Vodka apparantly is the DEVIL!

• So I've been losing... had made it down 17 pounds, and decided to go out drinking on Halloween night. BIG MISTAKE. I gained back 6 pounds over night and am still holding on to 3 pounds of it.... I haven't cheated eating... I haven't stopped walking.... the only thing I did differently was have about 7 diet coke and vodka's on Halloween night.

Evidently the alcohol dehydrates me to the point of extreme water retention. No more nights out like that for me at least until I reach my goal.

Very upsetting to be trying so hard and feel a stall or feel like I have done something to undermine all of my hard work.
  • Don't know about vodka's calories, but I agree it's the devil and what made me stop drinking at 21!

Chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on.
  • I'm sure you realized there would be some damage though, didn't you? Now you know exactly just how much damage can be done from drinking booze.

Quote:
    No more nights out like that for me at least until I reach my goal.
    Take heart by the fact that you've learned something very valuable.

This is by no means the end of your journey, just a little detour. You will eventually drop those Halloween night pounds and a bunch more.
  • Quote: I find vodka to be the devil for other reasons.

So now I have a love-hate relationship with whiskey.
    Are you me?
  • It's hard isn't it!? Every single thing we do shows up on the scale. Try not to worry you will get back where you were.
  • Thanks everybody I'm gonna keep forgin on...