It's been a year...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • since I fell off the wagon, and the damage that can be done in a year is shocking

Last year I was chugging along GREAT!! I had lost about 30 pounds in 12 weeks. Hubby was doing a biggest loser contest at work and since I make all of his food, I had changed the way the whole family was eating. Well then it was Halloween.. and it was raining! Our plans to take the kids out trick or treating bombed and we ended up at Walmart buying the kids bags of candy to allow them to have their own little Halloween party. What the difference in them going out and collecting the candy and me buying it is, I have no clue, but I had no will power over that candy and I fell off the wagon hard!

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get back on track! I tried in the spring when I realized I was just a pound shy of my start weight last year. I didnt even make it a day I don't think I had no desire to watch what I ate, I wanted to eat what ever I wanted, when ever I wanted and eat it in gluttonous portions if I so desired.

Well lesson learned!! I got on the scale at the beginning of last week and was only .4 lbs away from seeing a whole new "decade"!! I spent Monday and Tuesday feeling sorry for myself, being angry and then searching inside of me to see if I could find some of the root of the problem. I did realize there was something inside I hadn't thought about before, and I did some more searching and coaching myself about it all. By Wednesday I was ready for battle! I'm still working with myself on what I feel is most likely the biggest underlying issue, but I am sure as long as I keep it in my "sights" I can over come it. (The issue is a long story in itself, and I'm not sure I'm ready to share it yet.)

But anyway, I'm back!! Have been reading every day since last Monday, and don't plan on straying away this time. I need this place as much as I need to be "in touch" with myself!
  • Welcome back, I remember you! I am with you, I need this place. I look forward to your posts.
  • Hi! I remember you, I gained back about 25 lbs of the 40 I had lost, but am also just recently returning.

you can do it.
  • Squee.. Cheryl.. you are in Onederland!!! Awesome girl!!! And I love the avi pic!!

Oh Lottie, the great thing about this place is no matter how many times we fall off the wagon, and no matter how embarrassed we are to admit it to the world, we know we are always welcome here! Congrats on catching yourself.. now lets move forward together and make it the last time we have to start over!!!
  • I remember you Fawn! I was here a couple of years ago and now, 2 years and 2 babies later, I'm starting over too.

We can do it!
  • SO glad you are back!
  • Welcome back! I remember you too.
  • Gale I remember you well from the breastfeeding board!! Yes 2 babies in 2 years can do MAJOR damage (I gained 50 pounds that STUCK between my babies in a years time). We can do this!!! Our babies are worth having a mama that can move with them!!

Thank you Beverly, I have always kept your attitude of gratitude threads in my mind and still daily try to find at least 3 things I'm thankful for (not hard with my kids and hubby, but I try to go beyond them and not be "plastic" being thankful for materialistic things).

Calluna, you are doing AMAZING!! Wow.. you have to share your secrets with me!! My start weight this time around is just .4 above yours. This WILL be my last time starting over!!
  • I remember you too Fawn! Welcome back! I just came back recently too. I gained back about 15lbs. So, I am glad you are back too. We can both get back on plan together and stick it out.
  • Hi! Good to see you back here. Welcome back!!!

Quote:
    the damage that can be done in a year is shocking
    '

You know what is even more shocking and incredibly amazing to me? The GOOD that can take place in a year. I am grateful beyond belief (& astounded) about the changes the human body is capable of in just a year. I abused my body for well over 20 years, and in less then a year - it was reversed. Changed. You can be writing an entirely different post just 12 months from now.

So that being said, what's your plan? How are you going to go about this transformation? What's your strategy; your mode of attack?

Regardless, know that you CAN do this. You absolutely, positively CAN. And you should. But it is important to devise a plan. Weight loss, steady, consistent, long term, permanent weight loss can't happen without one.

I look forward to hearing of your progress.
  • Hi Asher!! I remember you too!! Lets kick some butt!!
  • Quote: Hi! Good to see you back here. Welcome back!!!

'

You know what is even more shocking and incredibly amazing to me? The GOOD that can take place in a year. I am grateful beyond belief (& astounded) about the changes the human body is capable of in just a year. You can have this totally reversed come a year from now. You can be writing an entirely different post just 12 months from now. You are SOOOO right!! I am going to bookmark this thread so that in a year I can compare it to the AWESOME post I will be able to make a year from today!!

So that being said, what's your plan? I'm counting calories again. Staying between 1200 and 1500 and s-l-o-w-l-y getting back to exercising I'm back to baby steps with that, but I'm getting there starting with WATP but dying to try Zumba and have disks sitting here to give it a go this afternoon. My kids will for sure think I have lost it!!! How are you going to go about this transformation? What's your strategy; your mode of attack? Counting calories.. I KNOW it works!! I'm not great at planning meals in advance, because life in my house never seems to happen the way it's supposed to (or at least not in my ideal time frames anyway..lol) but I have a set amount of calories for each meal and snack, and know what I can fit into them ahead of time. The house is well stocked with things I can eat that are good for me (and the rest of the family) and I can control (no big trigger foods). I'm also keeping my little "demon" in focus, so I don't let him screw me up again.

Regardless, know that you CAN do this. You absolutely, positively CAN. And you should. But it is important to devise a plan. Weight loss, steady, consistent, long term, permanent weight loss can't happen without one.

I look forward to hearing of your progress.
  • Welcome back. It's not failure if you keep on trying!
  • Thank you Caryesings
  • Welcome back