Old 01-01-2011, 02:01 PM   #1  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Default OMG - talk about hissy fit !!

This morning, January first, only the most significant weigh in day of the year, my wii fit stopped working! DD decided to update the wii, so she could use the Just dance game we've bought to help with our exercise routine. She neglected to tell me she was updating it (I would have stopped her because we had to crack it to make it multi region to allow for the US version of Wii fit). Consequentially I had an immense hissy fit when I realised I could not weigh in this morning. I'm a daily weigher and NEED the fix that is getting on the scales. It keeps me accountable and helps me see where i am going. I yelled at her, whilst she was asleep, and stamped my foot, all to no avail
The point here is I seem to be fixated with the scale, and am terrified i will put weight on because I'm not weighing !! I know it's ridiculous. I know I behaved in a really childish way and that it is NOT DD's fault. I actually shocked myself with the severity of my emotions, and am aware that my "journey" is taking me over in some way. I know it has to for it to succeed, but am a bit scared by my over - reaction.
I have seen lots of people that I have not seen for a wee while over Christmas. They have all been extremely complimentary about my 103lbs (could be more but can't weigh in to find out......) weight loss, and all think I'm crazy to want to lose another 40lbs. Skews your thinking a bit. I know I need to get the 40lbs off to be "normal". I am also going ski-ing in 18 days time. Ski resorts are not exactly low-carb friendly, so am extremely scared about how to deal with that situation
All seems a bit overwhelming right now. As I read this back I appreciate I seem shallow and vain, but I have tried soooooooo hard to get to this point- it feels like an emotional slap and a very significant one to be faced with no weigh in , and ten days in carb city at this point. I was good over Christmas and New Year and lost 2lbs. Emotionally I need a boost to get me through- advice wonderful Chickies?
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Sorry you are having such a tough time but maybe this is a sign that you need to get away from the scale for a bit. Just a bit. Trust in your past achievements and current plan of eating that you will not regain overnight or over a week. Use this opportunity to challenge yourself to get over the scale addiction - just for today. One day at a time.

Ski resort food - that's a tough one. Maybe just eat half (or less) of the serving or plate. Eat the lower calorie foods before digging into the calorie laden stuff. Stay away from the bread basket. Act as if you are a picky eater and too much salt or grease or whatever doesn't appeal to you.

Have a great time but don't break a leg!
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 299/263/150

Height: 5' 4"

Starbright, you've made great progress so far. Keep doing what you know works for you and I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised when you get back on the scale.
gagirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I don't see anything wrong with really craving that daily scale fix. I get the same way when I am consistently losing. It is like a part of my support system. It has gotten you this far, so i don't think it's something you would need to try to break.

Do you have an addictive personality? I do, and I find that I am always going to be 110% into something, so I am trying to just transfer the addictive tendencies to healthy things. That may have been what you did, transfer other addictive focuses like food onto the scale. I see it as a good way to work with your personality type, if you find this true for you.

Anyway, if I were in your shoes i would go out and buy a scale that I could afford and start weighing on it. That is not ideal, but at least you get that fix and you might be able to even take it along on your trip!

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-01-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Just a thought,
Quote:
only the most significant weigh in day of the year
this isn't actually true.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 03:50 AM   #6  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Ah but Seagirl TO ME it is !
It's ok, I'm over the hissy fit, just was really shocked by the severity of my reaction.
Anyhow Dixchix I will trust in what I've been doing - you don't lose 103lbs for nothing right? I don't want the break from the scale, but I also don't want to start on other scales as they all weigh different, so I'm holding out til my Wiifit comes from UK (I live in Belgium shops are closed for days here!)
Thanks for your responses
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote