Will I ever leave the 200s??

• I have been stuck here for about a month now. Just bouncing over the 200's. Its really getting annoying to me! This is where you leave behind basic math. Because I eat probably between 1200-1600 calories a day. I eat pretty clean 80 percent of the time. I exercise HARD for about 60 minutes 4-6 times a week. So...what the heck? This is why its hard for me to believe that weight loss is simple math, because it never has been for me!!
  • Aww, sorry to hear, hun. It sounds like you are in a long plateau. Keep strong, and tweak your plan if you can change anything to see if that helps at all. I've heard some people that were in a plateau for a month and eventually lost. Keep plugging away. hugz
  • Aww, hun...I feel your pain! I am wondering the same! Although I don't exercise nearly as much as you do! WOW! I know sometimes when the weight on the scale gets me down, I retake my measurements and I find that even though I may be at the same weight, my body is changing in measurements.

Have you been keeping any measurements?
  • I have been lazy about measurements. I should do that though! It just stinks. Its like my body just doesn't want to leave the 200s :P
  • I'm making my final push for onederland too! Good luck and hope you get there soon!!
  • You will get there!! Eventually your body has no choice but to succumb. Some bodies are just more stubborn than others! If you're exercising hard, you could also be building muscle which is heavier than fat, so make sure you are measuring yourself as well as weighing yourself, there lots of results to be seen there. You are doing a great job! Also I find I get a little stuck around milestones, it took a little bit to make the leap to onederland but eventually it happened. Keep on keepin' on!
  • I agree with the others when you get frustrated about your weight take your measurements. That usually helps me to keep going with what I am doing. Even thought I am a little farther away from 200 that I would like to be I still like to see those inches coming off. Good luck!
  • You sound exactly like me the last time I did this. You're following South Beach too, right? I did that, exercised like a madwoman, had initial success but then plateaued and then decided I had made things too hard and quit. I would love to save you from that! I got to a point in SBD where I just couldn't do it any longer without results. And I have PCOS too! I don't know why SBD stopped working for me, but it did.

I still plateau with calorie counting, but I don't get nearly as frustrated because this time I promised myself that if it got too hard I could just back off, which is way different than quitting. And of course I'm sure you've heard me spout out about how I made a year's commitment to being on plan every day. It's that commitment that has me saying to you that you just have to keep going and the weight will come off. I know this because I've done it...both ways.
  • Eliana, Thank you so much for responding. You inspire me, seriously. And really you make me feel like I can do it. I am just having a I want to run away and just cry day...you know those? Not just about weight loss....I just vented about it all in the PCOS forum. LOL Just not a good day, that's why later I am going to the gym and just going to take it all out on the machines!!
  • Make sure you are getting enough sleep, at least 8 hrs. Also make sure its quality sleep!

One other suggestion, taking meaurements can sometime be much more encouraging than weighing yourself everyday. Esoecially with all the exercise you have been doing. Your body may be changing without actualy losing weight!
  • Quote:
    Eliana, Thank you so much for responding. You inspire me, seriously. And really you make me feel like I can do it. I am just having a I want to run away and just cry day...you know those? Not just about weight loss....I just vented about it all in the PCOS forum. LOL Just not a good day, that's why later I am going to the gym and just going to take it all out on the machines!!
    Boy do I understand that! Thank God for spin class! I had one of those mornings myself. My dear friend gave me her shoulder for a bunch of belly aching just prior to class and by the end of class I felt amazing. I think I need to spin about every hour.
  • I'm there too. I believe the same advice all these sweet ladies are telling you. It will move. It has done it before it will do it again!

• I had the same problem at the same stage, too...at 206 and then 204, if I recall correctly. Keep on keeping on, and eventually it will just be a memory with which to help those out who are nearing onederland.

• Do not lose motivation or faith - you WILL get there

However, you might want to consider tweaking your plan in some ways to change it up. Not suggesting you switch to a totally new diet or anything. But try to incorporate a different variety of foods (even if the same calorie/protien/fat/etc breakdown). Change up type of workout, time of day, do more interval training?

And do some self-checking - in the 20% of time off plan, are you causing your problems? Or having a 50cal off plan day? Are you on top of water consumption? Any odd processed foods you are depending on? Does your colon feel like its getting good function? etc...

Most of all though - know that tenacity and patience will always break a plateau and just hang in there. The tweaking may just distract me more than it helps me sometimes