4 cups of brown rice
    1/4 cup onions
    1/2 cup peas
    1/2 cup diced carrots
    1 clove garlic diced
    4 medium eggs
    soy sauce
    tiny bit of oil

Cook your rice, put all veggies in a pan and saute, add the shrimp, rice and eggs and cook with soy sauce (or whatever sauce you want!) until flavors meld

This will feed all five people in my family with leftovers. It's about 190 calories a cup and over 17 grams of protein.

Now how about YOU?
  • Chicken salad!

1/2 can of great value chicken
    1 box of raisins
    2 tbs. of lite honey dijon salad dressing
    1/2 an apple
    Pepper to taste

Feeds me and me alone. About 300 cals.
  • Spaghetti squash (instead of real pasta)
    Sauce - tomatoes, onions, olives
    Parmesan Cheese
    Whole grain garlic bread
  • Salad with browned ground turkey, tomatoes, craisins and whatever other veggies I find in the fridge!
  • A lean pork tender cut into pork fingers (baked), pearl couscous & a big salad
  • Crock Pot Cheeseburgers

1.5 lbs ground turkey (or lean beef)
    1 onion
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    8 oz low fat/low sodium velveeta cheese
    2 tblspoons milk

Brown meat, mix garlic powder and onions. Transfer into 5-6 qt crock pot, add cheese (cubed) and milk cook on low for 5-6 hours. then put on toasted wheat bun or bread of your choice. (it's hearty, i only eat half) but most of the cals come from the bun, i usually just eat half of a bun.
  • A thick stew/soup with:

Fresh cranberry beans
    A little whole wheat rotini
    tomatoes
    carrots
    celery
    leek
    garlic
  • Mmmmm. Those choices sounds good. I have no idea what I'm having for dinner.
  • guamvixen that sounds soooo yummy!! do you know how many cals are in it?
  • I was gonna make fish tacos until I saw BeverlyJoy's post - now I think it will be Zucchini Spaghetti. But I will need to find something else to add to it since that would still leave me about 400 calories short for the day.
  • So glad you make fried rice, cfmama - I make it all the time and it's one of my "wow, I can't believe this is a healthy meal" meals. I usually make it with ground turkey or tofu as the main protein (plus an egg or two) and toss in just about whatever vegetable I have in the house that needs to get used - onions, celery, peas, celery, peppers - I have even put in chopped broccoli.

Tonight, I think I'll make sauteed okra and onions, and serve it over a small portion of pasta, with some nabulsi (delicious middle-eastern cheese, only 80 calories an ounce) shredded on top.
  • Wow, those Crock Pot Cheeseburgers sound incredibly yummy!! I'll be having red beans and rice!

1/2 can kidney beans
    1/2 cup instant rice
    1/4 cup salsa fresca
    Then I stir in cajun seasonings and water to fill the pot and simmer to the right consistency! Simple and yummy.
  • Red Breans & Rice with boneless skinless chicken breast mixed in. Salad & low fat pea salad...lol sounds really weird now. But thats what hubby and the kids want
  • Quote: Crock Pot Cheeseburgers

1.5 lbs ground turkey (or lean beef)
    1 onion
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    8 oz low fat/low sodium velveeta cheese
    2 tblspoons milk

Brown meat, mix garlic powder and onions. Transfer into 5-6 qt crock pot, add cheese (cubed) and milk cook on low for 5-6 hours. then put on toasted wheat bun or bread of your choice. (it's hearty, i only eat half) but most of the cals come from the bun, i usually just eat half of a bun.
    Wow this sounds yummy!! Gonna have to try this.
  • Spicy Asian Lettuce Wraps and Sesame Green Beans. One of my favorite meals!