Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #16  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Wow I have experienced the football player scenario and the ride one! One one ride I went with my kids, my son got on it and the bar could not get down over me. I said I am not getting off with all of these people watching because I am too fat so I worked with the guy to squeeze it down over me. For the whole two minutes of so on that ride, I couldn't breathe. I had to hold my breathe in the whole time and when the ride stopped, I was crying. It was awful. Another time I was hearing football announcments because a game was starting and my hubby was watching tv. They announced the weight of one of the players at 243 pounds. Well I was almost 300 pounds and remember how motified I was when I realized I was heavier than the guy who tackles other players. It was the worst feeling in the world! Shortly after that I started exercising and eating right.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:00 AM   #17  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Mine began April of last year. We started infertility treatments, and I was determined to have a baby. My Dr kept mentioning it to me that weight loss would help with my PCOS. I started South Beach and got pregnant after 6 years of trying the next month. I miscarried in July, and it fueled me to lose even more weight. Then around October, I started to struggle, and have been for awhile. I'm determined though to get back to the gym this week, and start making better food choices.
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:48 AM   #18  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

I got married in August. It all hit me the next couple of weeks after the wedding. There were several things that happened.

1. We went to pigeon forge, TN for our honeymoon. We went to ride on this ride that the hubby wanted to get on. You have to be under 250 pounds. I argued with him i didnt want to get on it, after he talked me into it, i decided i would go. Hoping i was under 250. Well they had a scale right there for everyone to see. I stepped on it, it read 256. I almost cried in public. She still let me on the ride, but at that point the husband, the ticket person, and the people in line knew my weight. My day was ruined.

2. when i went to get my name changed, the lady looked at me and says, i dont think your weight is right that we have on record. I asked her what it said, and she told me 167. I had to tell her 256 with a million people standing behind me at the dmv. Almost 100 pounds gained since the day i met my hubby. I sat in my car and cried before i drove home. I got my tem copy of my drivers license right then, my face looked every bit of 256.

3. I had pictures tagged of me on Facebook from the wedding and they were horrible. i thought i looked beautiful but from the side i looked so...whats the word...HUGE! I had no idea i actually looked like that.

4. We had a wishes jar at the wedding. When i got back from the honeymoon i read them. One sick @-hole thought it would be funny to write "go have fat sex" on the card. I think that was the one that blew me over the top.

So I cant really tell you WHICH exact one made me decide to start it back up, i think it was a combination of all of them, which happened within a 2 week time span. I hit my limit of fat jokes and public mortification.
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #19  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

After spending this summer alone in California while my hubby and kids were on the east coast, I had done some soul searching and learned to put myself first. As 2010 came to a close, I had gained back about 5 of the 10lbs I lost in CA.

I decided this year would be my yoga home-practice time - to start training to become a yoga teacher. I want/need to be in good physical shape for that.

And finally - if all goes as planned with school, I will be graduating this May. This will be the biggest academic day of my life - of anyone in my family's life, too. I have come so far, from so many personal struggles - I want to look and feel the best I possibly can. So I'm serious about it. I've changed my whole way of life to succeed.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #20  
= ]

S/C/G: 350/280/150

Height: 5'4"

I think a combination of my sister moving away and hitting an all time high are what have prompted me to get serious. My dad is diabetic as well, so I'm at risk for becoming diabetic. Quite frankly, we're amazed that I'm not diabetic yet.

But this is something that I'm finally doing for myself, not because someone asked me, not because someone complimented on how gross I look, but because I made the decision. Living a healthier life is going to be worth the effort.
Rhapsodysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:03 AM   #21  
gym bunny

S/C/G: 210/168/140

Height: 5ft 6

Cutie, my jaw dropped when I read your story. That someone would write that to you on your wedding is unreal. I am sorry, but I would have killed someone. Im sure you were a beautiful bride; we are always our worst critics.

My motivation actually started right before christmas last year when I saw some picutes and completly didnt realize how enormous i had gotten. I didnt even look like me, it was very trumatic, as I weighed myself and realized I was 210 pounds, 60 pounds up from when I started college 5 years ago. I lost about 20 pounds and just lost motivation, but I didnt gain back, so this new years I decided to start back where I started and reach my goal of getting down to my 150 self by june.
nickyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #22  
It's about time

S/C/G: 300/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieCourt View Post
4. We had a wishes jar at the wedding. When i got back from the honeymoon i read them. One sick @-hole thought it would be funny to write "go have fat sex" on the card. I think that was the one that blew me over the top.
What a horrible, horrible thing to do. This makes me so angry just reading about it.
ParadiseFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 278.8/278.8/175

Height: 5'6

For me it's simply a matter of not letting it control my whole life. I am so tired of not being able to do things because of my weight or making excuses because of my weight. I just want for one time in my life not for it to consume me. I want to be able to go swimming and not getted all stressed out about putting on a bathing suit. I want to play outside with my daughter for more then 5 minutes. Simply put I just WANT so much more out of life and this time i will make it happen.
Leec37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #24  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

No real turning point this time. Just time to get back at it.

The "OMG!" moment happened in 1998, when I had to get a grip and figure out what was wrong. Turned out it was PCOS and hypothyroid.

Since then different things have been on the "front burner," so to speak. Like TTC and pregnancy. I feel like this has always at least been on the stove though.

Only now it's back on the front burner!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I think it's just time for me. I feel like it's time to get healthy and enjoy myself, and be able to be active with my two kids....also having a daughter now is a big part of my feeling - I know I will be her role model, and I don't want her to struggle the way I did throughout my childhood with weight. I missed out on a lot.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:09 PM   #26  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Didn't have a turning point this time, still can't believe that. Had always had a reason or date to do it for before, but this time I just decided to give it a go. Gym was offering a trial membership and I thought, what did I have to lose, and never looked back...
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #27  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I did not really have a lightning bolt moment. There had been many of those in the 20 years since I had gained 100 lbs; incidents that "should" have motivated me but hadn't.

Somehow, approaching age 50 got my attention. I'd always been able to say that I may be fat but I was healthy. My medical numbers were all good and I'd never noticed any problems doing anything physical I wanted to do. But now those numbers were starting to creep up and I realized that one of the reasons I hadn't noticed any physical limitations is I didn't DO many physical things.

So at age 49.5, I reviewed in my mind everything I knew that worked for me the few times I had lost weight and what things hadn't, developed a plan for myself and decided to stick with the plan to see if I could lose 100 lbs.

Funny that my quiet determination triumphed over so many "grand launches" of diet and exercise programs.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #28  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieCourt View Post
Cutie that is so mean! What is wrong with people? If you ever find out who wrote that- you hold them down and I will beat the crap out of them!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:28 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 250/195/150

The past year has made me a gramma. Twice. Two gorgeous granddaughters I want to be around to enjoy for a good long time.

I'm not taking the chance my weight will cut my time with them short.

I'm 50. Time to win this battle once and for all!
Charms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 254/245.5/141

Height: 5'3

For me, the short and sweet of it was that I hit rock bottom.

When I graduated from high school, I was at what I thought was my heaviest - 247. Throughout my past 2.5 years of college, I weighed in under that and used it as an excuse to continue living unhealthily.

What did it for me was two-fold.
1. My father told me no one would ever fall in love with me because of the way I looked.
2. I hit 254 and my fat jeans hurt to squeeze into.

I realized after Jan. 1 that I was throwing my life away and I needed to gain control. So I'm hoping to go into my senior year of college with a bang!
clurrrburrr is offline   Reply With Quote