Old 10-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #16  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

starbrite I was talking to a friend the other day. I have been very overweight most of my life. I am comfortable being over weight. I know where to shop and how to shop. All of this regular sized stuff is new for me and quite scary. Don't even get me started on maintenance. Can I do this for the rest of my life? Again very scary. I don't know if I can do it. I will have to take one day at a time. A new restaurant opened up in town. I went online to look at their menu. There is nothing at that place that is in my calorie ranges, etc. Can I do this for the rest of my life? All I know, again I will have to take one day at a time. I have a lot more energy than anyone around me. I like that feeling. Starbrite, just think about all the positives you are feeling about your weight loss. Take one day at a time. If that is too overwhelming, just concentrate on your next meal or your next workout.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #17  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbrite View Post
* years ago I lost all but 30lbs of the same weight I have lost now. I then began to put it back on slowly, and ended up at 298 again. I'm scared to reach goal, scared to try to maintain and I KNOW I CAn, I'm really not saying I can't more, I'm scared and feeling very vulnerable.
Oh, I bet that's exactly where all this is coming from. It's hard losing weight you already lost once. I hated the loss from 235 down to 183, my previous success weight. It just felt like drudge work and work I shouldn't have to do, like it was not fair. It's hard to stop the "it's not fair" demon. Once you get past that line in the sand, I bet you will soar!

It's definitely a long process. But very soon now you will be at a place where you really don't care that you still have more to lose because you will find yourself happy right where you are! Everything past that is just gravy.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote