3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Weighing myself on the wii yesterday was not good (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/222955-weighing-myself-wii-yesterday-not-good.html)

brenbray06 01-19-2011 01:28 PM

Weighing myself on the wii yesterday was not good

Our good scale isn't working quite right and I like the fact that the wii will record your weight (of course I have my password blocked). So I got on it yesterday after a 2 year hiatus and my little mii said UH OH you have GAINED 20lbs. UGH!! I wanted to throw that wii remote right at her smug little face. ;)

I had previously taken weight loss drugs and lost those twenty lbs 2 years ago but the medication made my nuts so I quit taking it.

It was depressing to see that gain even though I KNEW I had gained it was harder when it smacked me right in the face. However, it was also a great motivator and I know why I am getting out there to walk my 15 miles a WEEK. I am going to lose weight the RIGHT way for me and that is by changing what I eat and being active.

ToriLeigh 01-19-2011 01:32 PM

I'm sorry the Wii was mean, I hate it when mine groans. But pretty soon it will be telling you how much you lost, so much better to see.

Lnoelparis 01-19-2011 03:06 PM

UGH! Weighing on the Wii can really bring me down. I detest the two little comments...."OH!" as I get on and "UH-OH, Thats obese!" when I am weighing on it! Phooey!

Sorry to hear about your gain though! You seem to have the right motivation! 15 miles a day? WOW! I can barely do 15 minutes a day! LOL...

Eliana 01-19-2011 03:07 PM

Yeah, the Wii is a bit dramatic. ;) I'm ok with it as an adult but I wish it registered to treat kids differently than adults.

The dang thing told my very thin 9 year old he was overweight and he was devastated! It turned out he'd GROWN and we needed to adjust his height.

Trazey34 01-19-2011 03:55 PM

UGH!! I wanted to throw that wii remote right at her smug little face.

hahah i love that line! she IS super smug!!!! but it's nice to hear when you lose yay!!

ps. is it wrong that i don't mind losing at the Tennis because i love how my little guy bends over and **sigh**s hahah it cracks me up!

brenbray06 01-19-2011 03:58 PM

OOPS that was supposed to read 15 miles a WEEK not a day. I did 6.4 today and I am ready to collapse. 15 miles in a day and I would be laying on the ground waiting for someone to come get me..

duckyyellowfeet 01-19-2011 04:20 PM

I hate that stupid little "OH!" noise the board makes when you step onto it. I don't feel like my electronics should make me feel bad for using them.

This is why I don't have a wii fit and only record my weight on my parents when I want to :)

OhMyDogs 01-19-2011 04:26 PM

LMAO I seriously thought I was the only person who had a hate on for that "Oh" when you step on! Now I just turn off the volume on my TV because mostly I only use the Wii for the running laps, for which I have my MP3 player on anyway!

Evil little piece of plastic!

duckyyellowfeet 01-19-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhMyDogs (Post 3663291)
LMAO I seriously thought I was the only person who had a hate on for that "Oh" when you step on! !

No way! My family likes to play on the WII fit when we're all hanging out at my parent's house. As a family, we yell back at the board ;)

My dad's reaction is typically the best, as he has lost like 50lbs this year. So it pisses him off that it STILL "Ohs" at him

lisanovak 01-20-2011 10:07 AM

LMAO!! My husband and I were just talking about that last night! I have been doing it for a couple of weeks now, and he just started. He was so funny the first time he got on it....he looked at me and said WTF?? Really, it moans like that? I was cracking up. Now I am much heavier than him, and he gets mad at it when I get on and it says I am obese. He is such a sweetie!