3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Biggest Loser BS! *Spoiler Alert!* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/222894-biggest-loser-bs-%2Aspoiler-alert-%2A.html)

doinit200 01-18-2011 09:43 PM

Biggest Loser BS! *Spoiler Alert!*

Anyone else watching BL? This show has been annoying me all night. Two things stick out as most obnoxious comments so far.

1. That Hollywood doctor who looks full of plastic surgery and fake reality drama. Says to a girl that to maintain her 100 lbs weight loss she will have to workout 90 mins a day, 6 days a week for the rest of her life to maintain. Then goes on to tell her that if she isn't willing to commit to that right now she might as well give up. WHAT! Very discouraging, exaggerated advice from an "expert".

2.Bob tells that very young girl from the teal team that he also grimaced when he saw her 6LB LOSS! 'Well she is a really big girl and she worked hard this week'

WOW BL is so motivating, I think I'm going to give up now BAER (big *** eye roll)

lottie63 01-18-2011 09:52 PM

I hate that show.

PinkHoodie 01-18-2011 09:52 PM

This season for me has been one of the WORST yet...

JessLess 01-18-2011 10:05 PM

I won't watch. I don't think it's healthy.

shcirerf 01-18-2011 10:14 PM

It's a TV show. If you don't like it change the channel.

I will be making Curtis Stone's poached pear dessert!

BoopRN 01-18-2011 10:24 PM

1. That girl was 56% body fat, I think that it will be a struggle to keep it off for her as much as anyone else. 6 days a week may be discouraging but it kinda make sense to keep it off for good. But not to the extent to give up altogether and let yourself go again, its not all or none!

2. For that girl to loose only 6lbs on biggest looser is great, at least she didn't gain weight like the twins did.

ncuneo 01-18-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

It's a TV show. If you don't like it change the channel
Ditto. And while yes, saying that she needs to commit to 90 mins 6xs a week for the rest of her life or quit isn't very helpful, the concept is. The concept being that if you're not willing to change to your lifestyle and commit to diet and exercise long term you will likely regain weight loss. The earlier this is accepted the better. And obviously many BL contestants don't accept it because I think the stat is something like 60% of BL contestants regain most if not all of their weight.

Trazey34 01-18-2011 11:30 PM

i hate jillian so i can't watch it anymore. A great Canadian show is "Village on a Diet" about a whole community getting involved in fitness and eating better, it's really very fun and motivating! it's on CBC, not sure if you can watch it online in the U.S. or not?

GonnaTurnHeads 01-18-2011 11:36 PM

Eek!! Please put SPOILER ALERT on the title of the threads - out here on the west coast - the episode is just starting and some of us don't want to know what happens!! :)

girlonfire 01-19-2011 12:02 AM

Curtis Stone is one sexy, sexy man though...I don't watch it but sometimes it is on at the gym and I couldn't help but notice he is a stone cold fox!

FitGirlyGirl 01-19-2011 12:10 AM

mmmhmm, that man can take over my kitchen any day!

c_laura 01-19-2011 12:11 AM

I used to love the BL but now...I can't stand it makes me angry just watching so I stopped. It wasn't the trainers or the fake looking doctor but the fact that season after season the editing made the cast out to be horrible human beings and then in the last two weeks tried to make them likable...it was painful to watch.

Sadly, unless you get the CBC as a channel, you can't get Village on a Diet in the US...I've tried. If anyone has had better luck then me I'd love to hear about it.

twinmommaplusone 01-19-2011 09:10 AM

how is the doctor fake looking? he is still ugly as shiz, lmao. Just sayin.

time2lose 01-19-2011 09:42 AM

While I have concerns about BL, I have to say that I enjoy watching it. I had the exact same two concerns that you did.

1- I know that the doctor wanted to encourage her to lose weight but disliked the all or nothing approach. If she loses half of her body fat and maintains her loss, she will be in better shape than she is now.

2 - I think that Bob's concern was that she would fall below the yellow line. I have heard him say many times that losing 3 or 4 pounds a week at home is great. They do mention some times that you should not expect the same results at home.

scarletmeshell 01-19-2011 10:44 AM

Ok, so what was up with those twins? How can you even gain weight there?