3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Can I do P90X at this weight? Has anyone tried it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/222714-can-i-do-p90x-weight-has-anyone-tried.html)

gagirl1 01-17-2011 11:17 AM

Can I do P90X at this weight? Has anyone tried it?

I want to try the P90X program but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do it effectively due to my weight (280's) an I was wondering if anyone out there has tried it. I'd love to know what your results were.

Gamecockgrrl 01-17-2011 11:22 AM

Haven't tried it, but several people at my work have. They are in great shape anyway, and one guy came to work and couldn't lift his arm above chest level...lol And all of them said they had difficulty completing the first couple of workouts. It is a kick but work out. I think as long as you accept to do as much of it as you can and stick with it, go for it. But realize there are people who have been working out for years that can't get through it. I think if it was me I'd build up to it.

PaulaM 01-17-2011 12:30 PM

My hairdresser told me she pulled her back badly. She is 26 and in perfect shape, works out all the time etc. I would proceed very carefully ...

gagirl1 01-17-2011 12:41 PM

Thanks gamecock and Paula. I had back surgery almost 11 years ago and while I haven't had any problems since then it is always my biggest fear. I have the Slim in 6 program that I've done for just a couple of weeks at a time with good results so I think I'll start with that. My friend has P90X so if I do decide to try it I won't have to invest the money, I'll try her's first.

Thanks again.

JayEll 01-17-2011 12:46 PM

I don't understand why at your size you would want to do PX90. Why not try something less brutal to begin with? Just walking a mile can be pretty challenging sometimes.

Good luck!
Jay

Shytowngal 01-17-2011 12:50 PM

You may want to start with the 30 day Shred. It is VERY challenging, but is made for people of all sizes and fitness levels. I can barely walk after the first couple days of it.

A lot of people here have started with the 30 day shred and then graduated to P90X.

aasshhlleeyy 01-17-2011 01:15 PM

i was wondering the same thing and many of the girls who answered told me that they started when they were very out of shape you can modify the workouts to fit you until your ready to do exactly what they do

Essa415 01-17-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shytowngal (Post 3658439)
You may want to start with the 30 day Shred. It is VERY challenging, but is made for people of all sizes and fitness levels. I can barely walk after the first couple days of it.

A lot of people here have started with the 30 day shred and then graduated to P90X.

I was about to give this very same advice!!

FitGirlyGirl 01-17-2011 06:34 PM

My plan is SI6 (maybe starting next week), P90X (maybe 2 rounds), followed by Insanity. We already have all 3 of them. I have 30 day shred too, I may have to decide on a way to put it into the plan as well.

TooManyDimples 01-17-2011 06:47 PM

I tried to do it a couple years ago when I was probably around 250 to 260. Yeah.... I sold it on ebay after about 2 weeks. =) I couldn't do it, but that doesn't mean you wont be able to. I would also suggest starting out with something smaller. 30 Day Shred is a good idea.

ThinningVegan 01-17-2011 07:34 PM

Yes you can do it. You might not be able to do it as fast or for as long as they do in the videos, but the beauty about beachbody videos is you can keep improving as you use them.

I love P90X and Insanity because they are challenging and it makes me feel good to get up there and do as much as I can even at the weight I am.

I am currently doing Insanity right now with Shaun T. and my husband is doing P90X. It's true that they are geared towards those already in shape, but there is no reason that if you stretch properly and take it at your own pace that you couldn't do it too!

Plus, you are BOUND to be sore after doing it because you're going to be working muscles and body parts you probably haven't used in a very long time if ever. I like that sore though. It's like I earned it! :carrot:

aasshhlleeyy 01-17-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThinningVegan (Post 3659240)
Yes you can do it. You might not be able to do it as fast or for as long as they do in the videos, but the beauty about beachbody videos is you can keep improving as you use them.

I love P90X and Insanity because they are challenging and it makes me feel good to get up there and do as much as I can even at the weight I am.

I am currently doing Insanity right now with Shaun T. and my husband is doing P90X. It's true that they are geared towards those already in shape, but there is no reason that if you stretch properly and take it at your own pace that you couldn't do it too!

Plus, you are BOUND to be sore after doing it because you're going to be working muscles and body parts you probably haven't used in a very long time if ever. I like that sore though. It's like I earned it! :carrot:

I so have to agree with you! People think Im crazy but if you work your booty off lol and aren't even the least bit sore the next day I am not happy... I wnt to feel something.

annieoh 01-17-2011 08:13 PM

Modify, modify, modify. I use the weight exercises with P90X and do my own cardio program on cardio days.

I started at around 320 pounds.

mdchick88 01-17-2011 08:20 PM

I couldn't do it at 220, but that's not to say that you couldn't at your weight. My opinion is that p90x is more for toning, and I too would suggest 30DS. I plan on doing p90 again once I get within 15 pounds of goal, but not yet. But that being said, I have known a couple of girls that have done it at 250-ish and have seen pretty good results. I would try it (if you know anyone with it) since it's pretty expensive, to see if it's for you.

Gale02 01-18-2011 11:43 AM

I borrowed it from a friend and it's sitting on my shelf because I just don't think I can do it. I also don't want to have to install a chin up bar in my house! :P I'll probably give it back until I'm in better shape and do other things until then.