Old 12-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #121  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyo5278 View Post
I completed week 4 yesterday and start week 5 tomorrow. I feel prepared and anxious, but I am going to try and remain focused.
Right on, Daddyo. We are about at the same place. It is easier than you think. I put my speed down 2 mph and had no problem finishing, but I was sweating like crazy at the end. I still have two days left of week 4. Congrats on the weight loss as well. That's awesome! We can do this!

Last edited by Jojo381972; 12-05-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #122  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyo View Post
I had every intention of starting the day (night) I posted, unfortunately life had other plans. I have arthritis in 1 knee and ligament issues in the other that bother me occasionally, also when I do a lot of walking every day I have terrible pain in the top of my feet. I know the weight has a lot to do with my feet/leg problems and usually push through the pain, but with several days of walking almost all day last week (no car, no choice..lol) it was all I could do just to hobble around the house at night doing the "Mom thing"

This has been written in my goal journal though and I WILL do it as soon as I can!

Cathy
Aw, just keep walking when you can, and I'm sure you will do it as soon as you can. If not, then there are so many other types of cardio out there that is better for your joints.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

Week 6 Day 2 - DONE! I got hit with a major case of the downers yesterday, and was still feeling pretty bad this morning. I got on the treadmill though, and by the end of my run, I felt much better. Oh, and I do believe it's bye bye intervals for me! Kinda scary!
justErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #124  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Great Job Erin! Way to work through. Good luck with week 7.
Kathy O Hang in there! You will get it!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumbleworts View Post
Did Day 3 of Week 2. I think I might even be able to do Week 3 next week! My biggest problem right now is that I'll have to do 2 days back to back. Is that a bad idea? I'm going out of town Friday after work, so I won't be able to get to the gym this weekend.

I know the program says to skip a day, but maybe see how you feel for day 2. You can always take it slower, so you aren't risking hurting anything. If you need to take a little longer than a week on Week 3, no issues at all with that!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #126  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdander24 View Post
JustErin: That is fantastic!!! Thats really great. I can't wait to get there. I just finished Day 2, week 1. I forgot how much of a lift you get from doing this. I will be looking forward to week 5
You will get there, and it will be awesome! And not only is this a great self-esteem builder, it's a great lesson in patience, and persistence, too!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #127  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyo View Post
I had every intention of starting the day (night) I posted, unfortunately life had other plans. I have arthritis in 1 knee and ligament issues in the other that bother me occasionally, also when I do a lot of walking every day I have terrible pain in the top of my feet. I know the weight has a lot to do with my feet/leg problems and usually push through the pain, but with several days of walking almost all day last week (no car, no choice..lol) it was all I could do just to hobble around the house at night doing the "Mom thing"

This has been written in my goal journal though and I WILL do it as soon as I can!

Cathy

Cathy - You do what you can to make it work for you! Maybe your version of the C25k is that you walk during the walks, and do a brisk pace during the runs. Waiting until you are more physically able is okay, too. We will be here, no matter what you decide!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 308/ticker/210

Height: 5'11

completed 5.2 today, I think I am finding my stride. I start out around 4.5 MPH and then kick it up to 5 Mph when I feel loose. Finally during the last minute I go all out at 6 MPH. The only thing I dont like is that on an elliptical it feels as if I am having to push the machine a little more than I would like as opposed to just running on the ground. I think once I complete this program I may try and see what 5k around the local high school track feels like.
Daddyo5278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #129  
Back at It!

That's a great speed you got going on, Daddyo. I agree with you that I'd like to try running outside, but I know that won't be till around March for me. The weather is snowy and cold here. Keep it up!

--
I completed day 2 of week 4 yesterday. I felt pretty strong, but I noticed it a bit tougher because I didn't work out at my normal time. It is amazing just how much having a routine helps in running. I can't wait to start week 5 this weekend.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyo5278 View Post
completed 5.2 today, I think I am finding my stride. I start out around 4.5 MPH and then kick it up to 5 Mph when I feel loose. Finally during the last minute I go all out at 6 MPH. The only thing I dont like is that on an elliptical it feels as if I am having to push the machine a little more than I would like as opposed to just running on the ground. I think once I complete this program I may try and see what 5k around the local high school track feels like.
Sweet! I never feel coordinated enough on the elliptical to do my C25k workout there. I have to get in stride like you say, and I feel like my arms or legs are always playing catch up to the other. Ah well, to each his own! Glad it's working so well for you.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:32 PM   #131  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo381972 View Post
That's a great speed you got going on, Daddyo. I agree with you that I'd like to try running outside, but I know that won't be till around March for me. The weather is snowy and cold here. Keep it up!

--
I completed day 2 of week 4 yesterday. I felt pretty strong, but I noticed it a bit tougher because I didn't work out at my normal time. It is amazing just how much having a routine helps in running. I can't wait to start week 5 this weekend.
I am with you on waiting for the warmer weather to run outside! I won't see the ground again until May, late late April if we are lucky! I am hoping to run outside when we got home for Christmas though. It should be warmer there, and you never know about the snow!

Routine is huge for me with the running. I've done one run 4 hours later than my normal time, and I thought I was gonna throw up. It was awful. I need at least an hour or so after breakfast, and then I am good to go. Glad you pushed through though!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #132  

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I did it! Week 6 Day 3 - 25 minutes of running! 0 minutes of walking! I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!!!!!!!! No more intervals here - they are ALL runs from now on. I finally feel like I can say I am truly a runner. I am so amazed at everything I have done! I ran 1.99 miles in 35 minutes for a 17:35 pace. That's a new personal record for me for distance and pace! I am so HAPPY!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

just Erin - That's AWESOME!!!!

Everyone is doing so well!!!!

I started Week 3 on Monday, got almost to the end and just couldn't do that last minute of running. But today I did the whole thing. WOOO! (It almost killed me, but still!) I was so impressed with myself when I thought about how much I'd progressed from the one minute intervals that I thought would do me in to now.

I'm debating going again tomorrow and at least doing part of it. We'll see. lots of things to get done tomorrow, before I leave. But I will be doing a lot of walking on Saturday at the craft show, so that's a plus.

Yay Everyone!
Grumbleworts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 308/ticker/210

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by justErin View Post
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I did it! Week 6 Day 3 - 25 minutes of running! 0 minutes of walking! I DID IT I DID IT I DID IT!!!!!!!! No more intervals here - they are ALL runs from now on. I finally feel like I can say I am truly a runner. I am so amazed at everything I have done! I ran 1.99 miles in 35 minutes for a 17:35 pace. That's a new personal record for me for distance and pace! I am so HAPPY!!!

Good job erin, I finished 5.3 today 20 min of running w/ no breaks! I ran hard for the last min. my pace was down a little (4.7 mph) but i felt it was a good pace.
Daddyo5278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #135  
Back at It!

^That's still a great pace. Im' only doing 4.2km right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justErin View Post
Awesome job!

--
I just finished day 3 of week four, and now on to week five in a few days!
I felt good today, and look forward to moving on to the next week.