Early Christmas present! (nearly)

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My aim for my Israel trip, 01/19/2011, was 159.
    Today I am 159.8.
    This makes me happy; and amazed; and a bit awe-struck; and a bit "I can't believe it!"

• Congrats!!! Well done!!

Tell me more about your trip?!!
  • Your happiness has been transmitted through your post. Hooray!! Great job!
  • Yay!! It's so wonderful to achieve goals! You should feel great about yourself!
  • !
  • YAY!! You are doing an awesome job with your weight loss.
    I would love love LOVE to go to Israel! I hope you have a wonderful trip.
  • So awesome! Congrats!
  • Rosinante, Congratulations !
  • Thankyou, ladies!
    Now to hold onto it......

DixC ~ I'm taking a week's trip with a company that arranges pilgrimages. It is a very good deal, designed for potential tour leaders, and thus costs less than half of the full amount. When I signed up, I was tentatively thinking about it but then I discovered that someone else in my diocese was planning one. Still, the company have made it clear that it's still ok for people like me to go, as a spiritual re-charge.

So: We fly from Heathrow (if it ever re-opens) to Tel-Aviv, and have just over half the week in Jerusalem, and the rest of the time in Tiberias. We'll be taking in all the spiritual sights/sites, it'll be pretty hectic. I will enjoy
    the spiritual re-charge
    the break
    the not being in charge. I love my life, mostly, I love my job, mostly, but it's definitely going to be nice for someone else to be in charge.

Challenges:
    *Sticking to my food plan. I'm not a believer in 'you're on holiday, it won't hurt'. I've gained tons, almost literally, by that way of thinking.

*Sharing a room with a friend - the one who's a sweety but threatened by my weightloss and tends to be very bossy and domineering. Can I get through the trip without hurling her off the Temple, or eating myself into oblivion? (Seriously, she has issues and behaviours - haven't we all? Her Is and Bs I can't control; I Can control my Is and Bs and reactions.)

* Not being in charge. I usually take city trips where I choose where I want to go and for how long. I haven't done a 'follow the umbrella' trip for nearly 30 years. Interesting.
  • It sounds like a most excellent adventure!! I envy you. And your weight loss success.
  • Sounds like a great trip - hope you have a wonderful time! And congrats on the 150's - woo hoo!!!!
  • That is fabulous! Congratulations on your early present to yourself!

I think this requires a progress picture
  • Quote: I think this requires a progress picture
    Funny you should say that..... I took pix this morning. I'll upload one soon!
  • This is so great and inspiring. I have plans for next summer that require me losing more weight, I hope I am successful like you have been! Hope you have a WONDERFUL time!
  • Fantastic! Enjoy your trip, it sounds amazing!