Old 11-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default My "I'm gonna LOSE weight over the Holidays"

That's right, folks. I'm going to LOSE weight during the Holidays. I'm sick of bouncing up and down, sick of the cheats ( last night I grabbed a small skinny cow treat and downed it right before bed ( TOM ) and this am, when I looked in the trash, I went "Oh yea, I DID eat that, didn't I? )

I'm sick of the sabatoge, I KNOW I can do this if I'm determinded enough, and I make this thread to hold me accountable. I will post my successes here, my struggles, anything and everything that comes to my mind from now to Jan 1st.

They say, most people gain 5-7 pounds throughout the Holidays, well I say NOT ME!!! I am going to LOSE 5-7 pounds througout the Holiday

Is anyone else willing to take this journey with me?
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I am with you! I'm upping my exercises and making healthy choices. I HATE the feeling of being stuffed after a big holiday dinner... so why would I always do that?

Also, saying no to holiday cookies and desserts that I'm sure will be brought in to my office on a daily basis. NO, NO, NO!!!!
I'm going to try and lose 9.5 LBs by New Years Day

cw: 149.5
gw:140
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm with you. I have every intention of LOSING weight during the entire holiday season. I'm still probably going to eat like I normally would on the day of the holiday (or whenever my family holds it), but I don't plan on going overboard and not porking out for days after or before in typical holiday tradition. I have 11 more pounds to lose by 1/1/11, and I want to hit that goal.
tsuninight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #4  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

I'm with ya!
I know I can do it because I did it two Decembers ago. I can't control the meal Christmas Day but I can control what goes in my mouth all the days leading up to the big day and all the way through New Years.
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

Same here! Lucky for me, many of our typical Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner foods no longer appeal to me, so it will make not over indulging a little easier. So long as I can stay away from too much dessert. I'm not really afraid of the holidays for food reasons, I'm fearful of the school breaks. I usually get out for a 2-3 mile walk/jog on top of my in home exercising while they're in school, but I can't do that with the kids home. I'll need to movitate myself to replace it with something I can do in the house. I'm going to try to drop another 7lbs by the end of the year!
Laureedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:12 PM   #6  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I"m with you! I'm actually staying home with the bf this holiday season. No family, there is too much drama going on down there anyhow. My mom and sister are more than welcome to come up around the holidays and I can cook and control the food situation. My mom is one to say, "it's just ONCE A YEAR!" But not for me it's not, holiday treats can easily send me into a months long backslide. So due to drama AND due to my need to control what is cooked, how it is cooked and what goes in my mouth, I'm staying HOME this year!

I planned to lose over the holiday as well so I'm glad this thread was posted.

I want to lose around 7-8 lbs by new years. I have thanksgiving dinner all planned, and I even planned smaller breakfast and lunch to fit everything I WANT into the meal.

lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #7  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

I plan on losing during the Holidays too! Good Luck Everyone!
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

I am so excited to have people on board with me.

I also noticed, I didn't spell weight correctly, and can't change it, is a mod able to? Thanks.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

I'm planning to stay on plan during the holidays. I may have a higher carb count on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. But I intend to remain sugar-free. Even though I may go over I am planning to make healthier choices even where carbs are concerned. ie plain backed sweet potatoes, small servings etc. I'm planning to have a cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk almond milk heated with truvia and cinnamon in place of desert. It's delicious. The rest of the days I intend to stay totally on plan. As far as actually losing weight I seem to be on a plateau. Last week I lost 1/2 lb and was on plan all week. I do probably need to be more concientious about the water. I'm happy for the support to stay on plan during the holidays and good luck to you all. We can do it!!! But I will be satisfied if I can avoid a gain. An unexpected loss would be gravy!!!
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #10  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

Hells Yes!

I definitely plan on loosing weight over the holidays! I'm in charge of the christmas cooking so I guess I better start planning what everyone will be having now X3
summershine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:36 PM   #11  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I've maintained or lost every holiday since I started this journey... I'm not changing that now!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I'm definitely with y'all...losing weight this holiday!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #13  

Me!
I have gained 12 lbs in the last 6 weeks!
I need to start checking I'm here daily like before!
nurse2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #14  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Oooh, me me, pick me!! I definitely plan on losing weight this holiday season. I'm planning to see a new decade by the end of November and another new decade by the end of December.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #15  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

So am I Borntofly ! No time like the present ! We don't need anything to set us back ! Let's keep the ball rolling !!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote