Zumba

• With winter aproaching I have started to get worried about what I will do for activity. I mostly walk/ride my bike outside. I have decided I do not like going to the gym and if I dont like it I will not do it for the rest of my life. So... I went to my first Zumba class today and it was a blast. I have no rythm and have no idea what I was doing (except sweating ). Anyone else doing it/tried it?
  • Quote: With winter aproaching I have started to get worried about what I will do for activity. I mostly walk/ride my bike outside. I have decided I do not like going to the gym and if I dont like it I will not do it for the rest of my life. So... I went to my first Zumba class today and it was a blast. I have no rythm and have no idea what I was doing (except sweating ). Anyone else doing it/tried it?
    I totally suck at it . . . but I love it. I took a couple weeks worth of classes early in the summer on a free trial but can't afford $60 a month for the gym so I bought the videos for home. I have been doing the 20-minute express DVD and according to my GWF I burn about 200-220 calories in that 20 minutes.
  • Yep! I started in June of 2009 and now I'm a chronic. I'm no more graceful, mind you, but I'm a puddle of melted lard after the class!
  • I love it. I'll be going back this coming Tuesday night for the first time since June and I can't wait. The Zumba class and the kids fitness 'arcade' are the only reasons we belong to the Y at this point. I only got my body bugg a couple weeks ago so it will be interesting to see what I can burn.
  • I love zumba it is amazing even though i have absolutely no rhythm haha!!!
  • I hate it. Maybe I should've tried a class before I tried the videos, but it's way too hard for me, I end up tripping all over myself, sweating and in tears. I've tried probably a half a dozen times and I can't get the most basic routine. I'm more of a Richard Simmons style dancer than a Zumba dancer, clearly.
  • Hated it - and hurt my knee doing it.