Losing Weight in 2011!

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • It's almost here!! I love this time of year when you can feel the excitement building. A lot of people are gearing up for losing weight in January, looking for some way to get it done, setting up a plan, and giving themselves a pep talk. I think it is awesome that so many people grab onto the determination to try and change their lives. I do wish more would stick with it all year long though!

What will YOU do in 2011??
  • I want to lose 96 pounds in 2011. That would put me at 199 - a number I can't recall seeing ever before, and definitely not since becoming an adult.
  • Since my massage & bodywork group is starting our pre-new year reflection & goal mapping tonight, I just finished writing out my goals for the new year. The weight/lifestyle change ones are:

Complete 5 or more 5k's.
    Complete the Women's Running 1/2 @ Nashville.
    Fit into a size 16 or smaller. {currently a super-loose 24/buttonable but snug 22}
    Become a certified TurboKick instructor.
    Lose ~85-95 pounds.
    *sub-goal: cut my fat mass % in half or more
    *sub-goal: increase my lean mass to 55% or more.
  • I will continue to follow my WW points plan and continue to go to the gym.

I will continue to work on my 'head' issues of weight gain and loss.

My K.I.S.S. principle for weight loss. Simple - yes, easy - no. Just gonna take it one day at a time.
  • I want to lose 18 pounds in 2011!! Wow...I have never wanted to lose just 18 pounds. For me, that is profound!
  • I want to lose 20 pounds in 2011 (and reassess!). It looks so nice to say ONLY 20 pounds - I feel fat today - TOM Please don't flame me for that - I know logically that I'm not fat, but I still feel like it sometimes. As soon as kiddos are back in school, I'm back on my workout routine. Until then, I'll fit in workouts where I can. I miss my routine though.
  • I want to lose 69 pounds in 2011!
    Run a 5 km race!
  • I'm really excited about 2011 because I KNOW that it's going to be the year I hit goal, and will be my first year of maintenance!
    I have 5.5lbs to lose from my recent low (so 6.5lbs from today) and I'm thinking I'm going to call that goal after the several re-adjustments down I've made this last couple of months! This Christmas has been so special because of the amazing weight loss journey I started in 2009, and 2011 is just going to be the icing on the cake (excuse the pun).
    I'm now really confident that I can hit goal and maintain this weight for the rest of my life...
  • I want to lose 80lbs (though I got myself some digital scales today and i am 204 not 210 which makes me happy!) in 2011 and get to at least a UK12 (would LOVE to be a 10 but I am very 'hippy'!
    By the end of 2011, I would like to be a runner!

Be happy and work on my confidence and learn to actually like myself.
    Bring on 2011!
  • 2010 has been a great year for me... I have lost 40 lbs since September 4. I want to do just as well in 2011, but I am changing my expectations since I know that the weight will come off slower as I get slimmer.

So my goal for 2011 is to lose 78 lbs (from 246.2 to 168.2). Wow! I can't believe I typed that. I haven't been below 200 lbs in over a decade. That will get me very close to my ultimate goal and I hope to be learning maintenance habits by the end of 2011.
  • I want to lose the last fifty pounds in 2011, after the first 50 coming off over the past two years. I would really love to be in the mid-100's for my brother's wedding in July, but any weight off is a very good thing, regardless of the time frame. I'm just going to keep on my plan and plug away
  • I am starting a new diet on January 1, 2011.

I plan on losing another 50 pounds by the end of December, 2011.
    I'll be counting my calories every day!

I have sooo many nice clothes stored away in boxes.
    I hope to be wearing them next summer and fall.

Best of luck to everyone!

• I want to lose between 12-32lbs. My goal at the moment is to get to a healthy BMI for my height which is 140lbs (12 lbs away!). Once I get to 140lbs, I will decide from there if I would want to go any further, but keeping a limit for myself of reaching a 120lbs and no less than that.
  • I would like to take off a nice round #100lbs. Best of luck to all and a Healthy & Happy New Year!
  • My Goals for 2011:

1. Get to my Goal Weight of 132 (105 LBS to Go).

2. Get in Shape. I re-joined Gold's Gym on 11/24/10. Signed up with a Trainer for a year starting 11/29/10 until 11/29/11.

Good Luck, Everyone.