Old 12-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #16  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh and pop...2-3 full sugar sodas per day and that was all I would drink because I knew better than to drink any more than that. No water, just pop.

Haven't had one sip in over a year! Actually that's not true! LOL! Just this Friday I did indeed have exactly one sip. We were at a function and my son was getting me my requested water but my husband and two boys each had a Pepsi sitting in front of them and I was both thirsty and curious so I snagged a sip from DH. I was completely struck by how SPICY it was! When my children were little they weren't allowed to have pop at all except on very special occasions, which is still the rule, only slightly relaxed. They used to complain that it was too "spicy" and I didn't understand. Now I do!

Last edited by Eliana; 12-05-2010 at 11:26 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Sadly, ditto to just about everything everyone has posted. But, I wouldn't eat it all at one sitting, I'd spread it throughout the day. That way I tricked myself into thinking I wasn't eating that much.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #18  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

- I'd eat a bag of Flaming Hot cheetos and about a quart of milk as dinner
- Long John Silvers - 2 pieces fish, 3 chicken, coleslaw, half a dozen hushpuppies - all of it soaked in vinegar, eaten with ketchup and coleslaw
- McDonalds - meals were all accompanied by an extra breakfast sandwich or 2 apple pies and real coke (including breakfast)
- I'd never have one doughnut or one bagel, always two or three. Bagels were loaded with heaps and heaps of cream cheese
- I'd also eat an entire box of macaroni and cheese in one shot
- Takeout/Fast food for lunch and dinner some days
- Takeout Sourdough french toast with strawberries (in heavy sugar syrup) and whipped cream for breakfasts...from the local greasy spoon
- A pancake recipe designed to serve 3 would be eaten in one sitting

spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 181/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

I used to consider Red Bull and a pint of Ben & Jerry's brain food while studying! I would just sit at my desk eating ice cream right out of the carton!
coffeebean267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #20  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

and of course, I've done the whole Miranda (SatC) and the chocolate cake in the bin thing so many times! When I throw food out now, I pour bleach on it, because I know that when the madness strikes, I can just cut off the bit with ketchup on. ....
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

I was just thinking about Succotash the other day. I would aute onions and lima beans and corn and add a stick of butter... and think I was feeding my family a good vegetable dish for dinner. I wanted to make a "healthy" succotash the other day but decided I would miss the stick of butter too much!
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 319/314/200

Height: 6-3

Great thread, Lottie. I'm a little embarrassed to contribute, since this was my lifestyle as recently as two weeks ago. But, my five worst habits:

1. Easily the worst thing I ever did...on one particularly depressing day, I once consumed nearly a dozen freshly made Krispy Kreme doughnuts with nearly a half gallon of milk. I think I made it to 10 1/2 doughnuts. Maybe 11. I don't think I've ever been so disgusted with myself. I'll remember that one for the rest of my life.

2. Eating a large family size bag of corn chips with TWO cans of Frito Lay jalapeno cheese dip, one 20 oz. soda, and one pint of ice cream. This was consumed for dinner at least once a week. Sometimes more.

3. Countless late night binges on whatever I was craving. Two massive Chipotle burritos...or...a family size nine piece dinner of Popeyes Chicken (with sides and buscuits)...or...two Whoppers with cheese, plus large onion rings and a large soda....or...three tacos and three nacho supremes from taco bell...or a large pizza from whatever pizza place I craved. And almost all of this would be accompanied by soda and then a pint of ice cream a few hours later.

4. Two entrees from PF Changs (to-go, of course...with two sets of utensils so I could kid myself into thinking the to-go server would think it was for two people), washed down by one or two 20 oz sodas, and a pint of ice cream.

5. Delivery orders that often reached $40...chinese, italian, thai, american...you name it, I ordered it at some point. I'd rarely eat the entire order, but I came close...a lot.

Wow. Just a horrible, awful, death-in-waiting lifestyle. I'm only a week into my life change, but so happy I can admit the awful things I did in this forum. And so happy I am moving away from the guilt-ridden binge eating.

Last edited by DroppingPounds; 12-05-2010 at 12:17 PM.
DroppingPounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

This IS a great thread. I really thought I was the exception to the rule. I didn't think anybody else ate the way I did.

I used to....

Go through Mc'd's drive through and order 2 breakfast sandwiches (whichever was on sale) and I would tell myself that the people waiting on me would think it was for me and someone else. Then I would eat one on the way to work and one when I got to work so it would like at work like I only had one.

Then for lunch, I would go out with friends, always ordering cheeseburgers and french fries... almost every day.

Then for supper... it would be the chinese buffet, or another big cheeseburger and fries, on the rare occasions that we did cook at home, it would be cheeseburgers and fried potatoes and mac and cheese... AND rolls.

Then ... and this is the most embarrassing. EVERY night. I would stop or have my DH stop and get a king size hershey bar, and a movie size box of candy (usually gobstobbers). I'd get home .. plop down on the couch with all my candy and drinks for the night and I'd eat until it was gone.

Never any exercise... at all.

Somehow... even though I was eating this way.... I still felt in my mind that I didn't eat that much. I can remember having conversations with my best friend and telling her I didn't understand why I was so big because I eat like a "normal" person... She agreed with me... which helped me lie to myself.

Sometimes truthfully... I miss the cheeseburgers, and the candy. But... I'm not hungry. Missing them is a mental thing for me. It's just food. It should be looked at as nourishment... not a best friend.
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #24  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Something that was common with me was to:

Go to a bakery and buy a loaf of french bread (sometimes other bread but french was common) and buy a container of brie. That would be my dinner. I wouldn't eat the whole loaf but I'd eat a lot of it.

Another thing I used to buy was Dreyer's cookies n cream ice cream. Again, I wouldn't eat the whole thing in one sitting but I'd make it my dinner and I'd eat quite a bit.

It didn't happen too often but I'd also buy a bag of reese's minis and eat a bag within a couple days.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

When I was near a Krispy Creme, Which thankfully wasn't often. I would buy two boxes(Its a bargain right?) I would finish 3-4 doughnuts before I got out of the parking lot. Then I would need to finish the box before I went home or whatever so I could take the whole box in to share. Which means I would probably eat about six doughnuts that I didn't want and would be practically gagging on... Why didn't I just throw them away??? But I wouldn't want to waste food.
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Oh yeah, I did a lot of crazy stuff too. For awhile, about 4x a week I would go to McDonald's at 2:30 before I had to pick the kids up from school and get a super size Big Mac meal and 3 cookies as a SNACK between lunch and dinner.

And a common "dessert" for me was eating a batch of raw brownie batter.

Last edited by Lyn2007; 12-05-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:28 PM   #27  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

You know those strawberry, chocolate & vanilla sugar wafer cookies that are sold in big, square packages, shaped sort of like bricks? I'm talking about the really cheap ones. Yes, these right here:

I could go through an entire package in one afternoon at my laptop, while working on a long project, and that would be my lunch. And then I'd drive out to the grocery store to get another one to eat that night, after dinner.

During long projects, I'd fixate on foods like that. The foods changed. Another time it was Jelly Bellys. And the time before that, peanut M&Ms. And before that, Hershey's Symphony bars. And before that, orange frosted pecans from Sunnyland Farms. And before that, Kraft caramels. And before that, those cylindrical caramels with different fillings, kind of like a jelly roll, in metallic wrappers, called Royals.

Some sweet food would obsess me & I would use it to get through a difficult project or a tension-filled time in my life & I would eat it in enormous quantities in just a few hours, though usually in the afternoons, while alone & fretting & ostensibly getting something else done.

All I know is, whenever I fixated on that food, I could never get enough. I had to be able to have more & more & more, like being hooked up to an IV drip with morphine or some other drug in it.

Last edited by saef; 12-05-2010 at 04:29 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #28  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

I still almost chuckle when I drive by a McDonald's close to a Dairy Queen. My weekends would be go run errands, then go to McDs get the double cheeseburger on the dollar menu, and a medium fries and a diet coke. Then drive on over to DQ for a medium Reeses PB cup blizzard. Repeat on Sunday. Repeat EVERY weekend, not even kidding. Went on for a year at least. WOW I can't believe I'm not DEAD!!!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:22 PM   #29  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Ooh, some of this stuff looks SO familiar!

Forgot another one that I'd do sometimes, but I'll bet I'm not alone in having done it: "Hmm, I want a Whopper and some onion rings, but I really like McDonalds' snack wraps and fries. I'll go to BOTH places!" And that's exactly what I would do. I'd sort of tuck the competitor's bag behind my purse or on the floorboard of my car because I didn't want the person at the second FF place to see the other bag.

What did I think would happen? Would the guy at Mickey D's yell at me for "cheating" on them with BK? I have to laugh at myself and just who I thought I was fooling anyway.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #30  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

I see that eating a whole box of mac and cheese was a common one, and I used to do it too. And then I wouldn't even be kind of full.

I used to eat three packages of ramen noodles, which is like 1500 calories, and again, not actually filling.

I had a serious problem with Taco Bell until the one across the street from me closed in July. Now there isn't one near me and I like to think I wouldn't want it if there were...
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote