NSV - A Huge Grin

• Today I went to the gym for my workout as usual. Tuesday is a gym cardio/strength day depending on my mood and how sore I am from two classes on a Monday. Today I felt a little sore and tired and wasn't sure what to do, a treadmill run or the new programme my PT designed for me which is cardio/strength intervals. I decided to make a start on my PT programme and just see how I felt.
    Whilst in the main gym my PT came over and asked how I was doing and two other people who I talk to often commented that I looked like I'd lost more weight and was looking really good. One of them asked me about my PT sessions and on my recommendation has booked a course of them himself! I was also really happy that I managed to run at my fastest speed yet for one of the intervals on the treadmill, 11.5kph, and my rowing intervals were also faster than ever before, one being 129.
    I then went into the small "mans" gym which is where most of the weights are, to do my upper body workout, and there were several men in there doing their own thing. I've often seen one of them but he's never even acknowledged me before, until today lol. It was only a smile and a nod but it was like I was suddenly visible to him lol.
    Finally I went to the floor area to do my final ab exercises and then my stretches, and as I was stood on one leg stretching my quads I looked in the full length mirror in front of me and this girl was looking back. She looked slim, fit and toned, and her face just looked so healthy, energetic, glowing and happy and I suddenly realised that that girl looking back was me! My mouth immediately started to widen into a huge grin and although I felt a bit silly grinning at myself in the mirror I just couldn't stop. I looked back at myself and felt SO proud of myself for how far I've come and what I've achieved in fourteen and a half months. I still have some weight to lose, but I'm actually fitter now than I've ever been in my life, and it feels amazing!
  • Love it! Congratulations! Keep up the awesome work!
  • You make me weepy! I am so happy for you.
  • Great NSV! I have close to same amount of weight to lose. I'm looking forward to seeing myself fit and trim at the gym.
  • You rock! So happy for you!
  • That is awesome!
  • That's awesome!

Quote:
    She looked slim, fit and toned, and her face just looked so healthy, energetic, glowing and happy and I suddenly realised that that girl looking back was me!
    My favorite part - so happy for you!
  • I love it! So inspiring!!!
  • Awesome! I love gym NSV's and this sounds like one great big gigantic one!
  • Quote: You make me weepy! I am so happy for you.
    Ditto that. Awww.