3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Funny weight loss annoyances (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/223852-funny-weight-loss-annoyances.html)

Eliana 01-27-2011 10:25 AM

Funny weight loss annoyances

I know this has been done before, but so has everything else. :p So if you want to add some funny little weight loss annoyances, just for fun, please do. ;)

At the gym, whenever my buddy comes up to talk to me I drop my head phones (the old-fashioned kind, not ear buds) down around my neck. This has never been a problem before but here lately as I run they bounce on my collar bones and it hurts! I can't keep them there anymore. That pad of fat was apparently good for something! :D

sept15lija 01-27-2011 10:30 AM

My DH & I like to play wrestle once in a while. Well, I used to be able to kind of hold my own when I weighed 60 pounds more than him, but now I have no chance in heck, and that ticks me off!! :lol:

goodforme 01-27-2011 10:38 AM

All my shoes are too big! This is supposed to be a good thing, right? Well, I wear an 11W, and they are too wide. Still can't fit an 11 regular or a 10W, so I'm stuck sloshing around in my shoes for a couple more months.

And why my feet not my belly? If someone could put in a word with the weight loss gods, please? :D

Eliana 01-27-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodforme (Post 3678538)
All my shoes are too big! This is supposed to be a good thing, right? Well, I wear an 11W, and they are too wide. Still can't fit an 11 regular or a 10W, so I'm stuck sloshing around in my shoes for a couple more months.

And why my feet not my belly? If someone could put in a word with the weight loss gods, please? :D

I've always had this problem! LOL! Yes, why the feet and FINGERS?! At 235 my feet had finally widened to almost normal, and now I'm back to AAAA narrow. :rolleyes: I really don't care how thin my feet are. My finger was a 5 at my high weight and now we're down 4.25. If only my belly were that petite!

calluna 01-27-2011 10:49 AM

The feeling that clothes usually just don't...quite...fit...perfectly. Either they're just a little snug or you're hitching them up all the time! Upon reaching goal, I will take great satisfaction in consistent fit again.

JoJoJo2 01-27-2011 10:52 AM

I am cold. Very cold. And it is wintertime in Wyoming. :( That nice layer of fat I used to have kept me much more comfy in the winter weather.

No, I don't want it back.

HadEnough 01-27-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoJo2 (Post 3678578)
I am cold. Very cold. And it is wintertime in Wyoming. :( That nice layer of fat I used to have kept me much more comfy in the winter weather.

No, I don't want it back.

Jo, are you really 84? You go girl!

I am cold all the time now too.

seagirl 01-27-2011 11:04 AM

my favorite lululemon groove pants are getting too big!

LindseyLou 01-27-2011 11:21 AM

I'm always cold. I miss that layer of fat....nahhhhh, I'll just throw on a sweatshirt! ;)

AZ Sunrises 01-27-2011 12:27 PM

Cold...in AZ...at 73 degrees in the house.

Pacifica Bee 01-27-2011 01:21 PM

I am a side sleeper, and now my knees knock together and its uncomfortable and pokey. I've started having to sleep on my tummy. Also, I keep banging various bones with my husband (which sounds naughty but that is totally NOT what I was getting at. Just now anyway lol). And finally, droopy-drawers underpants. I have bought new sets of undies twice already. The size I am in now still stays up at my waist just fine, but it the butt area is all sorts of saggy. I refuse to buy a size smaller yet though.

Also, I fifth the cold thing. Being cold SUCKS especially when I was used to being hot ALL the time.

Tryllianne 01-27-2011 01:29 PM

I'm cold all the time too. And my rings are too big. I'm waiting to have them resized because I want to lose more weight. My necklaces that hung correctly around my fat neck now droop too low. I had a bunch of really nice 2X clothes that I really, really liked but I had to give them all away. My large relatives descended on my Bins O'Too Big Clothes like a pack of starving hyenas and now whenever we have a party, I'm freaked out because everyone (well, all the women) are wearing my clothes. :-) And the worst part is NO ONE wants to hear me complain about ANY problem related to losing weight.

Tai 01-27-2011 01:29 PM

The cold thing year round. Even when it's nearly 100 degrees I have to wear a sweater when I go into a store.

Also, when I go to the movies by the time it's over my backside is so sore. I lost my padding back there!

Pacifica Bee, some side sleepers who have lost a lot use a pillow between their knees so they don't knock together.

Arctic Mama 01-27-2011 02:04 PM

I am one of those pillow-between-the-knees girls, but I did that even at my high weight, it's much easier on my lower back and pelvis and I get out of alignment less frequently that way.

I HATE being between sizes! My pants are either too loose (and look dumb and baggy) or I get muffin top. Grr....

AZ Sunrises 01-27-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacifica Bee (Post 3678868)
And finally, droopy-drawers underpants. I have bought new sets of undies twice already. The size I am in now still stays up at my waist just fine, but it the butt area is all sorts of saggy. I refuse to buy a size smaller yet though.

Have you considered thongs? Since there's no real butt, they can't sag. :)

:o I know...280 lb chick suggesting thongs. I wear 'em. Laugh away. It's less material for my @$$ to eat. :D :D :D

rachael 01-27-2011 03:59 PM

Man, my bones are poking out uncomfortably, too. The knees knobbing together during sleep and my tailbone/butt area all the TIME when sitting. Even on cushions!

XLMuffnTop 01-27-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZ Sunrises (Post 3679050)
:o I know...280 lb chick suggesting thongs. I wear 'em. Laugh away. It's less material for my @$$ to eat. :D :D :D

OK, that made my laugh out loud. I can't wear thongs though; I always feel like it's rubbin me raw in places that ought not be raw. :o

I haven't lost nearly as much weight as you ladies however, I was wearing my biggest pair of pants earlier this week (were snug earlier this month) and was running down the hall with my hands full for a meeting. I had to set everything down and hike up my pants in a not-so-ladylike way before I sat down or I would have had serious plumbers butt going on. I'm sure the VP in the room was questioning my sanity. It was kinda comical in a "what the crap?!?" kinda way.

AZ Sunrises 01-27-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XLMuffnTop (Post 3679236)
OK, that made my laugh out loud. I can't wear thongs though; I always feel like it's rubbin me raw in places that ought not be raw. :o

I haven't lost nearly as much weight as you ladies however, I was wearing my biggest pair of pants earlier this week (were snug earlier this month) and was running down the hall with my hands full for a meeting. I had to set everything down and hike up my pants in a not-so-ladylike way before I sat down or I would have had serious plumbers butt going on. I'm sure the VP in the room was questioning my sanity. It was kinda comical in a "what the crap?!?" kinda way.

Have you tried the 100% cotton ones with the elastic wrapped by the fabric? Those don't rub.

XLMuffnTop 01-27-2011 04:46 PM

No. I'd hate to spend money on them if they didn't work out. And I sure wouldn't be bold enough to return something that's been lodged between my cheeks!

Besides, my husband would wonder where the heck the rest of my undies were! He (and I) prefers me in boy short style underwear; he likes the way it hugs my butt. :) Way more than you probably wanted to know but there ya go! :D

kittycarlson 01-27-2011 04:48 PM

Some times when I'm talking and I gesture with my hands my ring flys off. LOL I've put it in a drawer for safe keeping The last time I put it in a drawer they had gotten too tight.

EagleRiverDee 01-27-2011 05:39 PM

I paid to have my wedding band made larger- and now I have to wear it on my middle finger because I lost weight in '10. I'm still glad I lost a bit of weight, though.

KenzideRhae 01-27-2011 05:53 PM

My mom got me a ring for my Sweet Sixteen and it was too small at the time -- now it's too big! Glad I never got it resized or it would be even bigger. I've also noticed I bruise more easily than I used to. I'm a bit of a klutz and things hurt more without the extra padding!

eclipse 01-27-2011 06:18 PM

This is the coldest winter I've had, ever. Also, the knee thing. The inside of knees are suddenly concave, and they're driving me crazy. I was also really excited about 60 lbs or so ago when I could wear my wedding ring again - and now it's too big and hanging out in my jewelry box.

JOLINA 01-27-2011 06:29 PM

I can't sit at the computer very long. My skinnier butt is the problem.
I am constantly shifting my weight around, trying to get comfortable.
It's the 25+ pounds I lost last year.
It's driving me batty.

:crazy:

Nikki6kidsmom 01-27-2011 08:02 PM

I am freezing all the stinking time. I recently started going to the tanning bed to get warm.

And too many choices in clothes. I can buy clothes in every store after having only the places with plus size department to choose from since I was a teen it's alittle overwhelming.

krampus 01-27-2011 08:09 PM

My butt is gone. From the back the effect is "keyhole" - you can see between my thighs. I don't mind and neither does my boyfriend, but it looks pretty weird. Sitting can be painful now too.

The most annoying thing of course is how desperately my mind and body wants to sabotage itself. Who knew the last 10-15 pounds would be SO hard?!

NorthernExposure 01-27-2011 08:46 PM

Another cold vote here. Are skinny people always this cold?! I have to wear long johns to work on the coldest days because I just can't stand the drafts going up my pant legs! I really hope I won't have to wear sweatshirts all summer, lol.

Same thing with the rings. DH and I both just recently went in to get them re-sized.

And of course we can't forget to mention always having to buy a new wardrobe every few months!

Nikki6kidsmom 01-27-2011 08:57 PM

Oh my hair went to crap. I recently just jumped in and had it cut in a short funky hair style. I have spent so much money on vitamins, conditioning treatments, shine treatments, high end shampoos/conditioners. I swear my hair thrived on french fries and potato chips.

This could be a combo of hormones and drastic diet change. Because I started my journey right after having my 6th child. But this short funky hair fits my active busy lifestyle. Sexiness and femininity is NOT measured by hair length. I can go from my sweaty workout clothes and tennis shoes to a sexy dress and heels in a matter of an hour I love that!

ubergirl 01-27-2011 10:49 PM

Not having enough clothes. I wore size 3x for almost twenty years. Now, I'm rebuilding a wardrobe from scratch. And DITTO about not knowing where to shop. I'm used to the plus size department where the choices are few. Now I feel totally overwhelmed. And also my butt bones grind in the bathtub. I'm not as cold as I was before though. My body seems to have readjusted.

time2lose 01-28-2011 08:28 AM

Just the being cold bit but that is so much better than being hot all the time. :)

Eliana 01-28-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 3679709)
My butt is gone. From the back the effect is "keyhole" - you can see between my thighs. I don't mind and neither does my boyfriend, but it looks pretty weird. Sitting can be painful now too.

Oh, that's the look I want! LOL! I think. :dizzy: If I'm picturing it right. But my thighs will never be narrow enough for that, I'm pretty sure. They never were.

Eliana 01-28-2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubergirl (Post 3679998)
Not having enough clothes. I wore size 3x for almost twenty years. Now, I'm rebuilding a wardrobe from scratch. And DITTO about not knowing where to shop. I'm used to the plus size department where the choices are few. Now I feel totally overwhelmed. And also my butt bones grind in the bathtub. I'm not as cold as I was before though. My body seems to have readjusted.

Yeah, me too on the whole post.

As for cold, I was freezing all Summer and couldn't go into a grocery store without a sweater. Now that Winter's here, it's hard to tell, but I think I'm just cold like a normal person. I think my body temperature has regulated itself. We keep the house at 67 degrees, though, so I may have forced myself into dealing with it. I don't know. But I'm pretty happy with my thermostat. :D I'm just thankful not to be over heated all the time now.

SouthLake 01-28-2011 11:51 AM

Losing weight in some places and not others.

I lost almost 4 inches off my waist, and nothing off my hips. Those were fun pants to wear. Still somewhat tight at the hips but loos enough at the waist that you could see a visible gap between my body and my pants.

Or, I lost weight from the top portion of my stomach... but then my lower "gut" got bigger. It was like my fat was literally melting...

Eliana 01-28-2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthLake (Post 3680871)
Losing weight in some places and not others.

I lost almost 4 inches off my waist, and nothing off my hips. Those were fun pants to wear. Still somewhat tight at the hips but loos enough at the waist that you could see a visible gap between my body and my pants.

Or, I lost weight from the top portion of my stomach... but then my lower "gut" got bigger. It was like my fat was literally melting...

Yes!! Right now I have no hips, which makes my stomach look big and makes pants harder to fit. I'm a temporary apple, sort of...not really. But that will change.