3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   100 lb. Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club-55/)
-   -   Is there a certain time you weigh yourself? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-lb-club/215030-there-certain-time-you-weigh-yourself.html)

ghostgirl811 10-17-2010 06:45 PM

Is there a certain time you weigh yourself?

Do you weigh yourself at the same time of day everytime you weigh yourself? And do you weigh yourself daily, or once a week?

I weigh myself 3 times a day, 5:30 when i get up to go to school, around 6 pm before i take a shower and around 7 which is usually about when i get out of the shower and then i take measurements. I know it sounds crazy but i cant help it lol

Rochester 10-17-2010 06:48 PM

First thing I do in the morning (after I pee), about 3 or 4 days a week. I have to restrain myself from checking constantly. :D

stucky1987 10-17-2010 06:51 PM

I weigh myself daily every morning before I eat. I figured it's the lightest I'm going to be during that day, so no point in watching my weight fluctuate over eating food and such. (And it can be a good start to the morning when I have weight loss :D lol)

dragonwoman64 10-17-2010 06:56 PM

recorded weigh in Friday mornings before breakfast

I weigh myself in between when I get curious, sometimes a little, sometimes more often. I don't think in general it's mentally useful and/or helpful for me to weigh myself in between. It tends to make me anxious and obsessive.

SeaWave 10-17-2010 07:44 PM

I weight myself every morning when I get up (or when I think of it!) My weight fluctuates so much from one day to the next that if I had a light weight one week, and a heavy weight the next I'd be totally discouraged. So daily is the way to go for me!

krampus 10-17-2010 08:27 PM

Exactly what SeaWave said. Daily right after I wake up and pee. I like to psych myself up by drinking a ton of water before I go to bed so I'll pee a lot in the morning.

AZ Sunrises 10-17-2010 08:29 PM

In the morning, after potty time. :) I'll randomly weigh at some point in the afternoon to see where I am. If I'm holding water weight, I'll up the water intake and know I'm going to be peeing all evening.

Sunshine73 10-17-2010 09:42 PM

I weigh myself everyday. First thing in the morning after potty time and a shower. I'm not sure that weighing everyday is the way to go but I can't seem to help myself so I just give in and do it. :dizzy:

Wild Vulpix 10-17-2010 09:48 PM

Every day, naked, after pottying too. :)

I also weigh myself clothed at night before going to bed, but I don't record that number. I like to look at it and gamble on what I'm going to weigh in the morning. It's a game to me :lol:

CourtneyDaisey 10-17-2010 10:34 PM

I weigh several times a day. My official weigh in day is Sunday. Every morning I wake up, strip, pee, and weigh. Sunday morning is when I record the official weight for the week though. I also weigh when I get to work, after lunch, when I get home, and again before bed. I just like to see how the foods I eat affect me throughout the day.

Obsessed? Yes, I am!

anna78 10-17-2010 10:36 PM

I am undecided on when I weigh in. Lol I had been weighing in everyday. Last 2 weeks once a week. I am thinking of going back to everyday... lol I am so undecided about everything lately!

ValRock 10-17-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Vulpix (Post 3526046)
Every day, naked, after pottying too. :)

I also weigh myself clothed at night before going to bed, but I don't record that number. I like to look at it and gamble on what I'm going to weigh in the morning. It's a game to me :lol:

I do the same thing haha. I find it helps me stay on plan if I weigh at least every day. It's easier to slip up if that number isn't going to be staring me in the face on a daily basis. It's also helped me become familiar with all the little dips and water gains I get during the month. I chart them so I can look at see "ohhh, last month I retained water during this time too." etc. Or I can see if what I ate the day before had too much sodium or whatever and made the scale jump.

StarGetsFit 10-17-2010 10:46 PM

I weigh every morning after I pee. Sometimes I'll weigh again after I shower as the hot water can relax me and make me need to eliminate solid waste. If I do, I weigh again after. I also weigh in the nude.

WinterJinx 10-17-2010 10:58 PM

I use to weight myself in the morning, the afternoon, and at night. (And I when I say I use to do this I mean I just stopped weighing myself so frequently like two weeks ago). It made me crazy to see my weight going up by two or three pounds as the day progressed :dizzy: And I weighed myself like this for months but it did help me to stay OP. I weigh myself every 10 days now. :o

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...YFq/weight.png

TooManyDimples 10-18-2010 12:02 AM

I only weight myself once a week. It's better for me to not obsess over the scale.