3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   NSV! All Alone! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/215938-nsv-all-alone.html)

SCraver 10-27-2010 09:03 PM

NSV! All Alone!

So - hubby asked me if he could go to dinner with the guys from work. Of course, I said I was fine with that. But that leaves me alone for the evening (our toddler is in bed by 7pm) which usually leads me to feel a little sad about being alone which usually leads me to eat some comforting, fattening food like bean dip with an entire bag of rice quakes... and then maybe more after... but NOT tonight! Tonight I DID GOOD. I fed my son, and prepped my dinner (a recipe I have been meaning to make all week) of "Cajun Unstuffed Cabbage". I don't care for cabbage... but this sounded like something I would like. I bathed my son, read him a book, put him to bed, sipped a glass of wine while I waited PATIENTLY for dinner to finish baking.

AND IT WAS YUMMY! And satisfying.

AND I didn't sit on the couch and feel sorry for myself... I did a load of laundry and got dishes loaded into the dish washer.

I know... I sound a little pathetic... I am not sure why I have a hard time being alone. I love my hubby. I like spending the evenings with him.

Anyways... put today down as a good day. A day where I conquered my evening issues if only for tonight.

Coondocks 10-27-2010 09:15 PM

I think that's awesome! An NSV and seems like you took a step towards conquering a fear too . . . . Bravo!!

sun 10-27-2010 09:20 PM

woo goo way to go! that is awesome..

Onederchic 10-27-2010 09:30 PM

:woohoo:

penmage 10-27-2010 09:36 PM

Way to go!

katy trail 10-27-2010 09:46 PM

totally relate to the whole being alone/feeling lonely. that's awesome, now you know you can do it again :)

Sunshine73 10-27-2010 10:08 PM

That's awesome!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!

Nikki6kidsmom 10-27-2010 11:07 PM

That is great that you stayed on plan in a time that would usually lead to a slip up , to me each time you get one under your belt it gets easier. :) Good job tonight and post that recipe it sounds interesting.

TXMary2 10-28-2010 07:03 AM

It's the little things that make a big difference! Good job!

shannonmb 10-28-2010 08:15 AM

Yay! I think it is so important to understand those times when we tend to make the wrong choices, then think of ways to NOT do it! And I wonder if you are gaining some self confidence, realizing that YOU are good company for YOU! :D

SCraver 10-28-2010 08:54 AM

Thank you all so much! You guys are so awesome!

SCraver 10-28-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikki6kidsmom (Post 3541628)
to me each time you get one under your belt it gets easier. :)

that is what I was thinking about last night... how if I could do it one night, then next time it will be a little easier. (like tonight when hubby is at class!)

doppio 10-28-2010 09:32 AM

It can be so easy to slip back into old habits when left to your own devices like that, but you stuck to your plan. So really, great job, and I hope it gets easier the next time you're alone. :>

odonnela 10-28-2010 09:46 AM

Good for you!!!! Nights are always hard for me too.
Like if hubby is gone its a license to eat...as if that makes any sense!

Eliana 10-28-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikki6kidsmom (Post 3541628)
That is great that you stayed on plan in a time that would usually lead to a slip up , to me each time you get one under your belt it gets easier. :) Good job tonight and post that recipe it sounds interesting.

Good for you, and I second Nikki's request for the recipe. ;) I love cabbage!