Old 12-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #16  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Honestly, it's probably not much different than those who start at other times of the years. We simply have more starts on this holiday than any other day of the year.
These are my thoughts, too. New Year's is a good a time as any to make a change. I could pick my birthday, but that would mean waiting until July.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #17  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I resolved each and every january 1st that "this is the year!" and every Monday morning after that LOL Unfortunately by about Feb the new year's zeal had long worn off, I still hadn't done anything differently, still hadn't done any work on my MIND where all the trouble was in the first place. I'd plan and make graphs and charts and get so psyched for everything, and a few weeks later (on the GOOD tries) bam! back to every bad habit!

This time, this last time, it was a balmy May day when I was shoving a McD's cheeseburger down my gullet in the car, when I finally said "wow, I'm killing myself" and sought professional help, got on track, and never looked back! Now new year's is just a day to celebrate with family/friends, no pressure, no promises, no lies to myself. Just a day
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:37 PM   #18  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm a little more in the boat Kaplods is in, if I wait for a fresh start, I don't take accountability every meal, for every choice... I keep waiting for another chance to start, rather than making every single day another chance to choose helpful or hurtful food choices. Making weight loss a resolution for the new year would have guaranteed me for failure, knowing the way my brain works. I had to be thoroughly fed up with being fat, and then work to fix it immediately. That began in October '08, and was more powerful than any resolution.

Now that I am in the journey I can use times like New Year's to reaffirm my commitment to being healthier, but the behaviors don't change... Its more of a mental check than a drastic change, because I've stayed more or less on plan the entire year and the year prior.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

My current program is a continuation of my 2010 New Year's resolution.

I slacked off in March after reaching 236 pounds, regained back up to 246. Part of the reason was distraction - I faced a large side project that consumed much of my time and finances during the summer and fall.

Once that was squared away, I took all the conviction and perseverance that had gone into the other effort, and re-focused back into my program.

I'm now a pound away from recovering the earlier low point, which I expect to nail this weekend. At least I will enter 2011 with the the momentum to plow ahead onto new ground!

Last edited by darway; 12-29-2010 at 06:33 PM.
darway is offline   Reply With Quote