Old 12-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #1  
I CAN DO IT

S/C/G: 300/ see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Default What are the first things you noticed as you started eating healthy and losing weight

The things I have notcied recently after almost 3 months on my weight loss journey are:

I bend over and it doesnt hurt
Im not tired all the time
I crave veggies alot of the times
I get full on less calories
I can jump on the trampoline and my feet actually leave it when I jump
Im thirsty alot more for water rather then forcing myself to drink it
My skin looks smoother and not so greasey
Ky30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

What I notice now is I can't stand the smell of greasy food, or really sweet foods. Going by McDonald's used to smell amazing, now it makes me queasy. I can't go by a big display of chocolate anymore. I love chocolate, but a big display is just overload on the senses. It never affected in that way before.

Also, my skin feels and looks better, my back doesn't hurt all the time. I only get headaches that time of the month. I used to get headaches every day. Starchy food used to be my weakness, now I don't care if I have it or not (I'm not following a low carb diet, but I just tend to eat less of it).
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 319/314/200

Height: 6-3

I am only a week in, and I already notice how much better healthier foods are tasting now that I'm not inhaling junk food every day. I never really appreciated (or touched) whole wheat pasta until this past week. And now I can't figure out why I haven't been eating it all along. Even something like popcorn...eating the far healthier version now rather than the super loaded butter and salt version...I am still enjoying the healthier version.

I'm also noticing how enjoyable a goal-oriented week can be. I don't think I've ever been so excited to wake up on a Sunday and weigh myself, as I did this morning. My first five pounds lost...a small feat, but one that felt great.
DroppingPounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

My ankles, legs and hands quit swelling. And, my asthma got better.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #5  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

mostly, most importantly cuz of the fibro, increased mobility!

I eat way slower and actually enjoy my food instead of inhaling it!
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

Things I noticed immediately:
- My sleep apnea disappeared right away.
- I no longer had to haul myself out of the car like dragging a sack of potatoes.
- I didn't have to squeeze to fit into booths anymore.
- My knees stopped hurting as much.

Things I notice now:
- Everything on that previous list is so far gone that I barely remember them anymore.
- I can run and jump and dance without feeling like someone stabbed me in the chest.
- People treat me a lot better (I almost wish this wasn't true).
- All my previously favorite foods are now too greasy and make my stomach hurt.
- Exercising is no longer self-inflicted torture, but a relaxing "me time" that I look forward to.
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #7  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

- better skin
- veggie/fruit cravings
- significantly less acid reflux
- don't like the "full" feeling as much
- spending less on food (by cutting out fast food)
- I actually want to run (can't go far yet, but I'll get there)

still waiting for increased energy...
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #8  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Oo, what a great question!

I noticed my skin getting better.
I noticed I could kneel down (a requisite in my job!) without my knees killing me.
I noticed a sense of control that spread into my emotional life, not just to do with fat/eating.

Now
I notice the joy of walking everywhere.
I notice that my eyes are not little and piggy after all.
I notice that although I'm still overweight (only 1.5lbs from Technically o/w!!!!), I'm only fat back to front, if that makes sense. I used to bulge all round like a Michelin man but now I'm quite narrow side to side, I just carry all before me.
I notice that I'm going into stores I'd never have Dared before ~ just ordinary chains but before I'd always have thought the assistants were wondering what the hck I was doing there.
I notice that everyone (nearly) seems to be a lot nicer to me. I assume it's because I'm approaching them with confidence, not diffidence that can look like I was angry.
I notice
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #9  
Berry and Me

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky30 View Post
The things I have notcied recently after almost 3 months on my weight loss journey are:

I bend over and it doesnt hurt
Im not tired all the time
I crave veggies alot of the times
I get full on less calories
I can jump on the trampoline and my feet actually leave it when I jump
Im thirsty alot more for water rather then forcing myself to drink it
My skin looks smoother and not so greasey
The bold ones for sure, I just started my program the beginning of November and I'm 15lbs down, I've noticed that my legs are stronger and I don't get as tired when I'm exercising. I'm happier with all the good endorphins, I'm not laying around on the couch being all depressed anymore. I feel healthier in general. My back feels a lot better, I have had back problems my whole life because my boobs are so big.
Lauren201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:41 PM   #10  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i just FEEL better. i have less depressed days. i have more energy.

later on, i could eat so much less food and be full. i'm still surprised by that sometimes. i just can't eat the amount or kinds of food i used to eat. even just reg. cereal. almost any kind of cereal is too sweet. many foods are too sweet or too salty.

my life is just...different. i've stopped thinking about food 24/7. even with all i had going on back then, as soon as i had a min to think, all i wanted to do was eat. or think about my next meal.

now...even if i'm hungry, if my only choice is loaded with fat and junk, i'd rather have nothing, till i get home and have some healthy food.

i'm just such a different person mentally.

and i'm picky. about my food. if i don't really enjoy it, i stop eating it.
about clothes. even if it fits, if i don't like it, i get rid of it. i'm starting to build a small wardrobe that i DO like. for the first time in many years. and i'm really excited about that.

my self-esteem is so much better. from knowing that my fitness level has increased. thinking about what i've accomplished, i'm stronger, can exercise long periods. and what i've accomplished on this journey. i've lost alot of weight, when for so long i thought i would never be under 200 again.

because of 3FC and another forum, i feel like i have friends. i'm not alone. i feel supported. telling everyone on here about struggles and nsv's, helping others on here. it all helps so much. i couldn't have done it alone.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #11  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Default I can MOVE!

The first 20-25lbs brought me the ability to walk up and down stairs without feeling like my knees were going to give out.
I can now kneel without terrible fuss.
I am not as swolen.
I can actually taste food now, without the need for salt and sugar.

I am super excited about what the next 20 will bring!

DroppingPounds - CONGRATS on your first week! A loss is a loss, ENJOY it!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #12  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Incredible psychological relief & happiness, because FINALLY, I was fully facing something I'd been in denial about, and I was not procrastinating. I was taking an action. And it was getting me results.

I felt that long before I felt any increases in energy, strength & stamina, or noticed stronger nails & better hair & etc. All that stuff did happen, but so gradually, sometimes I didn't even notice it until I had little epiphanies that came much later. ("Oh, I don't [whatever] anymore.")

Last edited by saef; 12-05-2010 at 02:33 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #13  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I had incredible results from day one.

Yup, from day one my horrible acid reflux ended. I used to chug-a-lug Mylanta all day and night. From the first day of eating well there was no longer a need to.

Quote:
Incredible psychological relief & happiness, because FINALLY, I was fully facing something I'd been in denial about, and I was not procrastinating. I was taking an action
^^Yup and this too from day one^^

From day one, I had ZERO doubt in my mind the end of my misery was near. I knew for certain I was going to lose the weight once and for all. Right then and there was a huge *weight* lifted from me. I knew that each and every time I turned down one of *those foods* that I was one step closer to losing the weight and becoming that trim, slim, fit, healthy person I always longed to be.

And then it just kept getting better and better and better.

Better than I had hoped and dreamed and prayed for.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

I've been at this for almost two months now and although I've only lost 20 lbs I do notice a bit of a difference already.

My skin is amazing. I rarely have breakouts and it's just better - healthier looking.

After a lifetime of not being able to stand drinking plain water I now crave it (bottled - not tap - BIG difference in my neck of the woods).

I have more energy and can move more easily and for longer periods of time than I could before.

I automatically look for the healthiest option on restaurant menus. Eating mindlessly just doesn't happen anymore.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

I stopped waking up in the middle of the night choking on my own acid reflux vomit.

That alone is enough to keep me from ever going back. I cannot BELIEVE I was willing to live with that for so long.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote