Old 01-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/249/156

Height: 5'9

Default is a year too much to ask?

I'm going hardcore right now with my weightloss...I've never had this drive, and I love it. I'm wanting to lose 100 lbs in a year..Is that too much too soon? Some people when I tell them that say that I'm crazy. I spin 45 mins weights 15 mins 4 days a week..jog once a week for about 30 mins. My diet is about 1400-1600 calories a day mostly fruits, veggies and lean protein. I feel a difference but am I getting my hopes up? is there anything I can do different. thanks
blueydloyalady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #2  

Although everyone is different, I have seen people here who have lost 100 pounds or more in a year.

So, it is possible. But keep in mind that folks lose at different rates, and sometimes hit plateaus as their body adjusts, then head downward again.

It might be easier to look at short term goals along your way, and pay close attention to how much better you feel as you eat healthier, exercise and lose weight.

Look around on this site. There is so much wisdom here.

Good luck!!!
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Definitely do-able; I know because our starting stats are so similar and I lost 100 lbs in a year (barely; it went slower as I got closer to the 1 year date and I literally made the symbolic victory down to the week).

I feel an affinity with you ... you can do it! Remember that it will sound like a **** of a lot to other people, because, well of course it is, but also most people haven't lost such a large amount of weight and not dissecting your BMI, etc as intimately as you do, they may scoff at the idea that you have 100 lbs to lose (my own husband did).

I think you are on track with your calories & exercise. Your diet content sounds great, of course, the tried & true.

Eventually you might have to do slightly more cardio -- might. Not definitely. You might also have to employ plateau breakers at some or various points, starting months from now -- and if so, there's plenty of relevant info and experience to absorb on these boards.

The hardest thing, I found, is to just keep going ... also the most important thing. Everyone knows what to do , but motivation lagged for me around 2-3 months and I had to ... just keep going. And get through the lagging parts. I too lost 10 lbs the first month (and second). Then 8, then 7. Even if you get down to 3 lbs a month lost later this year, the lbs begin to make a bigger difference in your clothes, appearance, everything.

Last edited by WhitePicketFences; 01-30-2011 at 02:02 PM.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

You can lose a 100 pounds in a year, but you do it by finding a plan you can stick to every single day for a year.

I lost over 100 in a year, but there were maybe five days where I ate for pleasure, and even those five days were "on plan"--they were planned indulgences, and they certainly weren't free-for-alls. There was exactly one day when I didn't exercise, and that was the day I was too sick to move. The days around that day, where I was almost too sick to move, I still got up and limped my usual route just to stick to the principle of the thing.

It's absolutely doable. But it's not about having a perfect, super-strict plan. It's about sticking super strictly to a livable plan. I ate more than most people--1600 calories most of the time, but I started at 2200 (when I weighed 300) and dropped quickly, but I went back up to 1800 when my daily exercise reached 2 hours a days.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'9"

You can definitely lose 100 pounds in a year if you stick to your plan and are working out. I lost 100 pounds in 9 months and most of the time I was on plan, but I did give myself cheat days a couple times a month to keep me sane...Good luck with everything!
Jessica88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:14 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

I've lost 98lbs in a little less than 9 months - so YES! I started out heavier than you, though.
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 305 / ticker / 175

Height: 5' 10"

I think it's possible if you stick to a plan and keep your eyes trained on your goal. 2 pounds a week is considered a steady, healthy weight loss and is completely realistic.

I've found, thought, that you also have to keep a sense of humor about life and keep your attitude positive. Try to avoid stress and don't be so hard on yourself if you do slip. These things have been my biggest downfall when I've struggled with my weight loss in the past. Giving up when it gets hard because I let the stress overwhelm me, or I find myself being so hard on myself for slipping up that I decide I might as well quit. One bad decision doesn't mean you've screwed up forever. It's remembering that which has kept me going this time around even on the bad days. I'm only just beginning again myself, but so far it has done me a world of good this time around and I'm right there with you... planning to lose 100 pounds (actually 117 pounds) by the end of 2011.

We can do it!

Last edited by sabrinalecompte; 01-30-2011 at 02:36 PM.
sabrinalecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:58 PM   #8  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Yep you can lose 100 Lbs. in a year. I like that your plan has lots of fruits, veggies and proteins. That way you will not only lose weight but you will be healthy while doing it. Our skin, hair , nails and body are a reflection of what we are putting into it. Keep us posted on your success!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:09 PM   #9  
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

It is totally possible, I have seen others do it. Plus, if you set this goal of 100 and work hard at it, but don't make it all the way to 100, you'll still be lighter and healthier 1 year from now, right? As long as you keep things healthy and safe, setting a big goal won't hurt you. You might want to set smaller short term goals though to help keep you going through the year.

Warning about the jogging - it can get addictive, and then you'll be running, and that can get really addictive. It's a much better addiction that pizza and brownies though, I'll tell you that.
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/249/156

Height: 5'9

Ahhh thank you all for your responses and support. I really feel like I can do this! After having a bad day...we r fixing to be hit by a blizzard, and getting on here and reading your responses made my day! You all are so inspirational and I'm glad I have you guys to talk to along the way.
blueydloyalady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:49 PM   #11  
Simply Filling Technique

Thumbs up

Well, I am right there with you. I want to lose the remainder of this weight by this time next year. I keep a food log, I try to make sure that I am burning calories both by eating less but also by the types of foods that I eat; like fiber, whole foods, moderate fat, minimal or no sugar, and by movement both in exercising and being more active.

Keep posting and we can all inspire each other this coming year.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:26 AM   #12  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

100 pounds doesnt come easy.. but with your plan it sounds more then manageable. Goodluck and stay motivated, Im sure you will do amazing!
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #13  
Closet skinny chick! :)

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmead View Post
You can lose a 100 pounds in a year, but you do it by finding a plan you can stick to every single day for a year.

It's absolutely doable. But it's not about having a perfect, super-strict plan. It's about sticking super strictly to a livable plan. I ate more than most people--1600 calories most of the time, but I started at 2200 (when I weighed 300) and dropped quickly, but I went back up to 1800 when my daily exercise reached 2 hours a days.
So perfectly said, Shmead! I hope you won't mind if I add that quote to my signature to remind myself of it on a daily basis?
Chantelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Please do!
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 AM   #15  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

I lost 155 lbs in one year by doing the same thing. Sticking to a plan I could STICK TO!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote