Too lazy to peel an orange? Really??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Have to laugh at myself sometimes. I have substituted my daily fruit snack every day this week for something I could grab faster out of the fridge or cupboard (I work from home). I was thinking that it was cravings for something higher calorie. Today I realized it was because peeling the oranges was more effort than slicing up an apple or pear or peeling a banana. These were the first oranges I bought this season.

Today I bit the bullet and actually peeled one of the oranges. It was lovely. Took less than a minute to peel. I'm really regretting the extra calories I ate now that I realize why I was avoiding the oranges.
  • lol I am neurotic about oranges and grapefruit. First of all I always have some cut on my hand that burns and no absolutely no white skin stuff can be on it. NONE I tell ya. So it takes me forever to peel it but it's so worth it.
  • That's one of the reasons I like Little Cutie Clementines - easy to peel and not a lot of the white left on the sections.

Oranges are also a good fruit to eat because it keeps my hands busy so it last longer and slows down my eating.
  • Haha! I can't stand peeling oranges. Way too much work for me, and way too much mess! I am lazy and neurotic, seriously. It's clementines around here, baby.
  • Quote: That's one of the reasons I like Little Cutie Clementines - easy to peel and not a lot of the white left on the sections.
    I am addicted to clemintines, I literally have a "tree" of them by my desk (see attached pic).

I use the peeling part as a way to keep my hands busy while doing something i would otherwise snack on bad things while doing, like watching TV. I like working for my fruit sometimes.

• I enjoy one or two clementines a day. They are so sweet - yum.

I was in major withdrawal this fall when they were not in stock at my local grocery.

I'm having one now!!
  • I'm another 2 clementines a day girl. They are my "candy" and they practically peel themselves. I love love love those things!
  • alrighty I am convinced!!! Tomorrow to the store I go for clemtines.
  • The clementines here (TX) are lousy this year. Not half as sweet as they usually are: just bland. The naval oranges are excellent, though.
  • I love (love!) clementines/mandarins so much!
    A tip though for those orange peeling haters - cut your orange in 4 segments and eat it like you would a melon. So quick and easy, and less messy
  • I hate peeling oranges too, so I don't! They slice up easier than an apple, I think. You don't have to cut out the seeds.

I don't know why I don't eat oranges more often. Sometimes you really get a good one.
  • The Earth Fare near my apartment building sells little boxes of pre-sliced oranges. It's awesome. Delicious fruit without the mess of peeling.
  • I'm a peeling hater altho I'll peel a clementine bec they are fairly easy. For oranges or grapefruit I cut both ends off, cut the peel off, then slice into 6 sections, removing seeds as I go.

I realized as I was typing it out that my routine for oranges and grapefruit sounds like far more work than peeling !! :-)
  • I hate peeling my oranges too... I second slicing up the oranges... that is what i do... it takes 1/2 second to peel the slices before you eat it... Yummmm.... I love oranges!
  • Speaking of oranges...(I am a QVC junkie) has anybody tried Cushman's oranges. Apparently they are a cross between tangerines and grapefruit. They are suppose to be super sweet and very juicy. I think they are grown in fla and the only place I have seen them are on tv.