Went clothes shopping for the first time on my weight loss journey

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I just wanted to share with you ladies. I went clothes shopping tonite and was actually looking forward to it so I could see if I was down any sizes well here it goes:

Pants where a 4x (26/28) now they are a 3x (22/24)

Shirts where a 4x (26/28) now they are a 2x (20)

And I got 2 new PJS and I could NOT believe it my pjs where a 3x (22/24) they are now a 1x (16-18) not even a plsu size I didnt have to pay the extra 2 bucks per set YEAH YEAH YEAH

Still got along way to go but Im really enjoying my weight loss journey I now wonder why I waited so long to do and what I was so afraid of.
  • Awesome! I am loving the clothes shopping too. I wasn't going to buy expensive clothes at this size, but I can't help buying a few nice things. I deserve it.
  • Sweet! Isn't that a great feeling to be rid of the "fat tax!?"
  • What a great treat! Well done, you deserve it!

Fat tax?!? Wow, I didn't know that clothes over a certain size cost more in the States! Here, Usually, all clothes in the same range are the same price, whether a UK8 or a UK22.
    I love the idea that your wallet/the store officially recognizes you as 'normal'!!!!!
  • SO SO happy for you! Isn't that just the best feeling! I remember that 1X used to seem to tiny that I couldn't ever imagine wearing it! Good for you and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • Freaking awesome!
  • Dancin' in the fitting room?

That's a great feeling. Congrats!
  • Same thing here!!! I went shopping on Saturday. At my very heaviest, I was too big for a size twenty, but the 22's were kind of loose.

I bought the same brand (the St. John Bay corduroys are my favorite favorite favorite.) I bought two pairs of 18's and I wore them yesterday. They look great! I got a pair of blue jeans in an 18, and my bra band size went from a 44 to a 42, and I could actually probably go down again pretty soon.

I've been really surprised how fast my clothing has gotten loose. I don't know if it's the way I'm built or what, but I thought I'd have to lose a lot more before seeing changes in clothing sizes.
  • YAY! Congratulations!!!!
  • Awesome!
  • Thanks guys, and of course I was dancing in the fitting room the regular size clothes for womans pants and tops wont be to far off .
  • congrats! It's such a great feeling.
  • Hi. I made the mistake of buying too many clothes once i hit the "Teens". I think i was so excited to be in an 18 that i went a little crazy. Now things are getting loose as i continue to lose. Kinda wish i hadn't spent as much money as i did. In a few weeks i have to go buy some new pants and bras. Live and learn right?
  • Thats awesome! Congrats!
  • How fun!

Glad you got to enjoy the experience. You deserve it.

I need to go out and replace my grannie panties soon