Old 10-31-2010, 12:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Default Well, I feel like I just found something out about myself!

So, the DH and I are moving in 2 weeks, so I started cleaning out things today - trying to toss trash and such... So I ventured into the bedroom with a trash bag.

I found some things that really shocked me and kind of made me glad that I was doing this alone... In old purses, book bags, drawers, stuffed in socks, hidden under papers where PILES of old candy wrappers, empty chip bags, half eaten boxes of candy... Now, I knew that I had a little bit of a thing with eating secretly but being able to pile everything that I had forgotten about months ago into a big pile and actually see it all at once was pretty shocking.

The other thing I found, in the back of my sock drawer was all of the tags I had cut out of my clothes over the years trying to hid any evidence that I was wearing a 46" bra band and XXL shirts... All hidden away so I could ignore them. No idea why I didn't throw them out to get rid of the evidence for real... probably because i didn't even want DH to see them in the trash.

All in all, pretty shocking and very interesting. Shameful eating, followed by clothing size I was also ashamed of.... Correlation much???

Wow.

Anyone else ever have these kind of experiences?
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #2  
Out is Through

Definitely.

As embarrassing as this is to admit, I had wrappers and bags of food stashed away in my old purses too..empty boxes of cookies, even hamburger wrappers all crumpled up. Heck, there was even a frosting container under my bed that my sister found x.x You're not alone =/

Yes, I'm ashamed of my behavior and how I used to live.. but the old me is gone now I'm ready to move on with my life to become a lighter and healthier person!

-Stephy

Last edited by Creeech; 10-31-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Creeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

When I went thru my bedroom drawers recently to get rid of too big clothes, I found lots of candy bar wrappers. :-(
On the bright side, I haven't had a candy bar for 6 months. :-)
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote