Old 10-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

I've had some tactless comments, like...you're loosing those shelves you had on your butt, I could have set a cup of coffee on it before. Hubby said that. But, I'm a tactless person myself, lmao, so honest comments like that don't bother me.
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:29 PM   #17  
Restart Date: 10/25/2009

S/C/G: 215/160/115 HW: 235

Most have been nice. I don't take the looking good type of compliments badly. Did I look good many pounds ago? No. The how many pounds have you lost question makes me extraordinarily uncomfortable. I never answer the question. I usually just say, "nice of you to notice," or something. This has always come from never been fat people who probably don't realize it could be awkward. One person said, "you look great you **itch!" As far as I know, no one has been intentionally rude.
lovemyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #18  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_H View Post
Its not really a compliment, but I find it sort of tactless when someone asks me specifcally how much weight I've lost.
I find that I respond with equal tact and bluntly tell them that I find the question to be rather gauche.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:55 PM   #19  
it IS all about me!!!

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/165ish

Height: 5'8"

Years ago, after I had lost a lot of pregnancy weight, my visiting brother told me that I looked "less bovine than usual". Niiiiice.
RobinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #20  

I just went back to work after a 1/2 a year off because of my accident and one of the doc's I was working with that day told me that it looked like someone took a needle and poked me because I looked like a balloon from the Macy's parade last time she saw me. I think that is going to stick w/me for the rest of my life
nurse2be is offline   Reply With Quote