Old 12-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #61  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I guess these threads always amaze me at the number of fast fooders. I guess I always felt guilty when grocery shopping and I was getting ice cream. I'd always get something else so it didn't look like I was just at the grocery store just to get ice cream. It was also worse if I was buying tampons too at the same time. I didn't want someone to think I was major PMSing so I'd have to actually buy some more groceries.

I was also a major mono eater like I'd buy cans of olives, pineapples, bags of fruit, etc and then I'd eat just that. Throughout college, one of my favorite meals was canned pineapple. I could go through a couple cans. I'd also eat a can of olives as a meal.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #62  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I have similar experiences to these... and they were not rare instances, they were quite frequent.. I just can't get into specifics... too - uncomfortable..not to share here with you guys, but for myself...

I was just thinking though.. a little of something was never sufficient - it had to be a LOT of it... I guess that's why for me when I was developing my plan, I knew right away that everything in moderation would never, ever work.. hence why I had to ban many foods... quantity was/is very important to me... interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txalupa View Post
Big macs, whole package of Kraft Mac n Cheese, Funfetti cake mix in cupcake form, huge fluffy white bagels, coca-cola classic, betty crocker brownies

God Bless America.
You said it....

Last edited by rockinrobin; 12-06-2010 at 09:16 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #63  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
I guess these threads always amaze me at the number of fast fooders.
I've done some soul-searching while reading this thread, and find that weirdly enough, I'm not one of them. If it's got a brand name in front of it, it doesn't have any particular allure for me during my binges.

Candy, cookies, cake, home-made stuff, yeah, but not fast food. Not salt & grease. It's gotta be carbs & sugar.

But the food doesn't have to be unhealthy for me to overdo it wildly. As I learned many years ago, I'm perfectly capable of bingeing on food considered healthy or whole foods: During one part of my life, I have binged to the point of making myself ill on Medjool dates; on loaves of home-made whole wheat bread; many, many times on trail mix, high-end & healthy, like Trader Joe's, not the cheap stuff; on raisins & cheddar cheese; and on honey & molasses spooned straight out of the jar.

This is why, even if I never set foot in a fast-food restaurant or walk down the cookie or cereal aisle of my grocery store again, I am still at risk.

It's a behavior of mine, and has only a slight connection with the "engineering" of fast food or junk food.

Banning one food leads me to seek out another instead.

But I like your term "mono-eater" because that describes my crazes for a very particular food eaten repeatedly. I always figured it was an aspect of my OCD.

Last edited by saef; 12-06-2010 at 10:48 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:50 AM   #64  
no gravity!

S/C/G: 301.5/185/150

This is all before I was diagnosed with attention deficit disorder. One of the symptoms of the inattentive type is excessive hunger without the ability to feel full. The amount I could eat before I started medication is truly incredible. I haven't been able to eat like this for a while now but here are some of the reasons I got up to 300lbs.

-2 egg mcmuffins, 3 sausage biscuits with cheese, 2 hashbrowns.
-A whole box of mac and cheese plus I'd mix in a can of peas and some ground beef.
-A double quarter pounder (sometimes two), large fries, and a 10 piece nuggets from mcd's.
-A large pizza with everything.
-Three large sides from Boston Market which are about 16oz each.
-A whole sandwich from Panera Bread and soup in a bread bowl (both giant and meals by themselves).
moon safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 189/144/104

Height: 5'1"

I used to only eat fastfood... and like some people here, I'd pretend to be buying for 2-3 people. I'd also get my favorite food from different joints - double cheeseburger from McDonalds, original chicken from KFC, spicy chicken sandwich from burger king, etc. and eat them all as ONE meal.

I remember one new years eve when I bought a family meal (medium supreme pizza, 8 pcs chicken nuggets, 2 plates of pasta, 4-pcs bbq chicken and a liter of coke) and ate it all by myself.

I ate a half-gallon ice cream in one sitting because I didn't have a freezer.

Sometimes I'd eat to the point of vomiting and I don't even take time to chew my food... I eat really fast. It's even worse because I'd eat anything - junkfood, fastfood, sweets, carbs, etc.

I'm lucky that I had this lifestyle for one year and never went over 200 lbs.
brokengently is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:18 AM   #66  
Medifasting since 5/13/10

S/C/G: 235/???/135

Height: 5'4"

I was never one to live solely off of fast food, or sneak/hide food from my family so they wouldn't know I was overeating (sadly, my sister does this...I know because I've snooped for candy when I would have late night cravings). I gained a lot of weight in college, after I turned 21, and in grad school, where there's always a ton of free, unhealthy food and liquor and I overate because everyone else overate.

But, these were some of my favorites:
~Five Guys double bacon cheeseburgers + large fries
~followed by a slice of cheesecake or a bag of sour candy
~an entire frozen pizza...convinced myself I was having two meals if I took an hour break in between halves
~an entire box of Oh's cereal...I'll never know why because they're so hard and always tore apart the top of my mouth...but I couldn't/wouldn't stop myself
~a cinnabun as an afternoon snack
~a pint of ice cream instead of eating a real meal
BarristerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 AM   #67  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

99% of what i overate is just stuff from the grocery store too. i've recently realized that i can't eat or drink a large amount of anything. large glass of water? 32oz? i used to chug that, or several. now? one sip at a time. i just can't handle it.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:44 AM   #68  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i'm a mono eater too. if i made a rule that i could only eat in front of people that pay attention, like my bf, i would probably survive on universe juice LOL! kids don't count, they don't notice anything.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:55 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

My favorite drunk meal used to be a DOUBLE quarter pounder (yes, a 1/2 pounder) from Mickey D's w/ large fries and a large coke to wash it down. I would be about to pop by the time I was done, but I'd still eat it all. BLECH!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

my best friend and i would eat HORRIBLY just god awful
our own medium pizzas
everything supersized at the fast food joint
sooo much chinese food
go to the store get candy and chips for the movie
3 tacos and a cheesy fiesta potato
-the horrible thing was that i was weighing in at 250 and she weighed 110. but she would eat and be just as active as myself, we did everything together. I think there were maybe 2 hours of the day we weren't together, so i know she wasn't purging. I just never understood that...THEN i got the message about my hypothyroidism. haha. but still i can't believe we used to eat that much, and seeing a girl her size eat that too made me think it was okay. The sad thing is, i could still throw all that down. and sometimes i really want to. A lot of people say it is a emotional thing...and it is...but it is also a physical pleasure for me. I LOVE the way pizza tastes. and i just don't want to stop eating it!
brianalee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I knew from an early age that I would eat an entire package of cookies at one sitting, or a bag of chips, so even at my heaviest, I just didn't have those things in the house. If there was a party or some occasion to be confronted with a box of Oreos, I would eat a LOT of Oreos, two at a time. Just going back and getting more. I was also a food sneaker. If there was a box of donuts at work, I would take 2. Then, go back stealthily and get more throughout the day. Leftover birthday cake in the break room? I'd have one piece with the group and probably go back and snag 2 more in private. Same with candy on someone's desk, I'd make little runs throughout the day.

I was heavy, because I just ate a lot of bad foods every day. I never ate a ton of fast food (maybe once a week), I rarely bought candy bars and I never liked soda (gives me the hiccups), so those really weren't my vices. But this is a very typical day for me when I was at my heaviest.

B - huge muffin, venti caramel frappucino with whipped cream (full fat milk)

L - The place I worked had an awesome cafeteria. I used to love to get the calzones. I would eat a big calzone for lunch, almost every day. My coworkers would go to Qdoba a lot, I would get the fully loaded nachos and eat the whole thing.

S - bag of yogurt pretzels or M&Ms from the vending machine. There were free soft drinks at work, and very very rarely, I'd have a root beer.

S - the coffee shop at my work had a "buy one pastry get one free" after 4. I would buy 2 pastries (to eat one tomorrow). I would eat both pastries and probably get another venti caramel frappucino.

D - My boyfriend at the time was a pretty good cook and a vegetarian. Still, a common dinner was a HUGE plate of pasta with home made sauce. We would eat most of loaf of sour dough bread with the pasta (I would have 5-6 slices)

S - big bowl of ice cream, chocolate sauce

Seriously. Every day, I ate just like that. I don't even know how many calories - 4K?

Last edited by Glory87; 12-07-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
Oh man... I had some doozies.

~Eating a supersized Big Mac Meal was one of mine too, only I'd order a large mcnuggets to go along with it. I'd also order a 20pc nuggets (when they had those, not sure if they do anymore) a large fry, regular coke (or chocolate milkshake) and eat it on the way home, only to have dinner an hour or so later. If I ordered the chocolate milkshake, I'd dip my fries in it. I'd always order 2 or more drinks so they wouldn't think all the food was my own, or I'd speak out loud and say, "What was it that she/he wanted? Oh yeah..." >.< They probably thought I was nuts.

~I used Miracle Whip (fake mayo stuff/salad dressing) as dipping sauce for my french fries. I'd also mix mayo and that sweet and sour sauce from McD's and dip my fries in it, put some on my cheeseburger AND dip my cheeseburger in it.
I did both of these fairly often. At fast food restaurants I would get take out and order enough food to feed a couple of people (two value meals, or several burgers) and always make sure I got two sodas or pretended to be trying to remember someone else's order. I was terribly ashamed of all the food I was eating, but apparently not quite ashamed enough to stop me from ordering it. I also made sure I always had a bottle of mayo at home in which to dip my two orders of fries, and this was the full fat real mayo.

Saturdays were a favorite day of mine. I would order take out as soon as the pizza place opened, around noon. My standard order was a large pizza of some variety, an appetizer or two (a couple of orders of wings, usually), two pieces of chocolate cake (with extra whip cream), and several cans of soda. The order easily came to $60. I would then sit on my couch all day watching TV and playing computer games, eating my way through all the food I'd ordered. I don't think I ever got through ALL of it, but I came pretty dang close, and if I was too stuffed for the chocolate cake... well, I just ate it the next morning.

Honestly, I'm amazed and appalled that I did that, and am surprised I wasn't having massive health issues.
Katheryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #73  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

I had to join after reading all these. I identify with so many!

I used to eat out 6-7 days a week for 1- 2 meals each day when I was in my late teens/early 20's. After we had kids, we'd eat out like 4 times a week while I was in grad school. My poor kids

One of my most vivid memory was before we had kids. We were eating Long John's (fried fish/chicken) dipped in vinegar along with the fries. Then we'd polish it off with a large blizzard each. We did this several times and every.single.time make a comment about how the blizzards tasted like dirt and was disgusting because of the vinegar, yet we'd continue to eat it because it was ice cream.

While dating, we'd also regularly eat out, then go to Cold Stone Creamery (like 4 times a week). We'd go to Olive Garden, and order Fettuccine Al Fredo, + dipping sauces, eat like 5 baskets of bread etc., then go to Fridays the next day, Red Lobster, go to the movies, order lots of candy, popcorn, soda.....

We also did the multiple food runs--I like McDonald's chicken sandwiches, but want Wendy's fries etc

I can't imagine eating a large blizzard ever again, let alone after eating all that nasty greasy food. (Now a small one as a special treat after being good all month is a different story lol!!!) It must have been close to 2000-2500 cals in one sitting. It's a miracle that my highest (non pregnancy) weight wasn't higher. The only thing stopping me from getting bigger was I only liked fast food, was picky, and it was $$$$, so I'd just not eat until it was time to go out. At the time, I'd rather be hungry that eat regular wholesome food. My diet was literally 95% fast food/restaurant food for years so sad

Last edited by pinkflower; 12-07-2010 at 11:24 AM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #74  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
I've done some soul-searching while reading this thread, and find that weirdly enough, I'm not one of them. If it's got a brand name in front of it, it doesn't have any particular allure for me during my binges.

Candy, cookies, cake, home-made stuff, yeah, but not fast food. Not salt & grease. It's gotta be carbs & sugar.

But the food doesn't have to be unhealthy for me to overdo it wildly. As I learned many years ago, I'm perfectly capable of bingeing on food considered healthy or whole foods: During one part of my life, I have binged to the point of making myself ill on Medjool dates; on loaves of home-made whole wheat bread; many, many times on trail mix, high-end & healthy, like Trader Joe's, not the cheap stuff; on raisins & cheddar cheese; and on honey & molasses spooned straight out of the jar.

This is why, even if I never set foot in a fast-food restaurant or walk down the cookie or cereal aisle of my grocery store again, I am still at risk.

It's a behavior of mine, and has only a slight connection with the "engineering" of fast food or junk food.

Banning one food leads me to seek out another instead.

But I like your term "mono-eater" because that describes my crazes for a very particular food eaten repeatedly. I always figured it was an aspect of my OCD.
Yeah, I think we are somewhat similar. I also had the thing where I thought buying a canister of dates from Costco was a good idea. It was not a good idea. It is basically like if I start eating a food, I don't stop until it is gone.

I could probably also count on my fingers the number of times I've eaten fast food as it has been a pretty rare thing in my life. The number of times I've eaten fast food by my choice probably amounts to 2 or 3 times in my life.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #75  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

I can remember the day in my middle school years, where a group of my friends & I went to the mall without parents.

We went to the food court and ordered a slice of pizza AND got an order of french fries. We knew it was "wrong" but it was so cool to PICK what we wanted to eat.

My friends were not overweight, I was. I loved that I had friends to pig out with. It made it seem OK.

I had been sneaking food for a long time. Always wanting more food, more food, more food.

Then in high school, my best friend & I would go on food runs and I was amazed that there was someone that wanted to eat the bad food that I wanted to eat, and would actually do it. We'd go to Roselyn's bakery and get cookies that were weighed by the pound and wrapped up in little white boxes with white string. We'd go to White Castle and get multiple hamburgers and eat until we couldn't. We'd order pizza delivery late at night. Eat McDonald's french fries while cruising around the neighborhoods. We'd POUR salt on everything.

Then I met my future husband, who was underweight, but could eat like a monster. We'd take bags of McDonald's hamburgers into the movies, go out to eat EVERY time we saw each other.

Food & Friends = HAPPINESS for me.

I still desire these things. They are in my head as happy things. I should feel HAPPY when I eat them. However, I am trying to associate new feelings with food. A constant struggle...

Last edited by dewdrop1970; 12-07-2010 at 03:45 PM.
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote