Old 01-05-2011, 12:59 AM   #31  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

ummmm.

apparently VITAMIN C is my problem with my stomach. I haven't taken it the last two days, I've been fine.

I took it tonight and not too long after my stomach got huge.

No more of that!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chickies... yesterday was a healthy day (that's four) I am so, so grateful. My plan took many twists and turns during the day - but, I was flexible when I needed it. I was able to use my resist food techniques when I needed to. Grateful for that!

I stayed within my plan, drank alot of water, did a few minutes of exericse, wrote down everything I ate, was willing to reach out, ate seated only, had no seconds, and more. This is good.

I went to the eye doctor and have a new rx for glasses. That will make the world clearer. YAY

Today is a doctor appointment, helping my mom with her dead battery and working on my latest story.

Lottie - I am so glad you found out about vitamin c and how it's effecting your tummy. Glad you had a good discussion ith the doc.

Purplefirefly - credit for going to bed instead of eating!!! That's great. Good food plan. I do buy clothes while losing - mostly because, I am trying not to put my life on hold until the weight is off. Yes - I'll give myself a bit of time before addressing my ticker. That feels good.

Bunti - GREAT idea to put together your meals in advance. You are setting yourself for success.

Noel - yes, good idea to make drinking water a priority!

Slashnl/diane - YAY - two days and spin class (ouch). This is great.

MJ - so glad you are finally feeling better. I LOVE the crockpot. Hope all your 'stuff' goes well.

dgrammie - food good and moving... YAY. You are doing it.

ruslana - I am trying to reduce carbs too!

jab - good job walking awway from soda and snackies!!!

dragonwoman - glad you stayed with your plan - carry on!

Have a great day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-05-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

I can empathize with the wanting to eat at night. That is a major weakness for me. I eat dinner and it just seems to turn on this large CRAVE button that I have to struggle to ignore. I try to keep busy both my mind and my hands... a lot of times I end up at the other end of the house away from the kitchen on the computer.

Lottie~ that is good news about the stomach. I wonder if it's not so much the vitamin C but a filler used in that particular brand. I often see ppl who can take one brand of generic drug over another made by a different manufacturer.

I packed myself brown rice and veggies for lunch, off to work. I hope everyone has a great day OP!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday was a struggle but I survived it. I was in a snacky mode. I hate the snacky mode.
Got my dvd done and even a few min on the minitramp.

It amazes me how fast i lose the bloated feeling and how quickly my rings get lose again. Scales are inching down.

food is planned and dinner will include lots of veggies!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:34 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

First day back to school for my kids, but my son needs to stay home (pink eye, both eyes). I will be glad to have the days to myself again, but I liked having them here all the time as well. I mostly liked not having to get up early

Lottie -- So glad you discovered the vitamin C problem!

Beverly -- Awesome work getting back on track!

jab -- Night eating is one of my biggest obstacles to overcome this year, but I am determined to do it

dgramie -- Snacky mode is the worst, but I am proud you got through it successfully.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:18 AM   #36  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

augh, so annoying, it may be a filler, I know they are gluten free at least. either way, whatever happened to my stomach was short lived. By the time I got off the comp I was fine, so I don't think that was my main problem.

I work today. I got called in yesterday, boooo! ha. oh well, more $$$. heh.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:59 AM   #37  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/251.2/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Well, I have to admit I didn't go to the gym today. My hamstring was really sore, so I decided that I'll go walk at lunch, but I'll give it a rest so that Spin class tomorrow doesn't kill me.

Other than that, I'm doing well keeping on plan. Was tempted to go off today and have a fast food breakfast, but I stopped myself. Whew!

Last Noel: Good goals! Hope you have a good walk.

Bunti: That is a tough one sometimes, to stop beating ourselves up after a holiday of bad choices. Hang in there!

Purplefirefly: Maybe spend part of it now and then save the rest? I know, kind of a wishy-washy response, but at least you get to have something new now that you can enjoy.

Jab: Tough to break the cola habit, isn’t it? I had trouble with that!

Lottie: Wow, who would have thought that Vitamin C would do that?

Beverly: Glad you had a good day! I’m needing new glasses, so I am jealous!

Dgramie: Good for you, having lots of veggies!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #38  
Getting started

S/C/G: 260/tricker/159

Height: 5' 7''

Hello,

BIG BIG fan of accountability here. Or in other words someone with very limited self control. lol

Anyway, my food goal for January is to eat 1500 kcal/day on average. What I noticed so far from my first month of calorie counting and control in December was that when I aim at 1500 I tend to end up with 200-300 kcal more on average/day. I am planning to include here my daily calorie values for January if I may and am curious to see where that will leave me at the end of the month.

Happy accountability to all!

01- 2049
02- 1699
03- 1610
04- 1407
05- 1521
06- 1550
07- 1463
08- 1415
09- 1409
10- 1326
11- 1326
12- 1382
13- 1449
14- 1435
15- 1295
16- 1382
17- 1408
18- 1450
19- 1486
20- 1383
21- 1369
22- 1304
23- 1358
24- 1605 - oops, back to work, can you tell?
25- 1347
26- 1478
27- 1417

Last edited by Lizz; 01-27-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Lizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:54 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Long day, but busy keeps my mind off of food...lol

Today's choices totaled 1360 calories

tea w/sweetener
water
cream of wheat w/sweetener

brown rice w/ mixed veggies
splash of olive oil and seasoning
water

tomato soup w/ spinach & navy beans tossed in
small pc of baked salmon
water

I put skinless chicken and veggies in the crockpot so in the morning I will be able to pack some up for my lunch at work.

Have a good night!!!!!!!!!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #40  

Hi Chicks - yesterday was a good day (5).... I am so, so grateful. I stayed with my plan. I roasted some veggies for the week and switched up my nonstarchy veggie soup with left over brown rice and some white beans.

Also - I did:
meditation
no seconds, ate seated only
left a bite on the plate
lots of water
stretches and strengthening
wrote in journal - also logged my food
tried to slow down eating - I really need to work on this.

jab - I agree - business does help in the extra eating department. Hooray for the crockpot. Good job staying away from the kitchen at night. I struggle often with this. That's when I think of the Five D's: Distraction, Drink lots of water, Distance self from that food, Deep breathing (very helpful) and Destroy it. (better in the trash than in you.

lizz - so glad you posted. Posting your daily totals is a good guideline

slash/diane - I hope that hamstring calms down. Rest it the best you can. Good job staying OP.

purpleff - it's nice to have some quiet time when the children are at school. It's a great time to work on yourself.

dgrmmie - hooray for getting through that snacky stuff and staying OP. - also doing your dvd. Yes, I agree - a few days of healthy eating does help get the bloaty feeling going away.

lottie - hope work went well and you are feeling ok.

Hi MJ.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-06-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:15 AM   #41  

Height: 5'7"

lottie- please keep me updated on the bipolar study. My hubby has it and is a tough case. Meds just seem to have soooo many side effects. Winter is a calm time for him.

jab- i need to use my crockpot more often. It would be so nice to have my meat waiting for me at the end of the day of kids.I run an inhome daycare but have a hard time finding time to start dinner.

bev- would you share your soup recipe?

liz- its amazing how much posting your plan can help!

purple- you asked about buying clothes while losing weight...i shop thrift stores to get good deals on clothing that I dont plan to wear long. New clothes always give you a lift!!

slash- hope your feeling better!

snow in our forcast...im tired of winter!!
I really need to go and spend a day or so with my dd. She is 31 wks pregnant and has just moved into a bigger house and still has lots of unpacking to do. She has always been a stick but has gained 17lbs with the pregnacy and said to me...Gosh mom no wonder you feel better when you lose weight...this weight really slows you down.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:35 AM   #42  

Drgmmie - my soup was literally what I had in the house. I kind of used a WW no points soup recipe as my inspiration. (even though I am not doing WW) However, mine is a bit different. Important thing is to use lower starch veggies.

onion - chopped
celery - chopped
carrots - chopped
some sweet red pepper - chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced
can of green beans - drained and rinsed
can of spinach - well drained
quart of lite chicken broth
bay leaf
1/2 t ground thyme
1 t (? - a few shakes) oregano
a few shakes of pepper
a few shakes of garlic powder
t. evoo
(I may have put in a little Worsteshire Sause)

soften onions, carrots, and celery with evoo and a little water. Add the broth and everything else. Simmer an hour or more. Serve with 2 t. parm cheese (25 calories) The cheese really is good in this.

Yesterday I added 1/2 cooked white beans and 1/4 cooked brown rice, with the soup and parm. cheese. That was good.

This weekend I am going to make it with these veggies I have around: celery, carrots, onions, mushrooms, brocolli, parsnips, spinach, zuccinii and maybe cabbage. I am going to spice it with the bay leaf, basil and oregano.

I think an small can of tomatoes added to the soup would be a wonderful addition! Lately, eating alot of tomatoes give me indigestion. So I left it out.

I've been trying to get more veggies in.(at least 6 exchanges) So, I've been eating veggies as a morning snack. So I've been having a cup of this soup a few times.

I think you could put any veggie that you like.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-06-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I am having one of those days were nothing goes right. I feel like it should be bedtime and it is not even 11AM, I feel a headache coming on, and since I haven't had a moment to eat anything I am having urges to just run and get fast food...only part of the headache is I cannot find my bank card, so I can't go get a darn thing, that might be the only good thing right now but it is annoying me, too.

The only good thing is I stepped on the scale for my daily weigh in and I have hit my weekly goal...now if I can just keep it there until Saturday for official weigh in and moving the ticker.

I am a stress eater, so I am scared to eat right now. I don't want to lose this sense of control I have had all week. Scary position, but I am determined to make it through.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #44  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi! I'm here!!!! Oh goodness....things at work have been just horrible...my staff who are normally awesome are just falling apart at the seams....no one is doing their job, or taking responsibility, lots of finger pointing, gossip......UGH, the joys of being a manager! LOL!!! I literally have to do disciplinary action with every member of my staff. So draining.

Food choices and water have been good. I did not get to the gym last night since I was stuck at work so late. Good news is, my new zumba class starts tonight and I am VERY excited about it!

K, I have to run...I'll check back and get caught up just as soon as I possibly can.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #45  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/251.2/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone. Hamstring is much better. I think the one day of rest was good, but I also had trouble with food all day. I think that working out makes me feel like staying on plan. Why work that hard only to ruin it with bad eating? Ha! I went to spin class today. It was one that was really hard, but I made it through. I liked in that I could look back and say that it was a GREAT work out. But it was hard! Hopefully that will keep me on plan with food today. Body Pump tomorrow.

PurpleFireFly: Hang in there. Days like that are so difficult. It doesn't take much to resort to our old, bad habits! I hope your afternoon is better!

Beverly: Good to see you having success with some good on plan days!

dgramie: Yep, I'm with you. Tired of winter. We're not having snow, but just some cold days. Ick.

Jab: Gotta love a crock pot!

Lizz: Welcome! Hope you have a great year!

Have a great day everyone!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote