Losing Weight Cooking Job

• Ok, I'm here again. I come and go periodically.

I have been trying to convince myself for years, that even though I was fat I was healthy. My weight doesn't stop me from doing anything. For the most part that is true. But I am finding myself avoiding things that will hurt my knees. Needing to hold on to something when getting off the floor. Even getting off the couch works better with a boost. I am trying to hide these things from my family, but can no longer hide it from myself. I have to try again!!

My biggest issue right now, is that a friend and I are in the process of developing a gluten free bakery. How awesome, the fat lady wants to do a bakery! LOL

Has anyone succeeded in losing weight, while having a job that revolves around food??

Help, inspiration anyone??
  • Hi there! My sister is a pastry chef, and in the past 8 months she's lost almost 70 lbs!
  • Actually, it seems to me it may deaden your taste for it! LOL! I worked for an ice cream store and for a while didn't care for the smell of ice cream. I worked a concession stand once making strawberry donuts and the thought of them still makes me ill!
  • i think that might happen too! my dh used to work for pizza hut as a teenager. he was making/cooking the pizza. he wouldn't eat that kind of pizza for years. he loves pizza. it's still his least fav. kind.

also, it would be helpful to look up the estimates of calories burned in your new job. it sounds like you'll be very busy!