Old 11-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #1  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Default More family drama.....I need some positive vibes plz.

Okay so in the last few days my mom has gone completely insane. My step dad had found a suicide note she had written. She has been vaguely suicidal for a long time, esp the last 4 months, but never written a note.

Then they had a fight, he left, he came back a day or two later and she had destroyed everything in the house, they fought again, he called the cops, they took her away, my gpa bailed her out, then she went to my gparents house.

Then, she broke her cell phone and left. No one knows where she is.

She has credit cards on her, but my sister is watching for activity and there is none yet.

She had said a few weeks ago that when she's suicidal she lays pics of me and my sister out on the bed. That we are the only reason she hasn't killed herself.

But the other night all of us were fighting and she called and told my sister seh was disowning her, and we hadn't talked since I told her I was done dealing with her after she tried so hard to turn me and my sister against each other.

I was trying to go to work today, but I am falling apart so I called off.

I am hurting so bad.

Not turning to food though, just had a high protein breakfast in hopes of keeping the evil carb cravings away.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #2  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to give you a and say I hope things get resolved soon. And good job for not turning to food for comfort.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #3  
Patience Grasshopper

S/C/G: 213/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6

Oh Lottie! I'm so sorry this is happening! Please take care of yourself, and remember that it will get better! I promise you this
chubbyhipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh goodness girl, I wish Pitt wasn't 6 hours away! You could definately use a friend or two right now!

You are in my thoughts for sure, and I'm sending you many happy positive thoughts
findingfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:01 PM   #5  
Bear Down..Lost 38 in '10

S/C/G: 260.0/219.4/113.0

Height: 5'

hang in there...thoughs and prayers for you and yours
gottadoit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #6  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #7  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Sending good, warm thoughts your way. I have a *very* similar mother, and her behavior absolutely sickens me.. but what can you do..? Constantly damned if you do, damned if you don't - and it's so infuriating.. I hope you get good news soon <3
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 332/270/160

Height: 5"7'

I so sorry Lottie. Lot's of Hugs going your way!! I wish I had some advice or words of wisdom but I don't , I suck at handling family issues. I'll keep you in my thoughts today.
SnowboundChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I've been through such similar situations with my own mother so many times over. I know how awful the feelings are that overwhelm you - the anger, the guilt, the frustration, the sadness and the profound worry.

Whatever your mother does or doesn't do is not because of anything you or your sister have done nor is it because of anything you didn't do. She's ill and she needs help. You can't fix her and eating yourself sick is not going to make her better so stay strong and remember to take care of you.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I'm very sorry you're going through this.

I hope you get some good news about her soon.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

My thoughts and prayers are with you. And hugs galore -

I am sending good thoughts for a happy resolution to the situation. Feel it?
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #12  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Wow, as a person that has worked in the Mental Health field for so long, I just want to say that you can send her to the hospital and go with her even, get her in there and get a psychiatric evaluated. When she is iminent harm of self she should have a safe place to be in order to get stable. Medications, therapy, support....I'm sure you know the deal. I would make a phone call to police and file a missing persons report. Get her name out there and get her home and actions started to get her some help. I'll say a prayer for you all. Stay Strong!
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Thinking of you.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #14  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Thanks, I had called the hospital months ago when this was just starting out. I even talked to a mental health advocacy thing and they said only my step dad could commit her. (or the hospital or police) but he had plenty of opportunities. she was in there just this past weekend and he HAD her suicide note, and did not commit her and then is telling my sister he is going to sue the hospital if she dies, because they did nothing to help WTF?! He is such a pos.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #15  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottie63 View Post
Thanks, I had called the hospital months ago when this was just starting out. I even talked to a mental health advocacy thing and they said only my step dad could commit her. (or the hospital or police) but he had plenty of opportunities. she was in there just this past weekend and he HAD her suicide note, and did not commit her and then is telling my sister he is going to sue the hospital if she dies, because they did nothing to help WTF?! He is such a pos.
Research this more, with the law (like you said police) they have to protect people that can not protect themselves, the 'hospital or attending pyschologist' can and should admit her to the mental health unit for stabilization. I dont understand why he would bring her up there / with the note and then go home? Why even go in the first place? I just dont understand why he wasted his time then. I would INSIST that there be an eval completed and if your mother wants help, she should admit herself. Thats why I said...if you were there with her she will do it for you! She is staying alive for you, then she will do this for you. Sorry Honey, how frustrating. Plus I want to throw it out there than there are places you can go for your personal support through theses situations. You are NOT alone, there are phone numbers to call and meetings you can attend. NAMI- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill is a huge network. I'll try to find you the link, I may not be able to post it yet because I've not been her long enough but google the name and see if you can speaking with some live people about this
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote