3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Too sick to exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/224141-too-sick-exercise.html)

EvilGidget 01-30-2011 12:00 AM

Too sick to exercise!

I have been so sick for about a week and a half... and before that, my grandmother passed away. So... I haven't been to the gym since the day she died. I have bronchitis and sinuitis.... so breathing in general is very hard, much less heavy breathing due to exercise.

I want to go back to the gym... I had gotten to where I used it as a stress release and I liked it and looked forward to it!

Yesterday I went and walked on the treadmill ... just on 2.5 for 30 minutes and sweated like I was climbing mount everest.... then today I went and just did 5 minutes on the treadmill and a few weights. It seemed harder today to catch my breath... I went in the morning instead of the evening.

Anyway... on an upside... my sickness has all but turned me completely against food LOL.

My appetite is GONE. That never ever happens to me... so... I welcome it.

I have effortlessly lost 5 pounds this week lol. Wish it could just fall off like that all the time.

Not sure when I'll feel better... but I can't wait to get back to the gym and my normal life!

.... just wanted to vent a little ;)

Chantelle 01-30-2011 02:01 AM

That completely stinks - and I know exactly how you feel... I was knocked flat on my butt on Wednesday and today was the first time I had the energy to get out of bed lol. Plus I think I got the hubby sick so we both slept a total of 13 hours or so last night.. felt a little better this morning but not by much.

Huge kudos to you for going to the gym nonetheless though! I thought about it but when I got tired from walking my dog for less than 10 minutes I figured naaahhh, maybe better to rest for a while lol. It just frustrated me so much because I JUST started going to the gym on Monday, so I was able to be good for all of 2 days before this happened :( But.. down about 6lbs as well LOL, I'm so nervous to see what my scale will stabilize at once I'm actually able to eat something more than broth! :)

Take care of yourself - hope you start feeling better asap :)

Cleophas 01-30-2011 04:56 AM

I know how you feel, I've been sick enough that I can just manage work and then been collapsing. I've been eating fast junk food when I have the stomach for anything, have probably put weight on but am too ill to care. It's been three weeks of chest infections, get rid of one and another hits me the next day, can't work out, can't breathe. It'll get better, always does ;)

Asherdoodles87 01-30-2011 08:46 AM

I know how you are feeling too. Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat, and then I got a head ache. I went to bed last night about 7:30 P.M. and woke up this morning with a runny nose, cough, head ache, and a low fever. The scale is also up 3lbs which is weird since I have been completely on plan. I hope we both start feeling better. :)