Old 01-20-2011, 05:23 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day- I am grateful. I stayed within the parameters of my challenges (low sodium, exchanges, soft food, blandish). I did my exercises (stretches and strengthening, r. bike, weights), lots of water, etc.

I went with DH and we ordered new glasses. Bifocals. (Yikes!)

Lottie - the changes at your job sound great. Congrats. They must see you as an asset to the company. I am so glad to hear your fibro is a little less painful these days.

Slash - have a safe trip.

Today I am taking my mom around for her many errands. She is getting more frail. This is hard to watch. She still has her many smarts, thank goodess.

Everyone, have a great, healthy day. Treat yourself as kindly as you would a good friend.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-20-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 261/ticker/160

Height: 5'1

Running behind today so it's just a quick hello!!

Yesterday was horrible, we lost my daughter's dog. He was only 10 yrs old and we didn't expect him to pass away. I keep crying on and off, I can remember the day we got him as a puppy clear as a bell.

My car has to go back to the mechanic again tomorrow...

Will try to catch up tonight with my calories and choices.

I pray today will be a better day !!!!!!!!!!!
jab91864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 AM   #138  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Hi! I did not make it to the gym last night. No, I did not give in to the negative voices...I was stuck at work really late and just simply ran out of time. It is ok, though, I actually planned an extra workout day this week in case I ran into this type of situation.

Beverlyjoy--I am trying, thanks! Keep up the great work!

Diane--Hope you get to make time for some fun in Denver!

lottie--That is awesome!!! I know from a manager perspective it is always refreshing to have employees who are looking for new opportunities and growth, so glad your manager is able to provide this for you!

jab--Oh no..when it rains, it pours, huh?! So sorry for your loss.

Today is our Wellness Committee Meeting at work and we will be reviewing our progress over the past year and setting this year's goals. I am looking forward to that.

Tonight is zumba and I can't wait!!!!!!! Then off to my niece's volleyball game. Luckily I planned ahead and brought extra healthy snacks with me AND already have stuff ready at home for tomorrow (I won't be home until really late tonight).

Have a great OP day!!!!!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #139  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday went pretty well, did 20 mins cardio dance and 2/3 level 1 30 day shred...feeling it today.

Food was ok...not great, but definitely lower calories that I have been.

Goals for today:
Run to store for veggies for soup (leftover chicken)
Laundry--have to move mountains!!
Yoga with Jillian DVD
watch portions-get note book at store to keep track

Feeling very tired and Light headed...think I am getting a sinus infection...is it bad to plan to work out,then take a nap??? Feel like I could go back to bed right now...but mommy needs to keep an eye on the 2 yr old terror!!!
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 259/253/140

Height: 5' 9"

Morning Chicks!

Major snow last night. We got 10 inches where I live! Finally made it in to work, safe and sound.

Yesterday I was sooooooo very off plan . I am very disappointed in myself. It was like I was having an out of body experience. I was watching myself eat, thinking, "you are really not hungry, and that is not a very good thing to eat", but I couldn't stop. I don't even know why....I wasn't sad, mad, depressed, or anything. But, today is a new day!

fruit and yogurt for breakfast - 4 points

clemintines - 0 points

soup for lunch - 5 points
wheat crackers (5) - 5 points

dry roasted almonds for a snack - 5 points

salad for dinner - o points

water, water, water, water, water, water......

lottie63 - Congrats! I am happy for you!

upswife - I don't know, I think a nap sounds pretty good right about now!

mj5 - You should get a gold star for planning a head!

jab91864 - I am so very sorry...pets are like our children, and car issues suck! Hang in there girl!
lisanovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #141  
mj5

Hi again! Just had to pop in quick....I have had a string of meetings today (which I knew about, for a change). At one of them, they always have pizza, cookies, and soda. I usually eat before I go, but I didn't have time, so I stopped for some coffee before I went to that meeting.

I am very happy to report, that I resisted all of it! The soda is no big deal--I don't drink soda, but chocolate chip cookies AND pizza!!!!

Now I'm drinking LOTS of water and eating my healthy lunch
Old 01-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #142  

mj5~good for you...I have a very hard time resisting cookies. YAY!!
Old 01-21-2011, 05:29 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi chicks - yesterday was a really healthy day. I am so grateful. I ate on my plan, watched my sodium, drank lots of water, did my exercises (stretches, strengthenning, r. bike), journalled, and had alot of determination. I am grateful,

Yesterday I needed to take my mom all around to do her errands (2 banks, drug store and the grocery store) For the banks and drug store I didn't need to go in. I brought my journal and Beck book. It gave me alot of focused time to think about my food program. It was good because I am leaving for a few days today.

As far as the food out of town goes - I can't do everything (low sodium, exchanges, soft, blandish) every moment. But - I CAN still do my exchanges and soft. Actually, softish food is the most important. I am bringing some oatmeal, applesauce, bananas, and a can of no salt added lentil soup. DH and my stepmom will eat something different for dinner tonight and I'll have that soup. The openhouse on Saturday will have bananas and some cheese (among other things). So, there's something to eat. The restaurant for Saturday night is Turkish. I'll probably get the salmon or maybe some hummus.

The big snow is over for now and it's suppose to be clear driving this afternoon when we head out of town. However, it's really cold out. Also, I am grateful for warmth on this extra cold morning.

I hope you all have a great weekend. I appreciate you all. Thank you for your kindness, wisdom and support.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 01-21-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #144  
mj5

Good Morning! Zumba last night was excellent! AND, I am down 2lbs!!!!

upswife--Thanks, yea, cookies are hard to stay away from for me too....I just didn't go anywhere near the food!

Beverlyjoy--Great job planning for your weekend away. You can do it!!!

I am so very glad it is Friday. It's been a long week. Last night after zumba I went to my niece's volleyball game. I didn't get home until 10:00! Tomorrow is my nephew's basketball game, zumba, some errands, and normal Saturday stuff (cleaning, etc)....luckily I don't have any plans for Sunday! I am going to make some beef barley soup in the crockpot and relax!

Have a great OP day!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:18 AM   #145  

Height: 5'7"

food is great and exercise is happening daily...a big plus for me!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #146  

Food was good yesterday, and I did manage to exercise. On the home front laundry still needs to be done...

Lisa~ we all have those kinds of days. the only thing you can do today is dust yourself off and try to be better...we are all here for you

Beverlyjoy~great job planning your trip. That can be the hardest thing to do. Hope you have a great time!

Mj5~Sounds like you need to relax!! My weeks are flip/flopped from everyone else...I work F-M so I am just starting my "work week" get some rest for the both of us! LOL

dgramie~

Goals for today: Level 1 30day shred...I will make it through it this time. Watch food, and pack dinner for at work! Oh and about 40 loads of Laundry!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:21 AM   #147  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I"m starting to get that cranky I'm never going to get out of the 250's feeling.

All of a sudden my loss has slowed to a crawl. It always does right around this weight. Any suggestions?
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #148  

Lottie~wish I could help what has worked for me in the past is increasing intensity in workouts...or shocking the calories...go up for a day then go back down...Just keep working at it and this will pass!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:38 PM   #149  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

ahhh, spoke too soon, lost a lb today! lol
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #150  

Height: 5'7"

my scales are stuck even though I have done everything right this week...I will not let them mess with my head.
Hubby wants to go and see our grandkids today...that will include eating out. Not sure i want to eat out yet!!!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote