Made me feel so good about myself

• I do dog rescue, so I see my vet about 2-4 times a month at least. The last few months my vet and some of the techs have been saying things like, you look nice today, did you change your hair?, you're dressed up, blue looks good on you...things like that. Well, yesterday, I walk in and started talking about what's going on with a senior dog and my vet stops me and says, let's talk about what's going on with you first! I say, what?, I've lost a bunch of weight. He then said, well you look wonderful and look 20 years younger. I'm 40, so I said I guess I look 20 then, huh? We laughed. So, we get thru the appointment and he says, I hate to bring it up again, but I can't get over how HEALTHY you look! Your eyes, your hair, your skin, your skin is glowing and it all looks so healthy. Then the vet tech and the vet's wife, who works the office, all chimed in and agreed. He asked why I decided to lose weight after all this time, and I said because I was sick and tired of being fat. Then his wife asked how I did it and I went into a little of the details of calorie counting, clean eating and a little exercise. I walked out of that office on a cloud, I felt so happy! They are the first people, besides my immediate family, who have said anything about my weight loss! My good freind, who is just a little heavy, has only said one thing, that you can really tell I've lost weight in my face...that's it, no congrats or asking how I did it or nothing. It's sad, but I think she's either jealous or intimidated by my weight loss. Oh well. Can't bring me down today! Who'd a thunk a comment about me looking healthy would make me so happy? Lol
  • I love love love that the compliment was you look HEALTHY.
    That is absolutely fantastic, good for you!!!
  • Save this in a journal or somewhere that you can come back to it whenever you're feeling down or challenged. That is WONDERFUL!! You must be so proud of yourself - you've done GREAT!! Stay the course and don't mind your friend - some just take a bit longer to come around, feel envious and then feel guilty about it, but deep down I don't think they want you to fail.

GREAT JOB!!
  • Positive comments are great they are the consequences of your hard work, keep it up.
  • Awesome!!!
  • Wonderful compliments. You're awesome!
  • what a nice feeling!!
  • Oh, good for you! Moments like that are priceless.
  • AWESOME!
    What wonderful compliments from the vet and staff. Hold on to the good feeling... you deserve it!!!
  • That's wonderful!!!
  • Awww, that is so awesome! What a wonderful way to start your day!! As for your friend, clearly she has to be jealous and/or intimidated. How on earth could you not notice such a significant weight loss?!?!? GOOD for you!!
  • That's great!

What a nice way to finish out a week.
  • Your Success is a Great Inspiration
    Thank you for your persistence and sharing your journey!
  • Thanks y'all!
  • That rules!