Old 01-31-2011, 05:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Cool Day 10

So, today was actually pretty great.
I woke up and exercised for 1 hour and 10 minutes (because my mom was at school).
My weigh in came to 274. Hoping to be 269/270 by next week. I don't think that's asking too much. I just have to stay dedicated. I have to stay home tomorrow anyways since I haven't been to the doctors yet for my possible contagious rash on my fingers, so I'll be able to exercise again. =]
I realized... I love exercise. When I can't exercise, I miss it. <3 My son just randomly came up beside me today and started exercising with me. It was only for a minute or so (he has a small attention span; he's 3), but it made me feel like I'm influencing him to be healthy. He eats what I eat, so he isn't eating much unhealthy stuff anyways.

Anyways, just updating. Haven't done that in a while.
I will update again tomorrow.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #17  

Default Lost Count of Days

Wow... Haven't updated in a while. My internet just got turned back on a day or so ago. (Had got turned off the morning right after my last post... :[ )

Sooooo.. Update news : Reached 269 lbs on the 6th. I can't actually believe I'm out of the 270s. I'm sure it'll kick in once I get to the low 260s. I've exercised all but 2 days this week. Tuesday and Yesterday (Friday). But I am most definitely planning to exercise today and tomorrow. I have changed my workout dvd from Leslie Sansone's 2 Mile Brisk Walk DVD to her 3 Mile Bootcamp DVD. Then, however, my neighbors (who live below me) were complaining to the landlord about my jumping on their ceiling (I was really jogging, but w/e). So I have changed my DVD from the bootcamp dvd, to a dance workout dvd by Madonna Grimes. I think it's like, African,.... or something like that. I don't know. It kicks my butt though. It does a lot of twirls, and I almost hurt my ankle a couple of times. I'm so uncoordinated.

I have been eating terribly, so I don't know how I reached the 260s. I have been slacking on water, but today so far I have had 6 cups. Planning to drink 6 more.

I have been updating my weight loss and stuff on Sparkteens.com recently.

Ummmm... That's it... I will update my measurements next time I get on here (most likely tomorrow).

Will probably do an official weigh in tomorrow as well. Hope everyone is doing great on your weight loss!

Until next time.....
-Alyssa
Old 02-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #18  

Default Bad Day

Alternatives to self harm.... Anyone know any?....... It's a better reaction to stress than eating, but is still bodily harming.... Help me out...

No exercise today.. Ate OK.

Nothin' else to say.. Not in the typing mood.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #19  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Exercising (if you can) even when you don't feel like it.

Meditation (seriously).

Hang in there.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:42 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox View Post
Exercising (if you can) even when you don't feel like it.

Meditation (seriously).

Hang in there.
Thanks.
I'll try anything at this point... It can only help.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:58 PM   #21  

Unhappy Crazy Depressed..

Does anyone know the home school guidelines in Virginia or how I can find them?

I am 17, and turn 18 two months after schools starting month here (September). I am going to be a senior in high school this year.

I am looking into homeschooling my son for about a school year or two. He is supposed to start school this fall, but I do not like the zone school in my area. It's like, super ghetto (we lived in a lower income area because my mom got laid off about 2 years ago and still hasn't landed a job), and all the kids like to do is fight and argue (Even at young ages... I know this because I have a little brother who is in the first grade.). I'm not even talking about tiny fighting (such as pushing or light hitting), I'm talking about more than one kid jumping other little kids, kids picking up sticks, bottles, and rocks at bus stops to beat up kids with. The school doesn't care and the bus driver doesn't say a word. I don't want that environment for my son. He shouldn't have to grow up in all that drama and stress. I don't want him to develop into one of these lowlifes that I go to school with who sit in the bathrooms during class time and get high.

What are the rates for private schools typically? If he can't be home schooled, I can get a job and use it for his private schooling (You're allowed to leave school to go to work as a 12th grader in my state. It's almost like a class, since you get a credit for it.)

I'm just looking for some alternatives before I go into suicidal depression mode. I killed myself once through overdose... but someone dumb called the ambulance and I was (I don't know the real word for it) revived. Then I was in a coma and then after I came out of being comatose I was sent to a psychiatric facility. If I go back, they will undoubtedly take my son away from me...

As for how I have a son..... Rape... And we'll leave it at that...

But please guys... Can you help me out? I would like to know the fair price range for private school and the guidelines for homeschool in virginia or how to find them.

Thanks...
Old 02-15-2011, 05:22 PM   #22  
Knocking down walls.

Hi again!

I thought of a book that might help you with how you're feeling, it's Feeling Good by David D. Burns, MD. Not a cure-all, but it might really help you. It's helped me (for whatever that's worth). The newest paperback edition relatively cheap, and your local public library might have it or be be able to get a copy through Inter-Library Loan, if you request it.

I did a Google search for "homeschooling in Virginia", and some promising links turned up. The first one was http://www.vahomeschoolers.org/, which looks like it might be a good place to start.

Private school tuition varies hugely, from probably about $2000/year to so much you'd think you were paying for your son to go to college. If the private schools in your area have websites, check them out to see if tuition and fee schedules are listed. Even if you can't find a private school in your price range, it may be worth calling the school up, explaining your situation, and seeing if they're willing to work with you regarding reduced tuition or a payment plan that works for you. Religious schools in particular may be willing to work with you, although there's no guarantee of that.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:20 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Have you talked to an adult in your life about everything that is going on? It sounds like your home life is really tumultuous and if you have the added responsibility of a young child, you should probably talk to a counselor.

Why does your son have to start school this year if he is only 3? Also, you probably qualify for scholarships and financial aid for private schools.
rachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #24  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I was also wondering why your son would need to start school in the fall if he's only 3?

It does sound like your home life is pretty tough right now.

The following is coming from someone who has kids older than you!

I would recommend, you stay in school, get your diploma, find a college with family housing and go to college. You would qualify for all kinds of aid, and there are usually facilities for the children as well.

Without a college education, it's going to be tough for you to break the cycle.

It can be done! Hang in there.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theox View Post
Hi again!

I thought of a book that might help you with how you're feeling, it's Feeling Good by David D. Burns, MD. Not a cure-all, but it might really help you. It's helped me (for whatever that's worth). The newest paperback edition relatively cheap, and your local public library might have it or be be able to get a copy through Inter-Library Loan, if you request it.

I did a Google search for "homeschooling in Virginia", and some promising links turned up. The first one was http://www.vahomeschoolers.org/, which looks like it might be a good place to start.

Private school tuition varies hugely, from probably about $2000/year to so much you'd think you were paying for your son to go to college. If the private schools in your area have websites, check them out to see if tuition and fee schedules are listed. Even if you can't find a private school in your price range, it may be worth calling the school up, explaining your situation, and seeing if they're willing to work with you regarding reduced tuition or a payment plan that works for you. Religious schools in particular may be willing to work with you, although there's no guarantee of that.
Thank you so much! I'm definitely going to look up that book on Amazon. And thanks for the homeschool link. I am checking it out right now. After I posted this, I googled private schools in my area, and the lowest I could find as about $10,000 per school year. Do I have to be 18 to sign him up for private school?
Thanks again! =]
Old 02-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
I was also wondering why your son would need to start school in the fall if he's only 3?

It does sound like your home life is pretty tough right now.

The following is coming from someone who has kids older than you!

I would recommend, you stay in school, get your diploma, find a college with family housing and go to college. You would qualify for all kinds of aid, and there are usually facilities for the children as well.

Without a college education, it's going to be tough for you to break the cycle.
By time the school year starts he'll be 4. I'd like him to start off with preschool, versus kindergarten.

I would never even contemplate dropping out of school. I don't appreciate you assuming that I might. I would not consider NOT going to college. Just because I'm a teenage mother doesn't mean that I slack in the education area of my life. This was about my son's education. Not mine. I already know what I should do as far as myself.
There is no cycle to be broken... So as far as that... I don't even know what you're talking about.

Thanks for your input.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachael View Post
Have you talked to an adult in your life about everything that is going on? It sounds like your home life is really tumultuous and if you have the added responsibility of a young child, you should probably talk to a counselor.

Why does your son have to start school this year if he is only 3? Also, you probably qualify for scholarships and financial aid for private schools.
By time the school year starts, he will be 4. I'd like him to start at 4.

I used to have a counselor, but she quit because I never talked to her about my personal life. I don't feel that talking to someone who gets paid to sit and listen is necessary. If someone I'm talking to hasn't been through what I have, then I don't really care to share. The difference between telling someone on a forum and telling someone in my actual life is that the people on the forum can't suggest foster care, or call CPS, or make us get a case worker, or have people from social services questioning my family. They meddle a little excessively.

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:50 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

For potential job opportunities while in high school, most government agencies have a student program. Here is a link for a lot of different places.

http://www.students.gov/STUGOVWebApp...peration=topic

Not only does it pay now, it is good experience for future jobs, scholarships for college, a reliable job while going to school (no layoffs) and usually a job offer after finishing college.

Some government buildings have day-care on site or close by.
Most agencies offer free public transportation vouchers.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:03 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
For potential job opportunities while in high school, most government agencies have a student program. Here is a link for a lot of different places.

http://www.students.gov/STUGOVWebApp...peration=topic

Not only does it pay now, it is good experience for future jobs, scholarships for college, a reliable job while going to school (no layoffs) and usually a job offer after finishing college.

Some government buildings have day-care on site or close by.
Most agencies offer free public transportation vouchers.
Thanks so much for this!! =]
Old 02-19-2011, 11:14 AM   #30  
Knocking down walls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssarof2012 View Post
After I posted this, I googled private schools in my area, and the lowest I could find as about $10,000 per school year. Do I have to be 18 to sign him up for private school?
$10,000 may be the going rate in your area. Surely some of those places offer financial aid to accepted applicants? If you haven't already, you might also consider going through the listings in your local phonebook (or its online equivalent) for both private schools and pre-schools to see if there are any that your previous search didn't pull up. If you haven't already looked into private pre-schools, it may be worthwhile - from what I understand they're often cheaper than schools that also serve students in higher grades, although they don't all operate 5 days a week.

I don't know whether you'd have to be 18 or not to sign the papers. I would guess that if you're the person who's legally responsible for him, you would be the person to sign the papers. That would be a good question to ask the schools if you go this route.

Last edited by theox; 02-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.