Old 01-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #91  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

sperrin - I will give weekly updates on the belly dancing! It should be a lot of fun, plus we have a great group or ladies in class. Those classes sound intense, but awesome!

Leebird - I know Jillian Michaels is a love it or hate it kinda lady. I think she has commercialized herself to a point where she is no longer taken seriously.

Well I weighed in at 254.8 this morning and that means a 4.2 lb loss and 1.62% body weight for the first week of my challenge! Man if I could lose this amount every week I would be SET! I know i am not the biggest loser this week, but there are 11 more weeks for me to kick butt!

I need some serious modivation, I feel like I am making lots of excuses as why I am not exercising and need to just do it!! I have 3 months to work on myself for my short term goal then have to continue from there. I know once I start working hard I will get results, but Starting seems to be my main issue these past few months...
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:21 AM   #92  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Tori - I came here just to post on that!! Dang salt - i feel like it's conspiring against me! I better just stop having it

Essa- WTG on the loss! That's huge!

So if I can stay away from the salty snacks, I just might post a loss this week - and that would be great! Other than that - it's been an ok week, in the SNOW SNOW SNOW, and ready to move on.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks girls! I appreciate the love. Wed I was at 250.8...just about there. I was sooooo good. Then, Thurs., the next day....256.6! WTH??? So today, I am at 254.8. I just do not get it. I am on Weight Watchers. Fruit and most veggies are "free". So, I have been having fruit and yogurt for breakfest. Clementines for snack or a Nature Valley bar. Salad for luch. So, by dinner I have used maybe 10-15 points. I get 38 a day. Wed night my hubby made soft tacos for dinner. It was a flour tortilla, beans, ground beef, cheese and salsa. Not the best, but still w/in my daily points. A 6 pound gain?!?!?!?!? Plus, I have been doing about 45 min of WII Fit a night with my hubby cheering me on. I have been in the SAME range for months. WAHHHHHHHHH!!! Okay, enough!

Essa - WTG! I am proud of you. Plus you inspired me to belly dance. I requested a belly dance DVD from my library to try it out, along with the 30 day shread. I will say that Jillian scares me a bit! She could kick most guys butts!

sperrin1 - Planks are NO ONES friend!

leebird - When you get a chance, will you and your sis come on over and do my floor and fridg?????

zoritsa - Glad you are back!

ToriLeigh - Salt is no good! Water, water, water! Hang in there girl!

Bunti - You got any left overs to send my way??? YUMMMMMY!
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #94  

Morning ladies. Tomorrow is weigh in day, trying not to fixate, and trying to get the nerve to take the full recommended measurements. Don't know why that is so hard for me, but tomorrow come heck or high water, I will do it.

Lisa, I would be frustrated too.

I am doing the weightwatchers and feeling full and using most of my points every day. Not losing fast, but feel like this is a way of eating I can live with for life. My day looks like: scrambled eggs (2) with salsa for breakfast, string cheese and a fruit for snack. salad with a little protein for lunch. fruit in the afternoon (two-ish) Also I keep fruit around to eat if co-workers are having other stuff. For dinner I start with a salad or a 1 or 2 point soup, and then have a "normal" dinner. I measure carefully, as I know my idea of portions is a little skewed. I keep raw vegies around too. And sugarless gum. So far I haven't used all my weekly points, in fact only once have I used more than 10 of them. I have switched to small plates as well, got some really cool ones, and it feels good to use them.

And I can't weigh each day or I will stress over every little thing. So it is once a week for me. (and that has been hard to learn-- as I get close to goal I will go back to daily weighing)

Essa- I used to belly dance many years ago (when I had much less belly, lol) I just loved it then, lots of fun and terrific exercise.

Hello everyone else, we can do this!!!
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:27 PM   #95  

I just started WW up this week. Now I'm a bit nervous. I feel like it's letting me eat too much. KWIM?

Oh well, I started at 260.8 on Wednesday (was 258 on Tuesday) and hit back to 258.5 on Thursday. This morning was down to 257.4 and TOM started.

Hoping I flush my body and have a good weigh in for Sunday!
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:46 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I feel the pain when it comes to motivation for exercise. I knew I should have done something today but just could not get motivated for the life of me. I kept making excuses all day and now it's nearly dinnertime! We can do it though! I still want to try to sneak in a little bit of weights or something this evening then go full tilt tomorrow after a good night's rest.

My scale was at 249-250 this morning and has been 250 throughout the day so despite my laziness with exercise I'm happy to see progress. I just know it would come so much quicker if I got up and exercised! We should make a challenge for it.
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Riesz You are right there! And I love your idea of changelling each other to exercise.

On that note, I have been a slug all day. Just really run down and tired the past two days. Tomorrow is weigh in and after the tears I WILL do my C25K and maybe even some Wii fit to boot.

What is everyone else's exercise plan for the weekend?

ShylahEQ TOM is just around my corner. May be why I am so tired? Hope your Sunday wi is Awesome.

Bunti You are doing excellent on your food choices. Rub some of that off on me please!

Lisa It sounds like you are doing everything right. Maybe try something really different exercise or food wise for a few days and see if that shakes you lose from the range you're stuck in.

The 240s are running from us. guess we'll all have to chase them down!
Kelleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #98  
The cake is a lie

S/C/G: 268/237.2/150

Height: 5'5"

255 today I have been really good with my diet, staying between 1200-1400 calories a day. I am hoping it is just water.

Tonight I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, about 20 minutes on weights focusing mainly on my arms, and about 10 minutes of abs and stretching.

I am making myself crazy with excessive weighing so my husband "disposed" of our scale. I am just going to use the one at the YMCA on Sunday mornings from now on.
sperrin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:58 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

I am still a member of this club but am getting close to leaving! This morning I weighed in at 252. The 240's are calling my name and I'm very excited about getting there, because just over 1/2way though, I will hit a loss of 100 pounds. Is is just symbolic, because I still have a long way to go, but yet very, exciting!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:15 PM   #100  

Small loss this week, just under 2 pounds. I'm liking this slow and steady progress without feeling deprived.
Did my measurements this morning (ouch!!!) and will start tracking them too, now.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

Hey everyone! I'm yesterday and today I weighed in at 249 or a little below, depending on the time of day, so I'm finally out of the 250s! It feels fantastic.

Now I'm gonna get serious about this exercise thing. I can conquer it! Hoorah!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #102  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

This morning - 255.8 - halfway there!

Riesz - congrats! You're outta here!

Everyone else - keep on trucking!!
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #103  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

augh. Today I woke up and I REALLY wanted to be 254. I was so sad I wasn't. But...I went back and looked at my weight loss tracker and realized it's only been 5 days since I hit 255. lol. I'm not sure why I was so upset. Man, sometimes I gotta just tell myself to give me a break. :P
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:44 PM   #104  

Lottie I get your impatience, I struggle with it too. I am fighting to keep myself from weighing every day, but I know for me that is the way of becoming even more frustrated. Its hard when we are working hard and want results NOW! lol.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 264/260.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Well, I'm stuck at 254... I guess I should change my ticker back, but I refuse to let those pounds stay. I'm not quite ready to really cut calories yet as I'm still establishing the whole breastfeeding thing, but I'm going to start the zumba dvd's that I borrowed from my mom today, so we'll see if that will kick something into gear.
ToriLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote