3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   bought a "goal" dress (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/216731-bought-goal-dress.html)

ubergirl 11-06-2010 11:16 PM

bought a "goal" dress

Well, for those who know uber, you know I've been struggling of late. Hanging on to my loss, but definitely not losing.

On big change for me has been that all of my clothes fit. I got rid of almost all of my too big clothes and haven't dropped a size (or a pound) since early August....

So... I went shopping today (I have no winter clothes since I was still up in the twenties last winter. Found a gorgeous red wool sheath dress with a narrow black belt on sale. The kind of thing I would have drooled to wear back when I was morbidly obese. It's a size 14, which I normally can wear, but since this was wool and fitted, it was just a little snug. I'll need to lose another ten pounds to make the dress fit.

I've been feeling so stuck and desperate lately-- not coping well with stress after a bunch of major life upheavals-- but suddenly it seems doable to lose another ten pounds to get into the dress. (it fits now, but I don't think I'd wear it until I drop the ten.):carrot::carrot::carrot:

calluna 11-06-2010 11:29 PM

Good for you, uber!!! You'll take a pic when it fits, won't you? :D

Rosinante 11-07-2010 02:05 AM

Excellent! It's good to hear all your determination and confidence back!

starbrite 11-07-2010 03:47 AM

Go , Go ! Goal dresses are sooo inspiring. You can do it - you have come so far, and now you can go the extra mile. Sending you positive thoughts !

findingfawn 11-07-2010 08:14 AM

Awesome... now put yesterday behind you and get your butt into that dress!!

CourtneyDaisey 11-07-2010 08:28 AM

It's great to have goal clothes! I have a pair of mini goal pants in a size 16W that once another 10 pounds are gone will fit perfectly. I am looking forward to wearing those! Definitely take a pic when you lose that ten and fit right into that dress! :)

Eliana 11-07-2010 08:32 AM

This is one of my favorite things to do. I felt like I was in a slump so I hit the thrift store with the intention of buying a few things that fit (because I'm sorely lacking) but mostly to buy things that are too small. I succeeded. :rolleyes: I could have used a few more items that actually fit. LOL! But I find it very motivation to be able to try on clothes that are too small and eventually get into them.

Ciao 11-07-2010 09:34 AM

Teresa66 11-07-2010 11:17 AM

I think having goal clothes that are attainable is a great idea. I recently dug out some things from my "thin" clothes that are packed away and hung them up in my closet so I see them everyday. They are the next size down so that I know it won't be long before they will fit, and then I'll dig out a few more in the next size. I can't wait till the day my "thin" clothes are baggy and I get to buy all new stuff!

Jojo381972 11-07-2010 12:47 PM

What a fab idea and so motivating to have a goal dress! You can do this! :)

Onederchic 11-07-2010 02:01 PM

Awesome! :D

ubergirl 11-07-2010 07:12 PM

you know, part of what has been so frustrating for me is that I did get a bunch of clothes in August-- hand me downs. There was a pair of 12s that zipped but muffin topped. I took them "knowing" I'd be into them soon, but September and October were weight loss busts. But this dress was the kind of thing that already looks pretty with a cardigan over it, but when it fits without being tight around the middle I'll know that I've really slimmed.

matt_H 11-07-2010 08:05 PM

HAHA!

This is awesome! I accidentally bought "skinny jeans" that I thought were regular fit. I can't even get them up to my butt. One of these days maybe...maybe. My goal is just to be able to button them someday. Maybe after 5 to 10 more pounds ;)

ubergirl 11-07-2010 11:19 PM

Matt! Wearing skinny jeans would be AWESOME.

Arctic Mama 11-08-2010 05:18 AM

That is a great little goal to set for yourself, and I, for one, cannot wait to see you tear it up in that cute little dress. Pictures are a must ;)

I have a size 24 goal dress from years ago, it is a little black and grey pinstripe cocktail dress that never goes out of style, and the last time it fit was 2003 or so. I imagine it will fit again around 180-190 pounds and I am just itching to get there and have that sucker fit. It looked so flattering and adorable on my frame, I know that seeing myself in it again will mentally solidify that I am not 'that' obese woman any longer. Here's to shedding the weight for our dresses!