3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   How many pounds did you lose before you went down in clothes size? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/215257-how-many-pounds-did-you-lose-before-you-went-down-clothes-size.html)

Ky30 10-19-2010 08:47 PM

How many pounds did you lose before you went down in clothes size?

Im just wondering I know everyone is different. When I was 291 I was in a VERY tight 26 pants and 3x shirt when I got down to 250 I was in a baggy 26 pants and 2x shirt I lose weight from the waist up usually first then of course I got back up to 285 grrrr and back to a fitted 26 pants and 3 x shirt. I notcied already that my 3 x stretch elastic waist jeans are starting to get a little baggy but I dont wanna buy any clothes till I am at the least a size 20 or 22

StarGetsFit 10-19-2010 08:58 PM

Well, and 259lbs I was a VERY tight 20 and a 3x shirt, I was also on the very last notch of the 3x belt and it was so tight it hurt me when I sat down for too long.

I've lost 21lbs. Now my 20's from the Avenue are loose and my 20's from Layne Bryant fit comfortably. That 3x belt has five notches. I've gone from the very last notch to the one exactly in the middle. I can get it into the fourth notch down when I've standing, but it's uncomfortable when I sit, so the middle notch for a bit longer yet.

I'm still a 3x shirt and will be for awhile as I've got ginormous knockers! But, my bras are fitting better. You see, leftie is bigger than rightie and used to flow out over the top of my bra cup, but now they both fit almost perfectly inside my bra. It just pull slightly to my left. My 3x's aren't tight acrossed the girls now though, my shirts are slightly looser.

I have a box of size 18 pants in the closet, but I haven't tried them on yet. I told myself I couldn't do that until I was 225lbs, or my 20's would literally fall off my without a belt. I really want those 18's to fit when I try them on again!

RobinD 10-19-2010 09:07 PM

Well, I've only lost 33 lbs. but most of it seems to have been from my middle; I've gone from a snug 24W to being able to get into (without heroics) my old 20Ws - all Lee relaxed non-stretch denim jeans. Two Plus sizes. In two months, and 33 lbs. We're all different. :-)

Sure did feel good to zip those up the other day though... then I started my TOM, so back in the drawer they went, lol!

Slimjem 10-19-2010 09:25 PM

I went from 260 down 35 before I really noticed any changes. Mainly my sz 22 pants were starting to fall off me. My co-workers noticed the most changes in how my clothes fit. Keep up the good work! I also have a stack os jeans sz 18 just waiting for me.

LiannaKole 10-19-2010 09:44 PM

So far I've lost about 43 lbs and I'm down only two pants sizes and one shirt size. I was a tight 16 (looser 18) and now I'm a 12. However, I'm a bit chesty and have a straighter body shape, so that may have factored in.

I'm really hoping the sizes drop faster the lower I go. We'll see.

I'm a student and can't afford to buy a lot of new clothes, so I usually wait until the things are falling off of me. I wore my 16 jeans until the fabric was literally folded over itself under the belt I used to strap them on. Then I broke down and bought a new pair. My shirts are still okay, though. I'm not sure whether to be glad or not. ;)

Smiling_Sara 10-19-2010 09:46 PM

I noticed it was about 40ish pounds for me.

dudesmom 10-19-2010 10:03 PM

I lost 37 lbs and my 22s went from being tight to falling off, but size wise, I'm only in a tight 20 now. And this is after a decent amount of inches lost too! I think it takes a while in the bigger sizes.

SunshineTater 10-19-2010 10:37 PM

At 278, I wore a 24. They fit well (for size 24s). For shirts, I usually got a 4X. I don't like anything tight. I've lost 30 lbs. I bought 3 new pair of pants that are size 20. I still like my 4X shirts, but they're getting a little ridiculous. I did buy an XXL button up shirt at Old Navy the other day. I'm too chicken to wear it yet.

Rosinante 10-20-2010 02:42 AM

At 215 (2010 re-start) I was wearing a UK26 button shirt and stretchy-waist UK20 trousers.
At 174 I'm wearing UK20 button shirts, UK18 (17 if they made it) fixed band trousers/skirts, UK14 stretchy-waist trousers.

There didn't feel to be too many new sizes in between, mainly because the stretchy things were Hyper stretched!

I know some people my weight can wear a lot smaller but I'm only 5'2", and the appliest of apples. So the boobies and the butt are not bad at all but my body lacks all concept of a waist, and I need the larger sizes in button shirts if I want to sit down without gapping!

renstwin 10-20-2010 09:17 AM

I think I lost about 30 pounds before I lost an actual size. It definitely seems like you have to lose a lot in the plus sizes to go down a whole size.