3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 100 lb. Club

Old 01-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #151

Height: 5'5"

just a quick post. Did well yesterday.

Today watch food intake and walk during my lunch break...also need to push water...even if IF I have to run to the bathroom every 10 mins!!!

10 lbs in 10 weeks!
Goal date: 7/10/2017

upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #152

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Just a quick catch up since I haven't posted in a couple days, it's been a lot of stress but I have managed to stay within my calorie limit so I am relieved about that !!!! I think we have all adjusted to the shock of losing Cody (daughter's dog) and the crying is subsiding.

Turned out all my kids ( ages 18, 21, 22) were here today , their dad showed up too...lol. I made everybody nachos... I had salad with leftover chicken on top and we visited for a bit. Did my oldest daughter's taxes, doing the other daughter's taxes tomorrow.

I have my fingers crossed all the mechanical issues are done for a bit. Had planned on running errands today but the snow this morning was nasty. My arthritis is bad when we are in single digits so it's hard to be overly enthusiastic about much in this weather.

I hope everyone is blessed with a great day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight 289, lowest ever weight 172

jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:10 PM   #153

did pretty good today...climbed the stairs instead of walking...it's way too cold!

10 lbs in 10 weeks!

Old 01-23-2011, 07:45 AM   #154
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone! zumba kicked my booty yesterday!! I didn't get enough sleep the night before, forgot to eat breakfast, and my knee was a little sore....yea, not the greatest workout....BUT I was there and it was better than sitting on the couch!

Today is my lazy day and I am soooooooooo looking forward to it! I am making some homemade beef and barley soup w/ lots of veggies. It's a new recipe and I can't wait to try it.

I need to drink LOTS of water today. Food choices weren't the greatest yesterday, but could have been worse.

Stay warm everyone!

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going...the road to success is never an easy one. Stay strong and focused on your journey.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #155

Height: 5'7"

hubby and I went out for mexican yesterday. We limited our chips and left food on our plates. I am proud of us!! Hubby lost 6lbs this past week and I lost a lousy lb. But its a loss none the less!!
I just looked out the window and saw thats its snowing again.....IM so sick of snow and cold!!!! We are suppost to be taking the day off from exercise but Im thinking of doing a 1mile dvd just to keep my body lose.

got alot of challenges in the next week. Im using sat as my weigh in day instead of sunday because i plan to enjoy my daughters baby shower and not worry about the calories during it. My bday is tuesday and youngest daughter is making my cake...Im thinking of having her do cupcakes so that i limit myself to one cupcake.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #156

Ha-ha the scale moved 3 lbs in the right direction.
You know the routine, you step on the scale and look at the number then look at the wall and look at the number again, then step off the scale and step back on to look at it once again just to be sure it's not a hallucination..lol.

It's -4* right now . I just finished shoveling more snow off front and back porches and trail and area for the dogs to use and trail and the interior of my small chicken yard then the path to and around my car. Did I mention I am sick of winter... oy

My middle daughter and her friend are coming today sometime for me to do their taxes, and I have to pop out to the grocery store.... I hate going to the grocery store when I am dieting

Have not made my food plan yet for the day so I need to think on it before I leave the house !!!

Yesterday's calories were 1347... basically I finished off leftovers from my crockpot dishes during the week.

I hope everyone is blessed with a GREAT day OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:01 AM   #157

Height: 5'7"

Bad day yesterday...it was my day off from exercise but I took it off from eating right also!! today is a new day and I can do this!!!
Plan for today...water and extra water to help flush out sodium. Exercise with my dvd and jump on minitramp. Food for me will be different than food for hubby, just not fair men can eat the same thing we eat and lose so much more weight!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 AM   #158
Devilish Little Thing

S/C/G: 246/ticker/145

Height: 5ft5

Hello On and off again poster that's on again and definitely needs to be held accountable. This time around I'm have a husband joined with me on the lifestyle change. (and convinced my mother and two aunts as well!)

Yesterday was...ok for me. Started out well, got my correct amount of pts (WW) but kind of goofed up last night with a couple of beers. Will do better today. I do have a 3 lb loss, so that's good

Im two weeks into this now, and have yet to really commit to any exercise routine. That's what I feel like I REALLY have to work on! My goal for the week and beyond

Mini Goal: 185 by June
01/01/11- Starting again at 225

Last edited by willowgirl; 01-24-2011 at 07:35 AM.
willowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #159

Well somehow I got confused when I logged my info into my fitday and didn't realize it until it was too late to eat anything else...lol. I had logged more calories than I had eaten by listing the total amt of brown rice in the casserole I made, instead of the amt I ate But I am happy it was an error in my favor and not the reverse...

Yesterdays food... calories 1202

rice cake
light whole grain bread
wedge ww jalapeno cheese
tea

low fat yogurt
pumpkin puree
water

orange
special k crackers
water

brown rice
carrots
beans
spinach
pork roast
water

apple
water

Willow~ having ppl doing it with you makes it much easier , congrats on the weight loss!!

dgramie ~ I hear you on the "man" thing, life is cruel...lol. Good luck today and remember let yesterday go it's in the past !!

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #160
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning! It's a balmy -9 this morning....

dgramie--Great job at the mexican rest! Excellent job planning ahead for the week!!! And a llb is a lb!!!

jab--That's awesome!!!!!!!

willowgirl--Welcome! My hubby has joined me this time around too, it makes things so much easier!

I had a great OP day yesterday! We'll see what the scale says tomorrow.

Today I have my healthy lunch packed, I brought my gym clothes into my office so they won't be freezing cold by the end of the day, and I am drinking LOTS of water.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Re-start 12/14/10 at 256

There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going...the road to success is never an easy one. Stay strong and focused on your journey.
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:58 AM   #161

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks.. TGIMonday! Glad the weekend is over and I am back home. It was a wonderful weekend - however, it's good to be home back in my own place. I did pretty well with the food out of town. Saturday night the Chinese rest. refused to steam some fish for me unless it was a whole flounder (at $40). Too expensive and I didn't want a whole. So I had nibbles of what folks ordered. I didn't feel right and I ended eating a littletoo much.

Last night DH brought home dark chocolate m&m's. They were all I could think about. It was crazy. I was obsessing about this dark chocolate. So - I had some and didn't end with just a some chocolate - it carried over to other eating. I just hate this food addiction/compulsion stuff. I ended eating way to much last night. I've asked DH not to bring in chocolate before - I guess I need to ask again. I hate that I need to ask him.

But - today is a new day. I've made my food plan for the day will try to carry on.

The weekend away was awesome. The dedication to the new children's art center was wonderful. There were at least 300 people at the ribbon cutting, the mayor, other politicians, the children, family, community, teachers, supporters, staff and more. It was grand. Really joyful, too. The new center offers drama, choral music, instrumental music, drumming, practice rooms, art & pottery, photography, sewing, dance, a wonderful gathering area, and a state of the art theatre. The children did performances and demonstrations all afternoon. This new art center in a real treasure in the middle of a struggling urban area. It is now my mission to encourage them to include storytelling in the oral tradition (telling stories without reading them from books) in their programming!

The children were excited and felt so much pride that this wonderful place was for them. Original building started as a settlement house 104 years ago and changed focus in the 70's to the arts. Ninety three percent of the children participating in their programming go to college. This is not the usual thing in this area. So anyone who says the arts don't have a positive effect on learning, thinking, self esteem, focus, etc - is so wrong. OK - I'll get off my soapbox!

So, friends. Everyone have a great day. Think positive!!!!

Move ticker, move!
Next Mini Goal - 214

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." - Margaret Thatcher

I can't lose 100 pounds....but, just maybe I can lose five pounds twenty times.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-24-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #162

Weekend went well...tho by the time I made it to lunch on Saturday I was starving so I ate first then climberd the stairs for about 10 mins...not as much exercise that I wanted, but better than nothing!!! goals for today: level 1 30 day shred, and keep track of calories...last week I was keeping a loose tally, but I really need to stay on top of it!

Lottie~yay on the pound lost!!! I always have a difficult time losing weight, so even a pound is cause to celebrate...even if just dancing in your bathroom!!!

Dgramie~hope you had fun with the grand kids!! great Job at the Mexican Restaurant. My birthday is tomorrow too, I'm thinking no cake, but I know the kiddies will get all upset...will have to figure something out!

Jab91864~taxes..ugh...still have to do ours. your salad sounds delish!! Great job on the loss!!!

Mj5~just keep plugging along...every little bit helps to change.

Willow girl~ Welcome back!! I just started posting again this week. Having others to help should help keep you accountable. My DH is in the frame of mind that he wants to lose weight, but I don't think he is completely committed to it yet. Hopefully we can complete this journey together!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!! And those of us in the cold need to stay warm!!!

10 lbs in 10 weeks!

Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #163

Beverly~I missed your post as I was typing mine. The Art center sounds Great!! I completely understand about the eating compusion ((hugs)) We have to take it one step at a time. Have a great OP day!

10 lbs in 10 weeks!

Old 01-24-2011, 09:20 AM   #164
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

beverley joy: glad to hear you had a good time and congrats!

mj5: yeah it's 5 here today. sweltering!

willowgirl: welcome!

jab: congrats on not hallucinating!

upswife: agreed, can't wait for spring!

So, I'm still on plan. Started exercise last night, plan to continue today, this year if flying by already, which is good, the sooner to June the better! (my second 4 month challenge mark)

I've never wanted to get a year over with so badly in my life haha. The closer to goal the better.

I was productive yesterday. I cleaned the kitchen, bathroom and bedroom, cooked bf lunches for the week to take to work, hand washed my bras, filled out some paperwork I needed to mail, I even had time to nap and read some of this book, Surviving a Borderline Parent: How to Heal Your Childhood Wounds and Build Trust, Boundaries, and Self-Esteem

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Sur...coming+parents

This has some 'work' to do in it, with journaling answers to questions and such, I plan to use it in therapy. I'm going to call my therapist in a few mins and leave her a msg and let her know that I'm reading/using it so she can at least familiarize herself before I see her in feb.

I woke up from a totally boring dream in a panic.

It lingered.

I feel okay now, but it was really annoying and have no idea where that feeling came from cuz the dream was not scary or panic inducing at all.

Well, I mean apparently it was, but just...dumb. ha.

Anyhow, I work today. DEFINITELY wearing under pants thingies to keep warm. This weather is ridiculous!

Check out my weight loss blog!: www.beyondwillpower.blogspot.com

Last edited by lottie63; 01-24-2011 at 09:22 AM.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 PM   #165

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

Happy Monday Chicks! Last week, I had a hard time staying on plan, but today is a new day.

Yogurt - 4 points

Clemintines - 0 points

Bananas - 0 points

Salad - 0 points

5 wheat crackers - 2 points

Salad Dressing - 2 points

Bacon bit crumbles - 3 points

Croutons - 1 point

Nature Valley Granola Bar - 2 points

That is breakfast, lunch, mid am and mid pm snacks ...17 points used, 21 to go. Dinner will be on the run since I have to be at 2 meetings at the same time! So, I will grab some carrots and a fiber one bar. Oh, and lots and lots of water!

Last edited by lisanovak; 01-24-2011 at 02:14 PM.
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote