Old 10-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

Height: 5'6"

oh... I really like that Scraver... TODAY IS THE VERY HARDEST IT WILL EVER BE... never heard it put like that...
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #32  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmead View Post
This is really my point. She says she was literally crying, tears running down her face, as she completed the walk. That's pushing yourself too hard, IMO, if you are going to do it every day. (It's different to push yourself to that point once a week or so.) It's very likely that someone who breaks down in tears from pain will either quit or injure themselves. They aren't going to return to that point every single day. And, as you said, it's amazing how quickly one improves. If in 3 weeks she is back up to a mile and a half, it's all the same.
I agree with Shmead!! If it's THAT horrific there's no way you're going to stick with it long enough for it to become easier. Remember, your starting weight is pretty high so you can't KILL yourself right off the bat!!

i was 323 and a BLOCK was horrifying enough LOL I did that stupid fK*(&*&&*^& block every day for 2 weeks and it still wasn't 'easy' but i was breathing a bit easier, then went to 2 blocks and 3 and worked my way up. I like a challenge too, but if it's THAT insane, how can you look forward to it and do it every single day??

I'm a survivor of the "all or nothing" mentality, kicking that little b**tch to the curb saved my life What's with my potty mouth today??? geeez

When all is said and done, exercising is like going to the dentist for me - i hate it, but i know it's good for me. I DO NOT LOVE IT

Last edited by Trazey34; 10-25-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

Height: 5'6"

I think I just had a minor meltdown that day... and wearing flip flops didn't help.

Today I walked a mile... and it wasn't too bad. Still isn't easy... or fun... but I didn't cry

I think I just have pity parties for myself sometimes...
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #34  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well my dear, it's OK to feel that way sometimes. The main thing is, you don't let it make you quit completely. And it's also OK to change your plan so it's not totally hard every time.

Whichever way you decide to go, Good luck!!! You are a brave person, and I admire your willingness. Be sure to check in here! Lots of supportive folks.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:25 AM   #35  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

If walking isn't fun - try finding some nicer places to walk - enjoy the scenery and just stroll along. Whre are you walking atm?
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:42 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 214.5/see ticker/132

Height: 5'2''

I am not thinking any more about how far or how long I walk. I have got a fix "round", but it is still expandable as I see fit.
When walking I have got so many things going through my mind that I realize hardly how fast I have done my daily walk
So, it is actually now more an enjoyable 50 minutes per day, where I can be on my own, where I can enjoy the moment I have got for myself. This is really what I am looking forward every day.
beni is offline   Reply With Quote