Back

• In September I started a job that made my life insane. First I had no time for exercise or to come here and then slowly my food choices got worse and worse. I was temporary at the job with every expectation of being hired permanently. I knew after a few weeks that I didn't really want the job, but since what I was doing was teaching a 5th grade class, I didn't feel as if it was right for me to just give up on them (especially as they had already had a horrible start to their year before I got there). In the middle of December I found out the principal had decided to put someone else in that room. I cried my eyes out because I know she is a bad choice and these kids don't deserve that. However, she is a friend of the principal and there is nothing I can do about it. On the bright side, I am now free of the insane, stress filled job. However, I discovered a couple days ago, when I got on the scale that I had been neglecting, that the stress job for a few months plus the holidays have given me back over 20 pounds. That's ok, I've lost them before and I can do it again.

So, to make a long story not very short at all, I'm here now and that's all I'm going to concentrate on. I've been back on track again for 2 days so far and I'm going to stay that way. I haven't gotten back to workouts yet because I also allowed myself to get back on the caffeine habit, so kicking it again has given me terrible headaches. I'm hoping to be working out tomorrow. My food choices have been better though and I have already lost 1.2 pounds.
  • Welcome back!!
    Fantastic attitude that you've lost the 20 before and you can do it again. You absolutely can do it again, and even more!!
    Stay positive, stay focused and you'll do great
  • Welcome back, FitGirlyGirl ----

Sounds like you are just coming out of some pretty stressful times. I am impressed by your attitude to just jump right back up on the horse and keep on track. I bet you get rid of those new pounds in a real hurry --- and that they take a few friends with them.
  • Welcome back!! Sorry to hear that someone inappropriate was placed in the classroom, but at least you're free from the stress! See you around!
  • Welcome Back!! You'll lose those 20# in a flash.

Thank you for being a caring educator.
  • Heya, welcome back!

I had regained 28 lbs of the 40 I lost, I just broke through that barrier today! (41 lbs lost total!) and it only took since oct 19th.....it's a piece of cake! (a low fat one) :P
  • WELCOME BACK!!!! I am back as well from my ...er.... Hiatus - yes that is what I call it!

I too have a stressful job, well I am actually working 2 fulltime jobs right now, it's really NUTS plus I have a family, but I relazied that not matter what I have to put eating properly (I count calories) and DAILY excercise as part of my daily life - PERIOD.

So here's to us and all of us starting again!
  • Welcome Back, Fitgirlygirl! Life definitely can set up some roadblocks, and its good to see that you are going around it. It looks like you definitely can lose those 20 because you have already done a FANTASTIC job! Good luck!

Summerblue - Hiatus..... I LOVE that word! We are about the same weight, so I can understand that... Good LUCK!