starting Weight:279

Present Weight:270.6

Goal Weight:140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:: Not being able to walk, have access to swimming or Gym, do cycling motion with knees. Knee, hip, and often overall joint problems. Getting under 200,

Following any specific plan:A personalized plan constantly tweaked as I learn more, Bottom line cut calories, move more.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:: This is the 1st time I had grandkids as motive, 1st time pain as a motive, 1st time being over 60,1st time I'm trying a healthy approach.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I had a major medical set back 3 yrs ago that resulted in being bedbound over a year ;wheel chair-walker now and regaining 72 pds +adding 7I’d just lost a year before.
  • First name: Jessica

Geographical location: South Carolina

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: 1 child 4 years old

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: vegan living, health food, reading, cooking

Height: 5'6''

Eye/Hair Color: Brown, Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 6/20/2011

Starting Weight: 300

Present Weight: 292

Goal Weight: 125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my tendency to overeat and binge

Following any specific plan: low calorie, whole foods,

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

I am trying to focus on whole vegan foods that I like instead of eating foods recommened by others. I really like avoding dairy and meat and making my own food from scratch
    Anything else you would like to share with us: Nothing really, I hope to meet my goal in 2-3 years, I am eating 1800 to 1600 calories a day,
  • More Motivated Than Ever
    First name: Audrey

Geographical location: near Cleveland, Ohio

Marital Status:

Married to an amazing and supportive man, Jesse, who I have been with for nine years.

Children/Ages: Noah (2 years) and Liam (just over 2 months)

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests:

I love thinking up new ways to redecorate and renovate my house, I am a self taught cake decorator, and spending time with my family.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Brunette with Brown Eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: restart April 29, 2012

Starting Weight: 266

Present Weight: 246

Goal Weight: 170

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:

Being a stay at home mom and finding time to focus on myself and still take care of two small children.

Following any specific plan:

I am following the South Beach Diet guidelines and keeping track of my food/calories using Sparkpeople

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:

My husband and I both are eating the same foods. Part of the reason why I chose SB. Also, I changed up my medications so that they will help me also with weight loss. I also have PCOS, and I am currently working with my doctor to try and make sure that my body is working the way it needs to so that I can succeed. I have felt the "I am sick of myself and my body" for a very long time. I guess this time I am just over it all. Something just clicked in my head one day, and it has just been easy this time. There was a day I was eating with my cousins (who are also obese), and one of them told me "You can't completely restrict yourself. You have to indulge occasionally." I really thought about that, and realized it was that frame of mind that had always kept me from losing weight. I would let myself indulge every once in a while, and then it would become more and more often.

Anything else you would like to share with us:

So far I have lost 20 lbs and am 7 lbs away from hitting my first mini-goal. I am so excited about that! I also made myself a sticker chart to hang on the fridge to keep a visual of what I have accomplished so far. I am happy and feel good for the first time in a very long time. I am staying focused and using some of these quotes to keep my head in check-

"Exercise to be fit, not "skinny," eat to nourish your body, and always ignore the haters, doubters, & unhealthy examples that were once feeding you. You are worth more than you realize."

"I never regret what I DIDN'T eat"

"Do not reward yourself with food, you're not a dog"

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"
  • First name: Sue

Geographical location: Longmont, CO (moving back to NJ in October, can't wait!)

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: none

Pets: Black cat Mischief (who really works at living up to her name!), Dilute tortie cat Max

Hobbies/Interests: Writing- has become more than a hobby, first novel to be published this year

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color: grey/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Got serious about it 2/25/12

Starting Weight: 252 on 2/25/12

Present Weight: 210.3

Goal Weight:135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: the smell of my neighbors' barbecue

Following any specific plan: Medifast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I had a scare with my blood pressure in December that put the fear of mortality into me. My mom's had heart attacks and TIA's and I did not want to repeat that.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've made some huge changes in my life starting last fall. I ended a 12 yr long codependent, unhealthy relationship, got serious about getting my body back where I wanted it, decided to move back to where my family and friends are, started writing again (and finished a novel, in what has turned into a series), and have had three pieces of my art used as book covers! It has been a whirlwind ride and I am having the time of my life. After a lifetime of taking care of other people and their problems, I am finally taking care of ME!
  • newbie here =)
    First name: Olga

Geographical location: NYC

Pets: none (had the most beautiful, loyal, best friend of a dog for 15 years)

Hobbies/Interests: Writing, reading, swimming, dancing, being with my friends, traveling, getting pampered, shopping

Height:5'5

Eye/Hair Color: Strawberry blonde with blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: been battling with my weight for years, taking it seriously again since June 2012

Starting Weight: 284 (6/7/12)

Present Weight: 268

Goal Weight:150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: sticking to the plan, watching everyone enjoy all the yummy things I used to, and seeing all the beach bods during summer season lol

Following any specific plan: Portion control, sticking to more of a vegetarian diet and watching my calorie intake

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I had successfully lost weight a few years ago and reached a goal weight and then certain situations in my life lead me to give up on myself and gain double what I had lost. I have been miserable since. I am tired of hating myself, not being comfortable in my own skin, and being lonely. I have finally gotten on track and stayed on track longer than a week in the past 3 years. I am suprised of myself even. I seem to be more focused and actually determined and see my success in front of me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I've made some horrible mistakes when it comes to weightloss. I got emotionally hurt and that played an unfortuante role in my weight. Instead of moving on positively, I moved on by eating and using that as therapy as opposed to owning up to my real problem. I have been unhappy for a long time, trying to cover that up by always going out and trying to forget about my lonliness and sadness. Now, I am taking responsibility for what I have gotten myself to and will succeed in getting my 'groove' back!
  • First name: Jamie

Geographical location:Montana

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:2 girls/4and6

Occupationispatcher

Pets:Many Horses mines named Clever, 2 dogs Dawg and Thumbalina

Hobbies/Interests:Art and Law Enforcement

Height:5'6

Eye/Hair Color:bro/bro

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:2008 after I had my 2nd child

Starting Weight:289ish

Present Weight:280

Goal Weight:180

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Not being motivated enough. Being a dispatcher we sit for hours not being able to move and snack all night so that didnt help either.

Following any specific plan:Will be trying lipozene, also trying my own diet of using one cup. Lost 2 pounds using only that. So its working for now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I want to be able to chase my daughters, they love to run and I cant keep up. I also want to become a deputy, cant try that if I'm over weight.
  • First name: Sonja

Geographical location: midwest USA

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: 10 yr old son, 7 yr old daughter, 28 month old son and twin 17 month old sons

Pets:

Hobbies/Interests: polymer clay, sewing, photography,

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: may 1, 2012

Starting Weight: 257.8

Present Weight:251.8

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: ankle injury that has left me with little cartalige and chronic pain.

Following any specific plan:WW

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I joined WW this time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need to lose at least 60 lbs to be considered for a new ankle, and that's what I want!
  • First name:Lisa

Geographical location:Arizona

Marital Status:Engaged

Children/Ages:0

Pets:two cats, and an adorable lab puppy

Hobbies/Interests:Movies, reading, writing, surfing the net, dancing to Zumba and blogging and hanging with my love.

Height:5'7

Eye/Hair Color:Hazel/Dark-brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:7/10/12

Starting Weight:281

Present Weight:281

Goal Weight:230

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Overcoming an eating addiction

Following any specific plan:Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the pasthis time I mean it

Anything else you would like to share with us:nope
  • Heloo
    Helloo i'm newbie here..
    i read the forums and find out ppl in here is very supportive. loosing weight is a war for me and i'm glad i found this site. hopefully i can inspire you like you guys did. here are some information about me.

First name: Niyen Lie

Geographical location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Children/Ages: nope

Pets: nope

Hobbies/Interests: listening to music, reading and watching movie

Height:5.5ft

Eye/Hair Color: black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 1 July 2012

Starting Weight: 212

Present Weight: 202.6

Goal Weight: 127

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i'm emotional dan binge eating. Love junk food soo much

Following any specific plan:

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i'm fed up being unhealthy and ugly! well, i consult to nutritionist and have support group, suppose that will help.

• First name: Gail

Geographical location: Mojave Desert, California

Marital Status: M

Children/Ages: Two sons, ages 44 and 42

Pets: Two cats, two dogs, chickens

Hobbies/Interests: Genealogy/Family History, reading, pets

Height: 5ft 2in

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/
    silver

Starting Date of Weight loss Journey: 21July2012

Starting Weight: 202

Present Weight: 186

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: Getting bored/tired of all the work involved in preparing food; feeling deprived

Following any specific plan: Eating more nutritional food and (much) less of it.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Same old, same old. I get disgusted with my appearance...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I really don't want to loose quite 100 lbs, although if I were to get to my lowest adult weight, I would need to loose 100. It just seems to me that I fit better here because I am a regainer - over and over.
  • First name: JO

Geographical location:GA

Marital Status:N/A

Children/Ages:N/A

Pets:1 Dog

Hobbies/Interests:

Height:5'9"

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 7-4-2012

Starting Weight:289

Present Weight: 280

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: controlling emotional eating

Following any specific plan: Medifast

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am 40 and done making excuses

• Old Newb
    First name: Holly

Geographical location: Arlington, VA (Washington, DC area)

Marital Status: In a Relationship

Pets: Pandora, a Great Dane with a heart of gold, and Keva, a tortie kitty that channels both good and evil at will.

Hobbies/Interests: I like road biking but I'm not doing it enough, and I love to read and play video games.

Height:5"6'

Eye/Hair Color: blue/auburn (or whatever color I feel like at the time)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Started making changes June 6th

Starting Weight: 269 on6/6/2012

Present Weight: 253

Goal Weight:165

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weight loss: portion sizes and keeping my resolve when my fiance is done losing his weight and not actively trying to lose anymore.

Following any specific plan: no

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm tired of looking in the mirror and seeing someone I don't recognize looking back. I don't feel as big as I look when I see myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love to bake and cook and I'm learning to give away more than I keep
  • First name: Elisha or Lisha

Geographical location: North of Seattle wa

Marital Status: Married for 18 years and counting

Children/Ages: 2 girls 8 and 5 and one boy in heaven who would be 10 this year.

Pets: Daisy dog and 2 Torties Cinnamon and Nutmeg

Hobbies/Interests: Sewing, Reading and craft (I love Pintrest)

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Grey blue eyes and dark auburn hair.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 27th 2012

Starting Weight: 265

Present Weight: 265

Goal Weight: 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: exercise. I am so out of shape excerise is very very hard. I am going to try walking to start.

Following any specific plan: To limit my calories to less than 1500/day. Increase my exercise levels to burn more calories and hopefully improve my weight loss. We are planning a trip in April and I want to be in shape for that.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am sick of looking fat. I am sick of getting winded easily.

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is the heaviest I have ever been. I need to do something and stay on track.
  • First name: Chris (female)

Geographical location: Houston, Texas

Marital Status: In a serious relationship

Children/Ages: NONE!!!

Occupation: Special Education Teacher (Autism/Behavior Problems)

Pets: 2 kitties, D.S. (3yrs) and Zeus (4 months)

Hobbies/Interests: Video games, running, talking about losing weight, NetFlix

Height: 5'8.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/depends on my mood, currently reddish

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 31, 2010

Starting Weight: 338, highest weight about 350, maybe more?

Present Weight: 219.8

Goal Weight: under 160

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: food addiction

Following any specific plan: modified version of The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Baby steps that are turning into lifestyle changes