3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   I'm cold! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/220165-im-cold.html)

CherryPie99 12-21-2010 05:01 PM

I'm cold!

Ok, maybe this is stupid, but do you think that I could be cold all the time because of my weight loss? I grew up here in Northern NY, and we just get used to the cold frigging winters. Although the cold air has come a little early this year, I am freezing my butt off! I just can't seem to get warm. Could this be the reason?

Ruthxxx 12-21-2010 05:06 PM

Waving atcha across the 1000 Islands BriDge. Yes, it is colder this year and it cold also be bothering you more because of weightloss. You've lost a lot of insulation!

Although I've not lost a lot of weight, I'm finding I need to wear a sweater in the house these days and even socks to bed!

JoJoJo2 12-21-2010 05:08 PM

Probably -

You are in the process of losing that nice layer of fat that helped keep you warm in former years. It is one of the few downsides of losing weight.

And, by the way, you are doing just great in losing that weight. Keep it up, my friend. If you are feeling a little chilly, just put on another sweater. :wave:

Pacifica Bee 12-21-2010 05:13 PM

I am cold almost all the time now (and I used to the one who was always hot). Generally I need to wear 2-3 layers at all times, I have 3 pairs of silk long underwear, and often wear stretch pants under my jeans. SO while it may be colder where you are, I can attest to weight loss being the cause of my cold.

Arctic Mama 12-21-2010 05:20 PM

Oh yes, add me to the freezing crowd (granted, I live in Alaska, but I am comparably colder each winter I have been losing weight than pre-weight loss).

The metabolic process of a calorie deficit will mean you feel colder, regardless of the season. So while it may be a cold winter, likely it just means your body's continuing to work through its' backlog of calories :)

Rosinante 12-21-2010 05:28 PM

I am so cold that I'm almost scared. Once my back gets cold, it just doesn't seem to warm up. The rest of me can be sweating but I have a band of cold across my back that doesn't shift.

2beautiful2Bfat 12-21-2010 06:07 PM

I am also freezing and definitely connect it to weight loss and low caloric intake. I started my diet at on Dec 1 and only started getting cold when I got down about 10 lbs. I am also eating very little.

PinkHoodie 12-21-2010 06:17 PM

I have noticed I am colder this year. I can't seem to get enough layers on, and even just moving from room to room in my house makes my finger nails turn blue. Brrrr! :P

hope for recovery 12-21-2010 06:36 PM

Yeah I am colder as well but just wearing layers and layers, what else can i do, the weight needs to come off, this big thing around my waist... its not right... i think i might not lose much weight around winter time but any pound is welcome.

kuchick 12-21-2010 07:49 PM

Way TMI!!!

I am so cold that my left nipple contracts and causes me horrible pain (I don't know why - seems weird) and then the pain spreads to my left shoulder and down my back. So now I often drive my kids to school while holding my left boob to try to keep it warm. I'm going to get a reputation :dizzy:

Petite Powerhouse 12-21-2010 07:57 PM

I have gotten so cold I couldn't sleep at night. I would wake up frozen stiff. I had to invest in a heated mattress pad, and I pile blankets on top of the bed after I get in it. When I'm watching television on the couch, I cuddle up under three blankets at least. And the thermostat says 74! It's crazy. I thought I was cold before, but it's much worse now.

krampus 12-21-2010 08:57 PM

It's definitely because you've lost weight. I'm still a hot person (my natural body temperature is 99 F or so) but now I get cold very easily. I don't mind though, makes me feel delicate or something.

Trazey34 12-21-2010 10:19 PM

hmmm not sure? I always think of little tiny 100 pound people as being affected by constant cold hands/feet? Never know tho! Personally I LOVE the cold, I turn off most of the rads in the house LOL drives the hubby bonkers, but I love wearing fuzzy jams or sweaters, makes everything feel so cozy!

matt_H 12-21-2010 10:20 PM

I'm freezing all of the time. Winter never really bothered me and I'd rarely wear gloves and never wear a hat. Now, I bundle up in 3 layers, hat, and gloves and I'm still shivering.

goal4agirl 12-22-2010 12:07 AM

I have been cold since I lost my first 10 lbs. And that was last summer. I am constantly layering clothes. I thought it was because food generates heat. Even though I eat- I never feel quite as full as I did when I over ate. I thought it was another tactic coming from my body- to send down more food I'm dying here. Like it tries to sabotage me or something. :brr:
I still like this better than being hot all the time.